fanfic game

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

fanfic game

Postby mixedintrests on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Okay, so I've always wanted to write a fanfiction about EGS, but I've also always been lazy. Well, I started writing one. Once I got started however, I decided that I really don't have the time to finish it, and even if I did, I had a better idea of how to use it.

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I'm going to post the beginning of my fanfic here and allow you all to finish it. This is a game, not a ploy to get you all to do my work for me. I'm not going to use any of this for anything, and I don't want any credit for whatever comes from it. This is simply me taking the effort to write this much, and not wanting to see it wasted. Anyway, I'm really interested to see where different people go with this.

Just to clarify, I want each person to start where I left off and finish it completely themselves. You can't change anything about my beginning, unless you want to give the other cop who comes in a name (you'll see what I mean). That's the only exception I'm making, only becasue I wanted to give him/her a name, but it just didn't pan out. If anyone is interested, I invisioned it to be a female cop.

So here is what I wrote... Have at it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mixedintrests wrote:
Kirk blinked as he entered the brightly lit questioning cell. The suspect had been waiting for a good hour for somebody to question him, which Kirk considered a bad thing. People around the station tended to think of suspects and criminals as low-priority; something he just couldn’t understand. Wasn’t this what they were in business for? Catching and convicting the bad guys? Plus, letting them sit around and think about what they were going to say was never a good idea. Much better to catch them off guard as soon as they were brought in, so they didn’t have any time to get their lies in order.
This was an especially unique case, and Kirk was quite surprised that none of his co-workers had been interested in questioning this guy. When he had arrived at the station he met a group of his fellow police officers just standing around the observation window staring at the man inside. Actually, man might not have been the best description for what he was. It seemed that what was sitting in front of him now was a teenage boy that had been crossed with some kind of cat. Kirk sat down across from the boy and opened up his file folder.
“So,…Elliot. Do you mind me asking what’s with the get-up?”
The boy looked at Kirk like he was the unusual one, and smirked.
“Get-up? You really think this is an outfit?”
“Well boy, you can’t expect me to believe that this is the way you look. You are obviously wearing some kind of furry mask and a cat costume.”
Elliot scowled at the unfortunate looking cop, with his bulbous nose and almost comically large ears.
“You know, for someone with such big ears I’d think you’d be better at listening. This is not a costume! But-”
Kirk interrupted what he was sure was a very well thought out story and said,
“Really now. Well then maybe you’d like to explain to me how you came to be roaming around in the middle of the night, covered in blood, and dressed in what appears to be a very convenient disguise of your actual appearance?”
At this point another one of the officers walked into the room and approached Kirk. At first Kirk was annoyed at the interruption, but when he heard what the officer whispered into his ear, his attitude changed. Kirk looked up at his co-worker with utter confusion.
“What do you mean, it’s really not a costume? You mean to tell me this boy is actually a human-cat hybrid?”
The boy took this opportunity to pipe in with the explanation officer Kirk had previously requested.
“Listen, I’ll tell you what’s going on here. I know you aren’t going to believe it, but you’ve seen during my photo shoot that this fur does not come off my body. My best friend is a mad scientist and he has a belt that can turn people into cats.”
And thus began the questioning session that Kirk would remember as long as he lived...

The rest is up to you! Have fun! :D
If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat.
~Mark Twain~

*** Participating in the Gender-Swap Avitar fun! In light of having a gender neutral name I shall simply change my name like so: interestsmixed! It's swaped SEE???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Years of Bunny-ness: Over 2 Years!
Posts so far: 230
Newbies Glomped: 12 (First: 3)
Newbie Packages given: 5
TOTAL XP: 1,125

Bunny Level 6 Achieved!

Oh! And this:
mixedintrests
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: fanfic game

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:48 pm

"My freind is an inventor, and he made a belt that turns people into cats and humans, he also has a TF gun with which he can turn you into any form, He could even copy people"
Kirk looked at Elliot. "So, he could make some on look like lets say, Ronald Mcdonald?"
Elliot sighed, he hated being thought of as untrustworthy.
"Yes, he could, but ussualy it is only for fun"
Kirk stood up "One second please", and went over to another officer
"Has he been tested for drugs?" He asked?
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 pm

(Here's an idea. Leave as is. Let the people make up their own fiction about the events. Steven King and a few other authors have done it before.)
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby mixedintrests on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:46 am

davecom3 wrote:(Here's an idea. Leave as is. Let the people make up their own fiction about the events. Steven King and a few other authors have done it before.)

:o ...I thought that is exactly what I have done? :-?

I was just asking the people to share what they make up instead of just thinking it...

On a side note: I like the comparison to Steven King. I know you weren't acually saying I was on his level or anything, but still, he is one of my favorite authors. To have someone use his name in a comment about my writing and it not be like "this writing sucks and will never be as good as Steven King" is pretty sweet! :smug:
If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat.
~Mark Twain~

*** Participating in the Gender-Swap Avitar fun! In light of having a gender neutral name I shall simply change my name like so: interestsmixed! It's swaped SEE???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bunny Level 6 Achieved!

Oh! And this:
mixedintrests
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby davecom3 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:25 pm

(But that was a suggestion for the ending, like the ending for the "Lady and the Tiger" or several Stephen King short stories. In this fashion it could still be a perfectly good fan fiction completely written by you, even though you didn't have time to finish it. And I've actually seen shorter short stories by famous authors. Like one short story that was only a line long. Look at Asimov for that.)
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby theopenandclosedbook on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:22 am

theopenandclosedbook wrote:"My freind is an inventor, and he made a belt that turns people into cats and humans, he also has a TF gun with which he can turn you into any form, He could even copy people"
Kirk looked at Elliot. "So, he could make some on look like lets say, Ronald Mcdonald?"
Elliot sighed, he hated being thought of as untrustworthy.
"Yes, he could, but usually it is only for fun"
Kirk stood up "One second please", and went over to another officer
"Has he been tested for drugs?" He asked?

((For get that, I want to do this fanfic))

"Nope, he is clean"
"What should we do then, I mean for god sakes hes a cat thing, we can't send him home till we figure out what is going on and we can't let any one else know" said Kirk
Elliot heard what they where saying and called out "Get me some clothes and a place to clean up and I can turn into a human"
Current Avatar: Lea Plath the Anansi Mage.
theopenandclosedbook
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby davecom3 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:28 am

I just ended it how I thought might be reasonable; you end it your own way.
davecom3
Keenspot Deity

Postby mixedintrests on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:06 am

davecom3 wrote:I just ended it how I thought might be reasonable; you end it your own way.

Oh! I get it now! I think... :P
~Mark Twain~

Bunny Level 6 Achieved!

Oh! And this:
mixedintrests
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Mayhem