Legend Busters - A Fantasy Fiction

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Legend Busters - A Fantasy Fiction

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Bradley seemed to hold a calm demeanor as his purple eyes scanned the letter again, but inside he was shaking. He had never been this excited since he became an official wizard. His companions sat around him at their corner tavern table, a favored spot for its sheer cliche value, staring and waiting. Only Kirk opposite of him seemed uninterested, leaning back with a half-empty wine glass. The young half-elf had been silent since the young gnome delivered the letter to him and they figured it was something important, Bradley was not amongst those who would stay silent for no reason.

Finally, Belladonna spoke up. Well, more like stuttered, "B-bradley? What is it?" She asked worriedly, concerned as she was for all her friends, but Bradley above all else.

"Yer mom didn't die, did she?" Frederick put in.

This comment snapped Bradley out of his stupor. He and his mother did not see eye to eye on many things. He looked up to regard Frederick with his usual sarcasm, "If only I were so lucky. Lucky, this is, but not lucky enough."

Kirk sighed deeply and ruffled his feathers, impatient to hear about the letter so he could move on with his life, "Oh, quite with the suspense and tell us what the letter is. By the gods, you draw things out forever."

"Fine. This is a letter from my uncle, Osiris-"

"The demon cultist?" Kirk interupted, suddenly taking a more active interest as he leaned forward, frowning.

"Osiris is not a cultist," Bradley scowled, annoyance creeping into his voice, "He is a highly respected wizard and the member of the Legend Busters adventuring guild," He suddenly dropped his voice very low and leaned forward, motioning the other to do the same, as if to keep his next words from prying ears, "He has invited us to join the guild."

"Why are we whispering?" Kirk asked sarcastically.

"The Legend Busters!" Frederick shouted excitedly, "The Legend Busters!? We're gonna be Busters!?"

Fredrick stood up on his chair, shouting the rest of the tavern his luck. To be a Buster was the dream of many adventurers, including the glory-seeking Frederick.

"Frederick, calm yourself!" Bradley demanded.

"So, why was Bradley trying to be secretive about this?" Kirk asked, the eagle-kin turned to Belle. He figured the woman crushing on Bradley would know the most of what goes on in his mind.

The half-orc woman shrugged, watching Bradley try to wrestle the excited Frederick back into his seat, "He's just likes to be mysterious about things."

Kirk turned to regard Bradley with the same sarcastic disdain the half-elf showed the swordman, watching him fail to wrestle the much stronger Frederick back into his seat. He then picked his wine glass pack up and muttered before drinking again, "Stupid wizard."
Last edited by Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Legend Busters - A Fantasy Fiction

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:32 am

Got an interesting start there...
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:58 am

Indeed you do. I'll look forward to the next installment.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:17 am

Bradley finally managed to calm Frederick down, allowing him to adress the group like the self-imposed leader he was. He straightened his robes and proped himself on his elbows and folding his hands together in front of his face as if in prayer. He spoke grvely, seriously, "Now, I wish to ask you if you want to accept this invitation."

He quickly silenced Frederick's obvious response with a pointing finger, reminding the swordsman how he could conjure lightening with a mere utterance.

"Why wouldn't we?" Kirk asked, leaning back as he relaxed his thoughts. The thought of going to the Buster HQ in New Tral City pleased him and his hedonistic life style, "We haven't much here save each other and the Busters are the elite."

"But w-with prestige comes responsibility!" Bella piped up, trying to impress Bradely with something he would say.

Bradley nodded, appreciative of the support and apparently naive to its motives, "Right you are."

Bella blushed deeply and the two other boys rolled their eyes, annoyed at such an undignified display from someone who was supposed to have descended from Dominax's Battle Dragons.

Bradley ignored them and carried on, "The Legend Busters are the elite because they get the most dangerous jobs."

Fredrick slammed his hand down excitedly. He would not put up with this hesitance, and he made his feeling known loudly, "We're ready, Bradley!"

"Armor head is right," Kirk said, using a childhood insult on Fredrick illiciting glares from him, "The Legend Busters are the elite because Rolomere would accept only the best. We are ready, Bradley."

"Then we have an accord?" Bradley asked.

"Can't you just say, 'So were gonna go?'" Frederick retorted, wishing the mage would talk like a normal person.
Last edited by Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby twilightdusk on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am

looks like it's getting off to a good start, though some character and setting descriptions would make it easier to picture what's going on.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome: Poptarts, man. Total firehazard.
A. Einstein: Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its life thinking that it's stupid.
BinaryWraith: Surrounded by idiots and madmen, and no way to tell which is which.
KillerFish:Gah, conflicted! And drunk!
Mostly drunk.
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Darkness surrounding me, exept for the light of the blood-red moon.

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:56 am

twilightdusk wrote:looks like it's getting off to a good start, though some character and setting descriptions would make it easier to picture what's going on.

Description was always a problem for me. Sometime I can go into paragraphs describing a character but then it gets boring. But then I describe too little sometimes.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby twilightdusk on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:08 pm

while I agree with you that overly-long descriptions are bad, a sentence each describing the most obvious features of each character doesn't sound like too much to ask for (sorry if I sound pushy, all of it is strictly my opinion for you to follow, or not to follow)
Jesse_God_of_Awesome: Poptarts, man. Total firehazard.
A. Einstein: Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its life thinking that it's stupid.
BinaryWraith: Surrounded by idiots and madmen, and no way to tell which is which.
KillerFish:Gah, conflicted! And drunk!
Mostly drunk.
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Darkness surrounding me, exept for the light of the blood-red moon.

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:40 pm

The next day, the four had gathered their few belongings and put them on horses picked out by Bradley. Because of his obsession with coordination each person had a horse matching their coloration in some way. Being an eagle-kin, descendany of an actual eagle and the Furry Dragons, Kirk had a brown horse with a white head. Bradley picked a horse as brown as his skin, Bella rode one as black as her armor and Federick rode a white one to match his pale skin and his faith in the gods of Light.

None of this was lost upon them, "I think we need to talk about your need to color code things," Kirk told him so.

"Or maybe we shouldn't let him pick our horses anymore," Frederick added, although he did quite like his horse.

"You guys can all go straight to the Nine Hells," Bradley muttered, wishing they would just leave him alone about it. Only Bella made no complaints, but this was to be expected.

~

Thus did the week long trip from the Central Minian capital of X'Ton to the New Tral Island in the middle of the Neutral Sea happen uneventfully. New Tral Island was huge ever expanding city, as such because it existed in its own pocket dimension which entrance and subsequent exit was the magical smog that floated on the surface of the sea. The pocket dimension was created by the wizard Rolomere but the city was founded by the now extinct Mordekai Clan of the Tral.

As the fog parted and allowed the ferry carrying them across to come through, the four marveled at the city. It was place of architecural marvel made from marble. Tall towers, great buildings, beautiful statues. It combined the art of many different cultures, from the Tropicans of the South, the Zhianese of the East, the Politians from the West, the Dwarves of the North, and the High Elves that lived in the center of the continent. The ferry docked and the four came off, Bella and Fred rushing off like excited children, Kirk strolling out calmly, and Bradley coming slowly.

Frederick and Bella together could look like sibling, both bearing red hair. However, Frederick hair was of the purest red and his heritage the purest human. Belladonna had lemony red hair. She also had green freckles and tusk, marking her as only half-human and half-orc.

Bella's yellow-green eyes were at awe of how many difference races and creed existed here. She saw many half-breed such as herself and Bradley even. Frederick's blue eyes were at awe of the sheer majest of the place. Although he came from the city of X'Ton, it was much more subdued and calm. This place was vibrant, colorful, bustling and just so full of life.

Kirk's eagle eyes scanned the place, taking in detail, his predatory instincts kicking in. Soon, he supressed them and let other instincts kick in. He followed after Frederick and Bella, desiring to enjoy himself. Bradley, however, the leader he imposed himself as, trailed behind them. Storm gray robe rustling, hood over his deep purple eyes, he was lost in thought. He lifted the cage in his hands up to eyes level.

"What does Osiris want?" He asked the occupant. The sleeping bat within had no answer.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:06 pm

I've edited all three part to include more details.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:01 pm

After hours of wondering about the stone city and its twistings streets filled with alluring shops, they finally make it to their destination. They would have made it there sooner, but Brad and Fred ended up going shopping for spell books and weapondry respectively. Not that either of them bought anything, mind you, much to Kirk's annoyance. It annoyed Kirk even more that Belle was not annoyed with him, calm and relaxed about everything.

However, make it the Legend Busters Headquarters they did. Isolated from the main markets or living district, the place had few pedestrians. The area was dark too, shadowed by surrounding wizard towers. For the first building of the city, smack dab in the middle, it was not an impressively ornate building but it was rather large, one hundred meters tall, even with the numerously tall towers about. Although not as tall, it made up for that in width, although it was tall as it was wide. As for lack of ornamentation, the building was a simple affair of a big windowless granite rock. The only thing marking it for what it was the symbol of the Busters, the front view of an Eldritch Dragon's skull, surrounded by a circle, stamped really big right above the front door.

The front door itself was, just as the building, big but unornate. Thick oak reinforced by black iron, it was a simple affair if as tall as a giant with a dwarf standing on his head. In fact, it was two Stone Giants, about six meter tall behemoths with thick leathery gray skin and hard mineral growth sprouting all about it, that flanked the door. They were hardy creatures without their armor. However, as Frederick and Bella admired them, it was Bradley and Kirk who noticed the other two gaurdians above the door.

Mordekai, a male and a female. A variation of the race of man created by Noname, God of Magic, and his closest sibling, Mia, Goddess of Nature. Skin a lighter shade of gray than the Stone Giants, they, of course, looked nothing like the bulky race. They were thin and lean, especially their women. Their men were merely athletic. They were completely bald as well, but most striking was their lack of eyes, not even sockets. They barely even had a nose, just a bump with two small holes, and no ears, just a hole on each side of their head. Their faces were covered in what looked like intricate scars, but the Mordekai were born with them, each different from another, so those familiar with Mordekai told them apart via facial markings.

Both Mordekai were attached to the wall, hanging their by their own natural means. The male was crouched on the wall, both bare feet and hands on the wall. He wore only poofy light purple pants. The female stood erect, as if the wall were the ground. She wore robes of deep purple. All of the Mordekai males were natural in their craft, working with their hands, be it swordmanship or smithing. The women, however, were all mages of one sort or the other.

All four gaurds spotted them as they approached, but it was the Mordekai that spoke. Stone Giants rarely speak for even they find their voices grating.

"Step forward, good travellers, and please state your business," The male asked in a slithering voice. The Mordekai were infamous for their creepy speech and overt politeness.

"Let them through! Let them through!" Ordered a voice behind the four adventurers tinted in the same Hillsmen accent as Bradley's, but carrying a hint of graveliness.

While the other three turned to it curiously, Bradley remembered the voice that taught him magic. His eyes widened as he spotted his old teacher and uncle.

"Osiris!"

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:10 pm

Osiris was a wizard. One could tell that at first glance simply by spotting the big pointed straw hat on his head. He was also, quite obviously, an elf. Lunaria's breed, in fact, the dark elf, the drow elf. Osiris was attypical for a dark elf, skin almost like onyx but with a purple sheen, and hair of the purest white, although it was much shorter than was popular with elves. Only his eyes were different. Most drow had red eyes, with the occasional having purple and almost all human-drow hybrids having that color as well. Osiris had yellow eyes, deep and cat-like. Almost like the yellow Nameless Moon which supposedly represented the offensive capabilities granted by the God of Magic.

Bradley ran up and embraced the elf. Osiris seemed surprised by this, as if people didn't come near him in such an intimate manner. However, he quickly got over it and returned the hug, a gentle smiled played across his face. All of the attending, Bradley's friends and the gaurds were shocked from the open show of intimacy from their respective acquaintance, both of them know each one as stoic and not at all the huggy-type. Fredrick merely scowled at this though, perhaps becuase he was Light worshipper and Drows were the spawn of the vile Goddess of Darkness. Or perhaps he had forgotten this was Bradley's uncle and was jealous of the love Bradley showed him.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Mayhem