Knights of the United Nations - A Superhero Fiction

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Knights of the United Nations - A Superhero Fiction

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sun May 18, 2008 7:27 pm

In a world full of superheroes and villains, the United Nations attempted to adress global threats with a global solution. This solution was the Knights of the United Nations, otherwise known as the United Knights. By choosing one superhero local to every continent except Antartica, they sought global representation. Unfortunatley, the recruitment was on a strictly voluntary basis and recquired that the hero was fluent in enough tongues so as to properly communicate with his would-be teammates. This severely limited the possible choices but they eventually got what they needed. Now they gathered them all in their proposed headquarter of Tokyo, Japan since it was one of their own citizens who was acting as the primary funder of the group. All of them except for the representative of North America

_

Jamar was quite well used to three way intersections back home but they were usually square shape with an easy North-South or East-West choice on direction. It seemed Tokyo had some disagreements in its initial urbanization and this resulted in the abominable triangle shape intersection that law before him. This further resulted in the choice between North-East and North-West and Jamar only remembered North. Eventually, he found himself wandering aimlessly about Tokyo with no idea on where he could be and wandering why they didn't give him an adress.

"I thought I'd find you here," He heard up above in Japanese.
Last edited by Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon May 19, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Knights of the United Nations - A Superhero Fiction

Postby Helseth on Mon May 19, 2008 12:48 am

sounds good so far cant wait to see where you take it
Image Image
veni, vedi, cerebra consumpsi
Inventory moved to wiki

If the strange behaviour of my character offends remember that the twisted mind that created it a probably several countries away.

Brain bleach available on request

"So many hancuffs in my life and NEVER a single hot chick involved" Dave, crfh
Helseth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon May 19, 2008 11:54 am

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:"I thought I'd find you here," He heard up above in Japanese.

Jamar looked up to see a young girl floating in a semi-translucent lavender sphere in a purple sundress. Had she been directly above him, Jamar guess he would have seen right up her dress, so he sincerely hoped she wore short under there because he didn't want to work with Ms. Fanservice.

"Hello," He said in Japanese as well, "You must be the Asian representative."

"Correct."

Smiling she floated down in front of him, the sphere disappearing like a bubble with a pop. He could see now that she had purple eyes to match her dress and powers, but her skin was pale and her hair was as white as snow.

"I'm Violet," She introduced in English, "And you must be the American."

"North American," He corrected in English as well, "My name is Jamar."

"But you are American, right?" She asked as if it were obvious.

"Well, I do have Canadian citizenship," He said, "But I am an American first."
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ajac on Mon May 19, 2008 12:01 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeenteresting. North America's representative isn't from the local superpower. Nice.
"Life is actually very simple. We make it difficult."--Confucious.
"IDIC- Infinite diversity in Infinite combinations."--Gene Roddenberry, the Great Bird of the Galaxy.
Q'apla my trekkie bretheren across teh inter-web!
Ut is est Fio mos non planto is Verum.
God wants Spirtual Fruits, not religious nuts.
Ajac
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon May 19, 2008 4:25 pm

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:"Well, I do have Canadian citizenship," He said, "But I am an American first."

"So you've been around," She looked around, "But not around Tokyo apparently."

She stepped closer to Jamar and waved one arm dramatically, causing a purple bubble to materialize around them, "I'll give you a ride."

"Thanks," Jamar said they ascended into the sky.

_

They landed on a roof labeled with the Knights' insignia, a much more colorful version of the UN symbol but flanked by a red cape instead of two olive branches. As the bubble popped out of existence, Violet grabbed Jamar handed and dragged him to the roof access door.

"Come on! I'll introduce you to the others!" She exclaimed as she guided down a flight of stairs and into a room. However, the room had only one napping occupant. Jamar's golden cornea eye widened at the sight for never before had he seen such a biblical looking being. Not in a long time had he, anyway.

"That the Australian representative, Psycrone," Violet explained, "He flew all the way over here himself so he's tired."

Jamar needn't be told that this one could fly. From the shoulders of his shirtless back sprouted great white wings, almost like that of an angel's except they were leathery and bat-like like a demon's. This was accentuated by the long bull horns sticking out of his forehead the glowed a pale yellow like a halo.

However, this wasn't really had Jamar entranced. Psycrone wore nothing save a bear of faded jean short, showing of his muscular that was not quite like a body builder but definitley than of a professional athletes.

"Dear gods, he's ripped," Jamar spat as he felt his own torso, "I feel immasculated!"

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon May 19, 2008 7:17 pm

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote: "Dear gods, he's ripped," Jamar spat as he felt his own torso, "I feel immasculated!"

"Well, the American is finally here," A sultry voice snapped in French.

Jamar looked away from the immasulcating demo-angel and scowled at a black clad blond woman.

"Well, hello to you too," He snapped back in French, "And I also happen to have Canadian citizenship."

"Hm," She snorted, not terribly impressed, snapping her ponytail, "I'm Gabriella the European representative."

Jamar observed the woman cooly. She was obviously very comfortable with the language so Jamar guessed she was French. She dressed like some kind of super spy crossed with a race reject. She wore black body suit the covered her whole body just short of her head. Over than a long flowing black trenchcoat that reached down to her ankles. She also had the body of a busty ballerina.

"Really, my dear, you must tell me where you got this coat," Said a nasally British-accented voice in English behind her, causing the European to jump, "The enchantment is ancient and deep. Trully fascinating."

Jamar frowned and bended his head so he could see the man behind her. he was slouched behind her with skin so dark it was almost black. He wore a storm gray cloak with the hood up, shadowing his face.

"Hello," Came a Spanish-speaking voice behind Jamar, causing him to jump himself. He turned toward yet another hooded figure who also wore black. He wore a black sweat shirt, black pants, black shoes, black gloves, and even a small black cape attached to his waist. The whole ensembled. The only non-black thing was the white mask which furhter covered a black sock mask, thus completely concealing his features. The white mask was an ovular thing with three golf-ball size holes, one over each eye and the last over the mouth. It was simple and vaguely frightening.

"Gah!" Jamar jumped again after getting a second look of him.

The whole time, Psycrone did not even stir. He seemed like some ancient sleeping god thing sitting upon his ancient throne that was really a comfy chair. Also, Violet seemed completely unperturbed.

"That's the African representative," She introduced, pointing to the black man scarring Gabriella, "His name means Great Wizard in English but he prefers Archmage."

The masked man nodded, "I'm the South American representative," He said in English, "My alias literary translates to Watcher of Ghosts in your language but you syntax turns it into Ghost Watcher."

"So gangs all here then," Came yet another myserious voice.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Wed May 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:"So gangs all here then," Came yet another myserious voice.

The heroes turned to the new voice (Their seemed to be allot of these) and saw a man in a lab coat and monocle and big crazy red hair.. He bowed low.

"Greeting," He said, "I am Mr. Mad."

Jamar blinked in recognition of the name. This was the Japanese funder of the group, but he had an British father if he remembered correctly.

Mad continued, “My real name is Dr. Michelangelo Maddock DCXLV,” He pronounced the roman numeral letter by letter instead, “I will be honest with you. The UN original though up this group as little more than a publicity stunt but I’ve pulled some strings to make sure it had some real power and authority. You all are actually responsible for helping out with international and global crises when the metahuman actually becomes involved. Between such crises, you will be acting as a normal vigilante group so as to make sure you guys get actual exposure and such and such.”

“So we’ve been regulated to super diplomats?” Jamar whined.

“Pretty much,” Mad said, “But you also now have authorization to act on a global scale with your regular vigilante duties. Ya know, except in whatever country happened to piss of the rest of the global community at the time.”

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sun May 25, 2008 9:17 pm

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:
Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:“Pretty much,” Mad said, “But you also now have authorization to act on a global scale with your regular vigilante duties. Ya know, except in whatever country happened to piss of the rest of the global community at the time.”

Mad grinned maddly, "Now then," He said stepping into the middle of the room where the others had gathered, "If you would all sit down on the couch," He gestured toward the bit of very long furniture situated next to the comfy chair.

Mad situated himself in front of a wall imbedded wide-screen tv opposite of the couch. He reached into his lab coat and produced a shiny steel ball. Everyone leaned forward to see what this strange device must be. Everyone except for the sleeping Psycrone.

Which is why Mad reeled back the ball and, like some angered professional pitcher, threw the steel ball straight into the Australian representative's head. The impact sent him sprawling back, his deep purple eyes snapping open, his arm wide open in surprise. He quickly settled down, his eyes still wide. He looked about the room like a scared squirrel.

"I'm awake," He informed all.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Helseth on Mon May 26, 2008 2:23 am

:D not the nicest way to wake someone up but definitely effective :lol:
Image Image
veni, vedi, cerebra consumpsi
Inventory moved to wiki

If the strange behaviour of my character offends remember that the twisted mind that created it a probably several countries away.

Brain bleach available on request

"So many hancuffs in my life and NEVER a single hot chick involved" Dave, crfh
Helseth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Mon May 26, 2008 9:07 am

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:"I'm awake," He informed all.

"Are you now?" Mad asked sarcastically, as he reached into his lab coat. This time, everyone braced themselves from some attack, except for Psycrone who still seemed dazed and only half-awake. This time, Mad pulled out what was obviously a remote. He pointed it at the tv and turned it on. With some deft button pushing, he got a slide show of pictures to start.

"Now to get you all familiar with one another's with my hands presentation," He began, "But first, allow me to get this out of the way. I do keep track of all the world's metahuman and otherwise costumed population, so this why I already know so much about all of you. Any one mind?"

"That you researched us?" Gabriella shrugged, looking about and seeing no resentment about her. Of course, she also could see any of Ghost Watcher's face.

"How much do you know?" The South American hissed.

Mr. Mad frowned at Ghost's suspicion, "Just your capabilities that I picked up with my various sensor, including the ones for magic," He smiled smugly, "Yes, I believe in magic. Most of you are, in fact, supernatural in nature," His face turned grim, "The rest of you and your fare share of contact with the ilk to know I'm not bull shitting when I say much of those things are real, and then some."

Said supernatural superheroes nodded and Violet and Gabriella thought back to their own encounters with such things. Yes, this batch knew how real the unreal could be.

"Still no problems? Good," Mad turned to the tv, urking some of them with his bellitling tone. Mad pressed a button to the next slide from the 'United Knights Intro' one.

"This is Jamar of Canada," Mad explained, looking to the picture of the North American Rep, "His claim to fame is that he is, or was, an ancient god of some long gone magic intensive world. Now he is some kind of pseudo-deity, still having many of the same properties yet none of the sheer scale of power. His mortal frame, if that's what it can be called, is entirely made of liquid gold supported by a solid gold skeleton. Damage to this body can quickly be prepared making him immortal," This fact was supported by the picture of Jamar battling several armored men with several gapping wound that bled gold while whacking one of those soldier with disattached left arm held by his right, "Other than this, he has a degree of super strength and agility as well as eons of wordly experience. However, in the realm commonly refered to as the Astral Plane by mystics, where one's power is soul based, he has been noted to have a greater degree of power, but this information is second hand."

The last comment had Mad looking to Jamar himself, who shrugged noncommitedly. Mad shrugged in return and pressed the button again.

"Next we have is Ghost Watcher. His base of operation is not limited to a single country but running all over South America and sometimes into Central America-"

He went on at length about their powers like that, informing each of them of their partners' respective capabilities.

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Fri May 30, 2008 7:30 pm

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:He went on at length about their powers like that, informing each of them of their partners' respective capabilities.

Just as Mad was finishing explaining how Gabriella had more ammunition than God, a red light from an unknown source began to blink, and similarly untrackable screeching pulsated in opposite of the light.

"Hm, one of the alarms already went of?" Mad mused.

Seemingly more on edge than the rest of them, Ghost Watcher already had his hand on the knives hidden behind his waist-cape, "Is it a proximity alarm?"

"Oh? No. You see, I set up satellites to keep track of metahuman activity, heroic, villainous, or otherwise. This alarm means their is one of the villainous activities going on in a city lacking any heroic supervision."

"Wait, how do you know what this specific alarm means?" Gabriella asked, curiously.

"I set them up to pulse in a certain way," Mad explained matter-of-factly.

Archmage frowned, "You memorized these pulses?"

Mad smirked devilishly, "Super genius, remember?"

"Wait, wait, wait," Jamar throw up his arms in protest, "Does this mean were gonna answer the call of every city without a cape to cover it? Not that I mind playing substitute super, but how do you expect us to get around doing that."

Psycrone looked to Jamar, "I could carry yo-"

"NO."

"No, no, no, no, no!" Mad silenced them, "I have a teleporter for this."

"..."

"You have a freakin' teleporter?"

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BahamutWings on Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:35 pm

Hello Jesse! It's nice to see a story spread far and wide as this one. :)
Rest in peace Lohti... It was nice knowing you...

Brawl Taunts: The first rule of Fur Fagotry... You DON'T recover
Jesse GoA: Jim was busy doing his 'I landed upright and you suckers didn't' dance.
catldr24: And if that was too mature, D) Shut up. Rest of the argument.

Current Avatar - Zephyros Vardar
My FF Page- [link]

ImageImage
|Current EXP 5590|Next Level 360 EXP| (But keeps track anyway)
BahamutWings
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:04 pm

"Of course I have a teleporter," Mad objected dignantly to Ghost.

"Then why didn't you just teleport us here?" Ghost asked.

"Uh... because of... science?"

"Oh, right."

Hands on her hips, Gabriella made the first bid to leadership with an attempt to take charge, "So who are we fighting."

"Someone Jamar might know," Mad explained, "Another would-be god called Khanus," Mad explained, "He escaped from the Abyss some time ago and he's recently resurfaced to go on a killing spree. We're talking about someone with immense strength almost on par with Psycrone's, just almost, and a regeneration ability lesser than Jamar's but close."

"Ring any bells?" Archmage smiled at Jamar.

"I know him. Khanus, God of Slaughter. He is made of flesh and blood like the rest of you, but he draws life from the lives he takes. Every drop of blood he spills is more blood to fuel him. And he killed such countless many that we may never put him down for good. We can only hope to beat him to a literal pulp and then send him back to the Abyss."

"I have the means to send him there," Archmage offered.

"I've got a gun that send things there," Gabriella added.

"I have similiar technology," Mad admitted, "But the weakness of such technology, and even magic, is that is simply doesn't work on moving targets. Jamar's idea holds merit. Immobolize Khanus and then send him to the Abyss."

Psycrone raised his hand.

"Yes?" Mad nodded to him.

"Isn't the Abyss supposed to be nigh-inescapable?" Psycrone asked.

"Nigh means near, Psycrone," Mad said, "It is not impossible, simply hard to do. And since we only put the worst of the worst in the Abyss, they usually have the stuff to do it."

Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Mayhem