scrubbo wrote:Okie dokey, I'm doing a contest!
Here it is :
Spot the Fuck ups! I'm making my comics ready for book publication. Which means I should fix all the typos, art mistakes, (missing choker on Mary, background fill screwups, etc) and general snafus in the comics. Here are the details :
1) The mistakes need to be in the comics themselves. Mistakes in the rants won't count because they aren't going in the book. (Although some comics will be annotated.)
2) All mistakes need to be presented in this format :
Strip Number - mm/dd/yyyy - Description
For instance :
Strip 234 - 05/09/2005 - Damian's moustache is missing in 4th panel.
Please include panels affected by the mistake. (No, you can't use that one as the comic isn't going to be in the book!) To find the date for a strip, just look at the rant below or look at the file name in your URL bar. It follows the format of YYYYMMDD.html in the url bar. One mistake to a line, please!
3) Submit multiple mistakes in a single comic seperately. That will improve your odds of winning as whoever gets the most mistakes wins the prize! So if you spot 3 typos, make sure you put them on seperate lines.
4) Somethings that might be viewed as a mistake are actually intentional, such as paintings 'changing' from panel to panel or a particular grammatical error in what somebody is saying. Submit whatever you think is an error, but just know that it might not make the official list.
5) ONLY ONE SUBMISSION! Make sure you grab all the mistakes you can right off the bat. I won't have time to add every correction to your list as you mail in the mistake you missed. So be thorough! Please don't send multiple entries through different e-mail addresses, either. If I find out you did, I'll have to throw out all your entries. It's just not fair to other readers to try and win multiple prizes, eh?
6) Only comics #1 - #220 will be in the book, so only errors on those comics will be accepted for the contest. (Errors for strips past 220 are appreciated, though! I should fix them as I fix the other comics anyway!)
7) Prizes will be determined by who spots the most errors. Ties will be determined by the order in which the entries were recieved. The prizes are as follows :
1st) A signed book, T-shirt, and a watercolored character of your choice.
2nd) A signed book, T-shirt, and a character sketch of your choice.
3rd ) A signed book and character sketch.
Entries must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title 'Filthy Lies Contest' in the subject line. Entries should have your e-mail included in the text of the message, as well as your name and a shipping address.
9) All entries must be recieved by Midnight June 30th. I'll announce the winner as soon as I can afterwards. (Depends on how many entries I get, now doesn't it?)
10) If you're related to me, you can't win. But you can still e-mail mistakes in an attempt to mock me until I cry.
11) If you're dating me, you can't win. But I will bake you cookies.
12) You can only win one prize. Didn't I say that above? You silly buggers!
Thanks! And good luck!
Thanks guys! You did a great job! I'm finishing compiling the list and should have winners announced by the end of the month... and hopefully I'll have the book finished then too! Then I need to print.... and ... uh... yah. It'll be awhile before you get the books, but they're coming!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest