Bonus Comic - Only on the COTC Forum

The ongoing story of Chelsea Chattan, a witch, who after a three year absence, returns to her hometown only to find out that things are not always what they seem.

Moderator: Jamie

Bonus Comic - Only on the COTC Forum

Postby Jamie on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:10 pm

Jamie
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ShardZ on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:48 pm

"The Queen of the Netherworld?"

Bravo, Jamie! The details on the eyelids of the first eye make it look almost demonic (I mean... especially demonic, since that coloration seems pretty standard in your work :) ). I almost expected to see a shot of the inky-black eyes as well, from when she crushed the fire-spider.
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby Crystalis on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:56 am

Ooooh, purdy.
-Proud to be a Sharply Shining Point!
-Schlurper of Newbies!
-OT Pope

Drink to the dead all you still alive,
we shall join them in good time.
Should you go crossing that silvery brook,
it's best to leap before you look.

Under Republicans, man exploits man. Under Democrats, it's just the reverse.
Crystalis
Keenspot Despot

Postby hswoolve on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:24 am

and that is both a scary concept, and a scary image.
hswoolve
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:50 am

What happens when you get a significant juicing up of your abilities? And then realize that you can use it to lay waste to almost anything you like? That's what Chels just went through.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ketira on Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:57 pm

Silver Adept wrote:What happens when you get a significant juicing up of your abilities? And then realize that you can use it to lay waste to almost anything you like? That's what Chels just went through.

And, like Chels, the human reaction is to be afraid of it. I remember that when my psychic Gifts awakened.... and realized what I could do to the World.

At first I was afraid, but I'm not now because I understand the responsibility that goes along with some of my Gifts. Chels hasn't gotten to that point.... yet. I think that once she has, she'll know how to use it. (And if you need a character who has said power and knows what to do with it, remember Lillith.)
Ketira
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tangent on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm

I know how you feel. I stopped doing weather magic after Ivan. If I did affect its course at all... then I'm responsible for what happened. If I didn't and just had multiple lucky guesses as to its path... then I have no reason to delude myself by pretending I can do such things.

Of course, I've realized that the Threefold Rule and the Wiccan Rede only work if you believe they work (and that magic itself is a matter of belief and mind-over-matter... and that disbelief can itself be a form of faith that can negate magic). If you work magic, there is only one thing that keeps you from using it to destroy. Yourself. You are responsible for your actions, and no cosmic force is going to smack you down if you misbehave (though dozens of Wiccans who believe you will be smacked for misbehaving might end up unconsciously working magic enough to enforce their own Threefold Rule upon you).

Ah, magical discussions. Love them to bits. :D

Jamie, that was a beautiful forums-only update :D
Robert A. Howard

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Silver Adept on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:07 am

Ketira wrote:
Silver Adept wrote:What happens when you get a significant juicing up of your abilities? And then realize that you can use it to lay waste to almost anything you like? That's what Chels just went through.

And, like Chels, the human reaction is to be afraid of it. I remember that when my psychic Gifts awakened.... and realized what I could do to the World.

At first I was afraid, but I'm not now because I understand the responsibility that goes along with some of my Gifts. Chels hasn't gotten to that point.... yet. I think that once she has, she'll know how to use it. (And if you need a character who has said power and knows what to do with it, remember Lillith.)

Chelsea will get through that, too - but she had a bit of a startling when she turned into the panther. She's finally getting to the point where she's comfortable with that, and then she undergoes an even bigger transformation. It'll take her a while to get used to all the implications of being quite possibly the most powerful being on this particular plane of existence, save the creator of the comic and any deities that might exist in CotC world. (And the deities may be a toss-up.)
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Clan of the Cats