When you look into Abbey Road, Abbey Road looks into you

The ongoing story of Chelsea Chattan, a witch, who after a three year absence, returns to her hometown only to find out that things are not always what they seem.

Moderator: Jamie

When you look into Abbey Road, Abbey Road looks into you

Postby Sidhekin on Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:18 am

It just occured to me ... Abbey Road runs through Camden and the City of Westminster, right? Right next to Chelsea.

So you could say Chelsea has been looking into the Abbey Road for a long time ...
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
Sidhekin
Keenspot Despot

Postby Faolainn on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:24 am

Geographically, Westminster is sandwiched by Camden and 'Kensington & Chelsea' so.. not a direct line of sight but I imagine if Chels' was in London for the weekend she'd likely hang out in Camden ;)
Comics I Read:
GPF
Clan of the Cats
Faolainn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jamie on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:19 pm

Another week and I'm going to declare this forum officially dead. ;)

Thanks to all those who post in the Catnips.

Jamie
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Marcos on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:15 pm

You just need to kill off the main character again. :D
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jamie on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:30 pm

Marcos wrote:You just need to kill off the main character again. :D

or I could kill everyone off and end it. I'm sure that would generate a good 5 minutes of buzz. ;)

Take care,

Jamie
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
NCWCCC

"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby HiFranc on Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:11 am

Jamie wrote:Another week and I'm going to declare this forum officially dead. ;)

We're all just holding our breath, waiting to see what happens next.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tangent on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:38 am

Tsk. Am I going to have to launch a "Save the CotC Forum" drive, Jamie? :D
Robert A. Howard

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ShardZ on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:15 am

Well, commentboards will attract more people... not sure why registering is such a hassle for some, unless they don't read any other Spot comics. *Shrug* But people do seem unsure about what to speculate on--a lot of the comments seem to simply be just that: "Love the comic!" and "Oooh, scary!" Just comments.

There are plenty of characters still in peril or of uncertain physical or mental state (Diane, Jacob, Van Helsing, Ben), and who knows what Lilith is really up to. But even with the prevalence of vampires and weres and illusion-generating vampiric warlocks... this is Jamie's universe, and too much is left unclear for there to be any real speculation. With some comics, forumites pass the time debating what could happen next, or simply extolling the minutia of art and storyline (or pointing out errors).

It's been said before that the CotC readers, possibly being mostly of an older generation, simply don't have the time to converse (or even compliment, as the case may be *Shrug* ). I guess we'll just have to get used to that fact. I suppose it's not so different from producing a print comic and having little contact with anyone besides the editor, publisher, etc. Except for the part about getting paid.

And yeah, I started posting on the commentboard because there was no one over here.

EDIT: But don't mind me. I'm just babbling. :)
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby HiFranc on Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:54 pm

ShardZ wrote:[...]

It's been said before that the CotC readers, possibly being mostly of an older generation, simply don't have the time to converse (or even compliment, as the case may be *Shrug* ).

I think you'll find that, becase we're older, we don't feel the need to comment unless something relatively dramatic, unexpected, important is happening in the comic. We've already discussed the implications of the current scene and, unlike younger readers, we don't see any point in going over the same things again and again. When Chelsea makes it out of Hell then there'll be new things to discuss but, for the time being, I, for one, am prepared to wait to see how she gets/is helped out.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ShardZ on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:43 pm

Yeah, I know. (The current scene? You mean Gustov, Drac and Lilith being revealed, Chelsea actually turning the tables, and whatever is happening in the final panel? Jamie said it had been tweaked a bit, and was indicative of something to come, but no one can seem to agree on what we're seeing. (That falls under the "conversation" stuff I was talking about. ;) ) )

But even you yourself were doggedly making a new post for each strip for a while there, even when no one was commenting (I think that was also back when the strip wasn't updating thrice-weekly, either).

I'm not saying it should be endless, mindless chatter. But I can have a 40-hour-a-week job and still enjoy the details in the comic--but anyone can have a different interpretation from my own (I would hope). I comment on the off-chance (in this fandom, anyway) that someone may voice their opinion to counter my own. *Shrug* First impressions (of an online community) are hard to break.

And because I'm too lazy to have read the comic through any more than twice, I miss a lot of details, or run across them by accident while trying to refresh my memory... "What the heck is going on, now?" "When did we see that guy last...? Oh, it was a year ago. No wonder I'd forgotten." "Hey, where did that thing go? Wasn't it there a second ago?" And I know I'm not the only one to either remember certain details, or be willing to trawl the archives to look for them. :P

Eh. A more silent fandom means Jamie has more time to himself.
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby Jamie on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:30 pm

ShardZ wrote:whatever is happening in the final panel? Jamie said it had been tweaked a bit, and was indicative of something to come, but no one can seem to agree on what we're seeing. (That falls under the "conversation" stuff I was talking about. ;) ) )

At that's exactly the reaction I wanted. :D

ShardZ wrote:
Eh. A more silent fandom means Jamie has more time to himself.

There lies part of the problem. I have plenty of that already.

I guess it would help if I was a little more interactive, but I'm not the pitchman I need to be for this line of work. "Chelsea's Court", the LJ Community was supposed to be a springboard for me to discuss the comic, but I can't help feeling it would be a bit too pretentious.

Good Night and Good Luck,

Jamie
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Silver Adept on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:23 am

Pretentiousness is due for you, Jamie - you're humble enough to be invisible.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tangent on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:24 am

It doesn't help that there are other more-active forums out there as well. So you end up wondering "what am I doing wrong?"

Heck, I usually get comments on the reviews I write when I talk about something contriversial. So I'm left with both trepidation and excitement when I find comments on the Tangents forum. I want to hear what people think of the review... but don't want to get into "drama" and arguments, especially as I tend to annoy people by trying to be accommodating. (Several people feel I should stand up for myself more.)

Jamie deserves a lot of commentary and praise for his comic. I honestly don't know why he doesn't get more, other than the fact the forums have a critical mass at which point you get a lot of commentary... and the health-related hiatuses may have caused some of the Forum Cats to stop posting here.
Robert A. Howard

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Faolainn on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:46 am

Heck I'm always here I just curl up quiet in the corner. Actually over 100 posts in 4-odd years aint bad for me for a forum ;)

I'm still curious as to what happened in that last panel there with Gustov (11 Nov) but I'm a patient woman..
Comics I Read:
GPF
Clan of the Cats
Faolainn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MadKat on Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:36 am

This forum is about as active as several others belonging to web strips that I read...The only exception being CRFH, but I can't make out what the people there are talking about half the time, anyway. ;)

(I've just gotten back to reading COTC after losing track of it for a few months...amazing plot developments in the meantime! I'm frustrated now because I'm caught up and want to know what happens next. )
Everything in Excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks. - L. Long
MadKat
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Clan of the Cats