Resisting Dracula (30th Sept)

The ongoing story of Chelsea Chattan, a witch, who after a three year absence, returns to her hometown only to find out that things are not always what they seem.

Moderator: Jamie

Resisting Dracula (30th Sept)

Postby HiFranc on Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:19 am

Chelsea could have resisted? I suspect the battle she was fighting was different... I think she was trying to make sure Dracula was killed when she was.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ShardZ on Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:49 am

It's sounding more like what we're seeing isn't reality. Like Chelsea's in a dream, and they're experiencing it. Or something... suddenly wearing a "real" nightgown, whether Drac put it on her or not, seems weird even for Jamie's brand of magic. It's like we're being shown all the cards, but haven't been told what game we're playing.

But that's just another type of suspense, isn't it? ;)

Of course, I'm still wondering where the blood from her wound went two pages ago, but that might be like wondering where Diane's bandage went ages ago. *Shrug*

It still seems suspicious that she'd just give up (and by her own admittance) when her family, and the whole world, is in peril. It doesn't seem like Mel did enough to really kill Dracula, unless her weaknesses were somehow transferred to his soul.

Ben's tear, through all the bravado, is a nice touch. :)
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby Silver Adept on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:37 am

As today's comic tells us, things are still not at all what they appear to be. The difficulty with making assumptions about on'es surroundings to cope is that if those assumptions turn out to be wrong, the roller-coaster ride continues...
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby HiFranc on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:03 pm

I still think I was right about Chelsea's plan.[1] Yes, there's more to it than that but... :-)

[1] To quote today's comic "Dracula's dead. Mission accomplished,..."
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Sage Blackthorn on Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:20 am

HiFranc wrote:I still think I was right about Chelsea's plan.[1] Yes, there's more to it than that but... :-)

[1] To quote today's comic "Dracula's dead. Mission accomplished,..."

I forget where I heard it, but a wise old man once said "The only 'hells' in this life are in our own hearts, where all the true battles must be fought." I thought of that at I read the last strip.

And I don't believe Dracula is actually dead either. Don't forget he's not a normal vampire. In a sense, he turned himself into one, based on his strong belief that he'd been cursed by God. Though Mel' destroyed his body, his soul jumped into Chelsea's body. With Chelsea's body dead (or apparently so), Draculas soul would've simply left it as a broken shell. But his curse, his belief in his curse, that which created him, will not end until he believes it. And that, I think, will only happen when he comes to understand that God did not curse him to be a vampire, HE cursed himself. I think Dracula's soul, his essence, merely drifts in the void, awaiting a new body or recepticle to inhabit. Besides, you know the rules. He can't die 'til the grosses at the box off go down :D

Of course the continuity errors could be a clue that none of this is real, that it's a glamour, an illusion. Like Deus Lupus's "God-Wolf" appearance. Or it could just be continuity errors, although coming to COTC rather late I HAVE read the whole story up to now in pretty short time and I don't remember Jamie making any blatant continuity errors like that before.

Sage
"Sometimes, the way you THINK it is, isn't the way it really is at all." --St. Orin--

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." --Yoda--

"If the world is to be saved, it will not be saved by old minds with new programs. If the world is to be saved, it will be saved by new minds and no programs at all." "No paradigm is ever able to imagine the next one. "--Daniel Quinn, The Story of B--
Sage Blackthorn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ShardZ on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:04 am

Sage Blackthorn wrote:Of course the continuity errors could be a clue that none of this is real, that it's a glamour, an illusion.

Continuity errors... was that in response to what I said? To my mind it was partly the former possibility, there, and partly me being a detail-obsessed jerk. :nervous:

For the most part, you should take all of my nitpickings with a grain of salt. ;)

But, it does seem, now, that things are not what they seem. (How long they've been that way is another question. :) )
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Return to Clan of the Cats