At long last, the CotC CD Review (better late than never?)

The ongoing story of Chelsea Chattan, a witch, who after a three year absence, returns to her hometown only to find out that things are not always what they seem.

Moderator: Jamie

At long last, the CotC CD Review (better late than never?)

Postby Tangent on Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:33 pm

Not computer hard drive corruption or lack of internet or intense writers block can stop this reviewer from coming through! Though it can delay him a bit... *sweatdrops*

Sorry it took so long coming out, Jamie. Fortunately, I've gotten FTP protocols working (finally), and installed on my stick memory so I've a mobile FTP station. ;) Needing just a willing computer with internet. :)

Sadly, I'm on dial-up here. Hopefully the University computers will be more willing to do what I need once I start taking classes in a week or so...

The review can be found here: http://tangent.panel2panel.com/tan-ch-0364.html

Let me know if I got anything wrong, I'll be sure to correct it. :)

Rob H.
Robert A. Howard

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jamie on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:56 am

Thanks, Tangents, great review. I sent you an e-mail w/ a couple of minor concerns, but for the most part everything is cool. I appreciate you doing this very much.

Take care,

Jamie
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Silver Adept on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:31 am

Heh. Ingrained habit, Jamie, but I started making a list of corrections as I was browsing the CD. Then, I decided against doing so, as it would be a pain for them to be corrected. Besides, since you're supposed to have sold thousands, nay, millions of such things, it wouldn't work anyway.

The CD is superb material. Although I'm not sure I've found all the places that the Easter Bunny left an egg.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jamie on Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:07 pm

Silver Adept wrote:Heh. Ingrained habit, Jamie, but I started making a list of corrections as I was browsing the CD. Then, I decided against doing so, as it would be a pain for them to be corrected. Besides, since you're supposed to have sold thousands, nay, millions of such things, it wouldn't work anyway.

The CD is superb material. Although I'm not sure I've found all the places that the Easter Bunny left an egg.

I actually caught quite many errors and some were caught for me, so some of the big ones have been dealt with. As far as selling millions, hardly. I have sold only 30 CDs to date.

As for Easter Eggs, well there is one which says "click me". The other two are rather difficult. I may post them on Chelsea's Court at some time.

Take care,

Jamie
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
NCWCCC

"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Silver Adept on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:52 am

No worries. Even after I find them, I'll still have plenty to come back to on the CD afterward. The additional content is great stuff.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Steltek on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:13 am

Does the CD come in a box or an envelope? I ask because, embarassing as it is, I live with people who aren't particularly comfortable with Wiccan symbols and things, so a custom envelope covered in cats and pentacles would raise some eyebrows 'round here. :)
Steltek
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jamie on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:22 am

Steltek wrote:Does the CD come in a box or an envelope? I ask because, embarassing as it is, I live with people who aren't particularly comfortable with Wiccan symbols and things, so a custom envelope covered in cats and pentacles would raise some eyebrows 'round here. :)

No. It comes in a plain envelpoe or whatever envelope I can find. There are is a cat, Sebo and cat's eyes on the CD and the CD sleeve, but nothing Wiccan or Pagan.

Take care,

Jamie
Clan of the Cats
NCWCCC

Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Faolainn on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:06 am

My CD arrived this week & really I haven't looked at 5% yet, but it was worth every penny just for that 5%. Not found the easter eggs yet but I'm a ruthless hunter when it comes to goodies :evilgrin:

I particularly loved the banner tutorial & insight into how the strips are turned from black and white drawings into full colour strips - I never guessed it would be so technical. Its made me appreciate just how much work DOES go in to each strip of the comic.
Comics I Read:
GPF
Clan of the Cats
Faolainn
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Clan of the Cats