Why? (17th July)

The ongoing story of Chelsea Chattan, a witch, who after a three year absence, returns to her hometown only to find out that things are not always what they seem.

Moderator: Jamie

Why? (17th July)

Postby HiFranc on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:49 am

Why is Dracula spelling out Chelsea's name in blood? Is it to honour her? Insult her? Hurt her? All of the above?
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby crimso on Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:31 am

Make her go mad and "use her darkness."
crimso
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Murray M. Lee on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:51 am

With all those scenes all over the place, it does make things confusing.

Looks like someone's paying the dead fire wizard his respects.

No telling how much of a fight that town put up, as there are a few more guns in the USA than London. I imagine a few went down fighting.

Not sure what's going on at the bottom.
Murray
A Writer's Block
- Science Fiction stories, jokes, and art
USS Freedom
The Misadventures of the wackiest ship in Starfleet (in hiatus)
Murray M. Lee
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby HiFranc on Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:31 am

Murray M. Lee wrote:[...]

Not sure what's going on at the bottom.

It looks like a family are seeking sanctuary at Timon's place. I'm interested to know who the family are? And why are they important to the plot? However, I'm sure Jamie will tell us in due course.
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ShardZ on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:43 pm

And now we know. I remembered Jeremy as the were-boar, but couldn't guess who the young woman, Amber, was (possibly the morph who attacked Dracula for killing her family 500 years ago?).

And of course, I had completely forgotten about the Sabine pup (does he look older?) and the fact that Timon was supposed to be dead. :oops:

Is it just me, or is it kind of eerie to have the comic updating regularly again? So many questions, so little time to ponder them...
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby HiFranc on Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:51 am

ShardZ wrote:And now we know. I remembered Jeremy as the were-boar, but couldn't guess who the young woman, Amber, was (possibly the morph who attacked Dracula for killing her family 500 years ago?).

My memory's not that good so I can't comment.

[quot]And of course, I had completely forgotten about the Sabine pup (does he look older?) and the fact that Timon was supposed to be dead. :oops:[/quote]

Look at panels 5 and 6.

Is it just me, or is it kind of eerie to have the comic updating regularly again? So many questions, so little time to ponder them...

I find it heartening as it means Jamie is feeling better.
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Crystalis on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:43 am

HiFranc wrote:I find it heartening as it means Jamie is feeling better.

Agreed. :)
-Proud to be a Sharply Shining Point!
-Schlurper of Newbies!
-OT Pope

Drink to the dead all you still alive,
we shall join them in good time.
Should you go crossing that silvery brook,
it's best to leap before you look.

Under Republicans, man exploits man. Under Democrats, it's just the reverse.
Crystalis
Keenspot Despot

Postby ShardZ on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:06 am

Well, I never said it was a bad thing. ;) It's just giving me a bit of euphoria now, since most of the comics I look forward to update weekly, and my favorite has been updating monthly as of late (could be returning to weekly soon, but I'd settle for every two weeks, even :D).

And panels five and six? It seems like Lilith saying "Everything is going to change" could relate to just about anything (or everything). And even if she is resurrecting Jacob (yay!) the hand and clothing seemed less-than-feminine--more like Gustov's than anyone else's (though I wouldn't expect it to be him). Regardless, it was Akemi who healed Timon in the nick of time...

I'll look for the comic with my suspected-Amber later. Something about that one just stuck in my mind, I suppose.
ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jamie on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:43 am

ShardZ wrote:

Unfortunately those updates didn't last long. I was going to start working on a page yeasterday when the reality of Trinoc*con hit me. I'm in chyarge of the comics at this con. I had so much to do in a very short time. I know that I am going to be dead tired when I get back, so the next update will be Friday, July 28th. Sorry guys. I will work on the comic a little today.

Take care,

Jamie
Jamie, KCI in the Order of the Knights of Jubal
Probi Immotiqve Este: Be virtuous and cool. PIQE.
Clan of the Cats
Melpomene: The Chaos Orb: An online graphic novel by Jamie Robertson and Clint Hollingsworth
Sebo: A weekly webcomic about a girl and her cat.
NCWCCC

"I don't believe in atheism." - Hawkeye Pierce M*A*S*H*
"Some times the Magic works. Some times it doesn't." - Cheif Dan George Little Big Man
Jamie
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby HiFranc on Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:17 am

Jamie wrote:
ShardZ wrote:

Unfortunately those updates didn't last long. I was going to start working on a page yeasterday when the reality of Trinoc*con hit me. I'm in chyarge of the comics at this con. I had so much to do in a very short time. I know that I am going to be dead tired when I get back, so the next update will be Friday, July 28th. Sorry guys. I will work on the comic a little today.

Take the time you need.

I hope Tinoc*con works out well.
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ShardZ on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:48 pm

Congratulations and good luck, Jamie! And indeed, take all the time you need!

Oh, and if anyone cares, here's the comic I was thinking of, with Jeremy and, apparently, Amber (the previous comics give a bit more background for Jeremy). You can even see the ankh tattoo on her forehead! Great work, Jamie! :) Here's the Sabina pup (last panel) just before Dracula showed up. Maybe you can see why I thought he looks older now.

And out of respect for Keenspot's adview-based business model, I didn't use a single "weekly" viewing to find those. :D Whew! It's hard to believe all that took place only a matter of days ago...
ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Clan of the Cats