Arguments all around... (5-26-06)

The ongoing story of Chelsea Chattan, a witch, who after a three year absence, returns to her hometown only to find out that things are not always what they seem.

Moderator: Jamie

Arguments all around... (5-26-06)

Postby Shego2Drakken on Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:43 am

Geez, I wonder why no one made a post for this already.

Looks like there's some skepticism amongst the ranks of the new arrivals, something Chelsea isn't too pleased with, all things considered.

And it does seem like Sebo knows something. Dracula trying to give Diane his blood, perhaps?
Sally: You know we never take the Big Giant Head seriously. He's always trying to nickel and dime us.
Harry: Yeah, once, he tried to sell me snow chains for my feet.
Shego2Drakken
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ShardZ on Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:08 pm

I was very close to finally doing it myself, but I'm better at posing questions for the updates rather than concise observations... plus, I'm still pretty much a newbie. :)

At first, I thought Corrine was implying that Harris isn't his real name, or that he had used a fake name with her in the past. However, it apparently is his real name, and the one he gave in their first encounter, and it was also the name Chelsea and Raven knew him by. Is Corrine just being her usual skeptical self, (evidenced nicely by her last line)?

Also, I can't believe Agent Sarah is being such a jerk. Maybe the truth about Chelsea's more "public" escapades hasn't made much of an impact?

It does seem that Sebo is going on more than instinct regarding Dracula's nature and plan. Did he peek into the past beforehand? Some sort of psychic connection seems unlikely... And, considering that a good number of their little party has reason to fly into a rage because of what Dracula's done to their family members/close friends... I doubt Sebo's caveat will be terribly helpful. :D
In order to clearly see what is in the shadows, you must first enter them.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: The haunts of grues, lucksuckers and eldritch vapors.

Postby Silver Adept on Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:38 am

Remember that Sebo is a long-lived cat, excepting for the occasions where he is killed by something and has to regenerate (one might wonder whether he is a Time Lord coming from that angle) with the ability to look into the past - he's probably already done his research.

Harris and Sarah represent an organization, which may turn out to have different goals or aims than Chelsea or Corrine, and they may be more willing to cut and run if things get untenable. Professionals they may all be, but they're going to have different knowledge and ideas of what to do - which will create conflict until all of that gets settled out.

With Vlad, though, all the conflict had better get settled out before they go anywhere. It'll be hard enough to stop him, much less do so while dealing with latent hostility.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ShardZ on Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:43 pm

Silver Adept wrote:Remember that Sebo is a long-lived cat, excepting for the occasions where he is killed by something and has to regenerate (one might wonder whether he is a Time Lord coming from that angle) with the ability to look into the past - he's probably already done his research.

*Snerk* Perhaps he only gets a total of nine lives instead of twelve?

Silver Adept wrote:With Vlad, though, all the conflict had better get settled out before they go anywhere. It'll be hard enough to stop him, much less do so while dealing with latent hostility.

And they still have to get the fragment of the true cross. Is this little show supposed to get everyone on track regarding their purpose? I can see how some (namely Ben, and possibly Paul) could become so distracted at Diane and Cynthia's current situation as to lose focus. Will they even find out that Dracula is still out there, attacking innocents?

Hmmm... any guesses as to where Dracula will strike next? There is a Katherine Town in Northern Territory, Australia, and a Kate Town, in Liberia... or he could stay on the North American continent and go to someplace like Katherine, Arizona...

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Shego2Drakken on Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:54 pm

ShardZ wrote:Also, I can't believe Agent Sarah is being such a jerk. Maybe the truth about Chelsea's more "public" escapades hasn't made much of an impact?

Though Chelsea's reaction is really justified if you consider what she's been through. To date (in this storyline):

*Accused of a crime she was framed for.
*Was interrogated by a were-spider (considering her phobia...)
*Had her mother abducted and bitten by Dracula
*Had her boyfriend abducted and nearly sucked into some form of Hell
*Was nearly raped by same boyfriend-napper
*Been almost dead
*Been betrayed by Wald
*Had her mother and half-sister abducted by Dracula
*Had her mentor accidentally killed by her sister, though she doesn't realize what had happened yet

Did I miss anything?
Sally: You know we never take the Big Giant Head seriously. He's always trying to nickel and dime us.
Harry: Yeah, once, he tried to sell me snow chains for my feet.
Shego2Drakken
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ShardZ on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:11 pm

Shego2Drakken wrote:Did I miss anything?

If we're just counting what Gustov, Dracula and their cronies have done to her... it looks like her grandmother's house is pretty much ruined. It's not like they can live their lives from Mel's place in London (spacious though it is).

But considering Chelsea's power (which Harris can vouch for), and how easily she can fly off the handle as the curse grows stronger (Harris can also vouch for Mel's personality), should Agent Sara's sneering face really be that close to Chelsea? :roll: A jerk and a fool. And technically, the current "hubbub" is about Dracula, who gave a far more public demonstration of power.

*Sigh* See what your writing is making me do, Jamie? I'm just itching for our illustrious agent to get obliterated, or at least shut up, by any number of means.

ShardZ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Clan of the Cats