Unrelated question...

Come for the Danger. Stay for the Skirting. It's all here in this highly self-explanatory forum!

Moderator: Kiwi

Unrelated question...

Postby AwakeAndAlive1 on Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:11 pm

Ok. I'm sure I'll be hung, drawn and quartered for this, but I have to ask it anyway.

When and why did Largo leave Megatokyo? I was out of the country for a period of 2-3 years so I'm completely ignorant. I'd ask this in Megatokyo forum, but frankly the people there frighten me.

Also, I hope Meredith gets better.
"It is for exactly this reason that I detest forums of all kinds. They bring human nature into such stark relief that it can be difficult to bear.
AwakeAndAlive1
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Floyd on Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:48 pm

When I used to read MT on a regular basis, I seem to recall that Rodney posted a note in his rant section that he was getting married. While I don't think that this was the specific reason for his leaving the project, I kind of think that he grew up a bit and figured out that he wouldn't be putting much bread on the table as a web comic writer.

There were other reasons that are now lost to my memory.
Floyd
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AwakeAndAlive1 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:33 pm

I was just flipping through the MT archives and i found out what Piro's take on the split was.

Apparently, Piro told Largo that he wanted to handle both the writing and the art. He wanted to pursue a solo-career. Largo had wanted the strip to be more humour and gamer-based (a la Penny-Arcade), wheras Piro wanted to pursue his sick, sick fascination with shoujou manga (or however you spell it). They'd clashed many times and I guess the differences were just irreconcilable. So Largo bowed out, and Piro took the helm.

*sniffle* I miss Largo.

Skirting Danger will have to comfort me.
"It is for exactly this reason that I detest forums of all kinds. They bring human nature into such stark relief that it can be difficult to bear.
AwakeAndAlive1
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Skirting Danger