Was it justified?

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Was it justified?

Postby Reg DeCurry on Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:40 am

Damn straight it was!
I have never seen a giraffe shot out of a cannon through a maternity ward into a bowl of chili. But I oh so desperately want to.

Avatar drawn by Darkshive, colorized by unlucky_days, and animated by xyzzy_n.[/size]
Reg DeCurry
Keenspot Despot

Postby BlindHamster on Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:29 am

Nothing in the world could be more justified.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I'm Jesus and you aren't.

[url=http://www.geocities.com/chinsareforlosers/]CAFL:
Updates are now on M-W-F![/url]
BlindHamster
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Freemage on Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:58 pm

Justified? Hell, screaming at Batman and Robin was mandatory if you wanted to keep your fanluv credentials.

My only movie-related public outburst (well, other than the D&D movie, but then I was travelling with a pack, and we just MST3K'd that sucker right in the theater) was not actually during the movie.

You all see Mulan? Great film. Did a wonderful job of breaking Disney's 'dependent female syndrome'. Sure, she ends up getting married--but only after kicking ass and taking names, and pretty much deciding this is a guy she wants, instead of being a hothouse flower that settles for the first Prince Charming to come along.

I was positively delighted when I saw Mulan. Even the Disney elements (such as Eddie Murphy as Mushu) didn't bug me too much.

Then the then-gf and I swung through the Disney Store as we walked through the mall.

And on shelf after shelf, there was exactly one toy--Bridal Mulan. Yeah. She was in that freakin' powder-and-rouge for maybe ten minutes of screen time, and even that was roundly mocked as archaic and insulting... and that's what little girls were being told they should aspire to.

Meanwhile, the plastic sword? That had the Prince's name on it.

It took fifteen minutes for the then-gf to drag me from the store, still shouting condemnations at Disney's product division.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby bloodeye on Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:33 pm

The batman and robin movies.... yeah, someone needs to suffer for that... besides the audience, I mean.

For Catwoman.... tend to try and view it as a stand alone... sorta like Hilander 2. Strictly unto itself, was a fairly decent movie. Not great, but pretty good. Only when compared to what came before does it start to suck.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby TheAuldGrump on Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:02 pm

Oh come on! Think of the good things about Batman and Robin - there's, umm, well...ummm

Nah, I got nothin'...

Ah, wait! It was the only one with George Clooney! (And thank the gods for that.)

The Auld Grump, Rosemary Clooney might have been better...
TheAuldGrump
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Queen of Wands