Kestrel's joined the cast of Something Positive?

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Kestrel's joined the cast of Something Positive?

Postby Pggmilltn on Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:50 am

Please visit my website at http://www.paulggmilltn.deviantart.com
Pggmilltn
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:05 am

Oh well that's relieving, she looked pretty dead after this one.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Pggmilltn on Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:36 am

It's as if this is the year that Randy toys with S*P fans' hearts as if they were mice and he were a cat.
Please visit my website at http://www.paulggmilltn.deviantart.com
Pggmilltn
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ethariel on Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:40 am

All I can say is that this left me very... very disappointed.

I mean you have NO IDEA how much I laughed my ass off with that "Whump" last time, and laughed some more with all the "Oh NOES!!111" going on in here, or the little denials like "It didn't happen. It didn't happen. In my mind, Kestrel's still driving down that road towards a better future".

I mean, as glad as I am to see her around a bit more, and by jove I do look forward to some great S*P coming up, this has left a hole in that dark mass that had replaced my soul years ago.
Ethariel
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:37 am

I think the strip where she gets hit was done because Randy didn't want to have to answer questions about Kestrel joining the comic (or getting tired of the emails asking it). That or it was a way of saying goodbye to Aeire's comic, in his own way. Either way, it was a clear message to Kestrel's fans that he wasn't obligated to take her in the comic, and he was completely right.

Now whether or not he changed his mind about it is his own decision, I think. I'm not disappointed, it's a twist, or maybe even just a wink to Aeire. Whatever it is, it's certainly not meant to be a big deal.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bloodeye on Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:01 am

Maybe it's an entirely diffrent Kestrel... who just happens to have a few similarities?

Perhaps this is after months of recovery and reconstructive surgery? Would give an excuse for massive amnesia, and thus justify any 'mistakes' in referance to her past.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby Danalog on Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:32 am

well, she does still have a bandage around her head...
Danalog
Junior Keenspotter

Postby svenman on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:40 am

bloodeye wrote:Maybe it's an entirely diffrent Kestrel... who just happens to have a few similarities?

The cast page that Pggmilltn referenced explicitly states that she is the Kestrel from QOW.
svenman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Freemage on Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:45 pm

Furthermore, note that in the footnotes to the new comic, Randy includes Aerie in the copyright info. Dat be serious legal mojo, mon.

Er, anyway.... What I'd like to know is if this is meant to be a permanent addition and if so, if Aerie is planning on occasionally co-writing (read the notes for the second cross-over series on the QoW replay; Aerie said quite specifically that she handled all of Kestrel's dialogue, and Randy wrote Davan's).

I've also seen some possible alternatives:

1> Kestrel's appearance is temporary, and being handled by Aerie.
2> Kestrel's appearance is long-term, but she will now be written full-time by Randy.
3> Randy, pussycat that he is, is using his comic to announce a new Aerie-written Kestrel comic.

The truth is probably something painfully obvious that I haven't even considered yet.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby HiFranc on Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:24 pm

Freemage wrote:[...]

I've also seen some possible alternatives:

1> Kestrel's appearance is temporary, and being handled by Aerie.
2> Kestrel's appearance is long-term, but she will now be written full-time by Randy.
3> Randy, pussycat that he is, is using his comic to announce a new Aerie-written Kestrel comic.

The truth is probably something painfully obvious that I haven't even considered yet.

I think it's more likely to be Randy is writing all of it with advice from Aeire.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drooling Iguana on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:35 pm

KESTREL LIVES!!!!!!!1111!!!!eleventy-one!~!!

And that's all I have to say about that.
I used to think I was a child; now I think I am an adult -- not because I no longer do childish things, but because those I call adults are no more mature than I am.
Drooling Iguana
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Eyeless Blond on Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:17 pm

bloodeye wrote:Maybe it's an entirely diffrent Kestrel... who just happens to have a few similarities?

Perhaps this is after months of recovery and reconstructive surgery? Would give an excuse for massive amnesia, and thus justify any 'mistakes' in referance to her past.

As pointed out on the LJ community, that is an awfully colorful and upbeat shirt Kestrel's wearing. There's some speculation that she may have gone a little funny in the head.
Eyeless Blond
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby HiFranc on Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:33 am

Danalog wrote:well, she does still have a bandage around her head...

Looking at it closely it looks more like one of those absorbant bands that joggers wear.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby General Fuzzy McBitty on Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:54 am

I think it is a bandage. I also think she's talking about the car when she say "You get used to it" (Big shocks out of nowhere.)
General Fuzzy McBitty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby General Fuzzy McBitty on Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:37 pm

Yeah.... todays SP seems to confirm my last post. Yay, me... :roll:
General Fuzzy McBitty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ethariel on Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:54 pm

Hopefully Randy will kill her off again soon.

That brought so much joy to my heart.
Ethariel
Junior Keenspotter

Postby nperry on Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:13 am

*WHUMP!*
nperry
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ZotKitty on Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:46 am

In case anyone hasn't seen: http://www.livejournal.com/community/qow/329960.html is an explanation of KeS*Ptrel. I found it illuminating - not that I thought for a minute Randy Milholland was taking Kestrel without permission, but I was wondering to what extent Aeire was collaborating with him on his writing of her. This explains that. :-D Explanations, whatever their conclusion may be, make ZotKitty happy. :)
ZotKitty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TMechanic on Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:04 am

But if Kestrel is on S*P how will Quenn of Wands continue?
TMechanic
Junior Keenspotter

Postby bloodeye on Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:12 am

..........it won't? You are aware the strip ended some time ago, and this is all reruns, right?
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Return to Queen of Wands