Ah, the customer is always... a frikkin' moron.

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Ah, the customer is always... a frikkin' moron.

Postby Freemage on Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:42 pm

I gotta say, I love the three strips in this sequence. My personal favorite is the last one; I work at a newspaper, and occasionally have to fill in on the phones. We get calls like this all the time.

"[Name of paper] Editorial. How may I help you?"
[Speaker has a British accent.] "I know you know who I am and where I'm calling from, and I just want you to tell you know who that I called. She'll know why."

I always wanted to reply, "I'm sorry sir, but since our phones haven't been updated since the Reagan administration, you have a better chance of figuring out my name than I do of guessing yours."
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby bloodeye on Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:12 am

Now that's not fully true... it isn't ALWAYS the customer that's an idiot.... see the strips about trips to Circut City... or Best Buy.. or wherever it was.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby NaharaVensar on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:49 pm

Yeah the next time I hear. "Oh you don't want that, that's a violent game sweet heart." I think I'm going to do some not very legal.
I am my mother's true heir, I know things I should not, I remember things that never existed in my world. There is one thing I am lacking...I haven't much of a temper

Varli of the Vensari, The Great Bard and Prophet
My Stories.
NaharaVensar
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bloodeye on Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:16 pm

One the one hand, want to encourge you, because I think it's deserved...

On the other hand, does sorta fit the 'violent games make violent people' profile and make more of a fuss...

On the other, other hand (I have as many hands as I want, when debating points), you wouldn't actually have the game, you'd have been trying to get the game... thus supporting the mindset that violent games act as an outlet for violence...
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby NaharaVensar on Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:54 pm

Hmm...you bring up some good points.

"Yes I need to blow up people in a virtual setting so I don't blow up people in the real world." :D
I am my mother's true heir, I know things I should not, I remember things that never existed in my world. There is one thing I am lacking...I haven't much of a temper

My Stories.
NaharaVensar
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DarthGroznii on Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:48 pm

Perhaps you all ought to meet FPS Doug
You underestimate the power of the Dark Side - www.sithorder.com
DarthGroznii
Junior Keenspotter

Postby NaharaVensar on Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:24 am

Though I think its important to note that I loathe playing first person shooters. In fact, I can't play them for more than 15 mins. If I can't shut it off I literally just walk away. I kid you not. :o

But I play other violent games so it evens in out in my instable mind quite well I think.

My Stories.
NaharaVensar
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dynamo on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:09 am

NaharaVensar wrote:Though I think its important to note that I loathe playing first person shooters. [...]

I don't care for FPS games either, but my wife loves 'em. She not in for the challenge or anything, she just wants to shoot stuff. I put her in god mode and she's happy for a few hours of valuable stress relief.

I've offered to modify an old installation of Doom with pictures of her coworkers. She always says no, but the thought seems to make her grin a little more evil, and I'd swear she bangs the fire button harder.
-Dynamo
Magnus Melior Celeris Amplius
Dynamo
Junior Keenspotter

Postby NaharaVensar on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:45 am

That's a tad creepy but in a totally good way. Of course I do have something in common with FPS Doug. On Fable I was a master archer and used to zoom in and shoot my arrow followed by, "Zing Headshot Bitch." So...I suppose I'm not totally in the clear either.

My Stories.
NaharaVensar
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Queen of Wands