Cinema seats (partially OT) 31st Oct strip

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Cinema seats (partially OT) 31st Oct strip

Postby HiFranc on Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:30 pm

I prefer to watch movies at home on DVD[1] You can choose what time you watch, pause the film if you need the toilet, it's cheaper and I don't know if Aeire is accurate when she says that you cinema seats are painful after 3 hours.[2] :-)

[1] I know most film fans would say that that's a heretical thought. ;-)
[2] Of course, even if they are so mis-designed, that may just be in America?
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby bloodeye on Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:10 pm

Tend to agree, DVDs are better, with three exceptions. 1) films come out in teh theater first. If you want to see a movie *NOW*, theater is the only way to go. 2) $2 theater. Two bucks to see a film is cheap enough to be worth it, though at the moment seeing something at the cheap theater means a two hour drive each way. 3) Rocky Horror Picture Show.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby HiFranc on Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:19 pm

bloodeye wrote:Tend to agree, DVDs are better, with three exceptions. 1) films come out in teh theater first. If you want to see a movie *NOW*, theater is the only way to go.

I'm very paitent. ;-)

2) $2 theater. Two bucks to see a film is cheap enough to be worth it, though at the moment seeing something at the cheap theater means a two hour drive each way.

The closest equivalent we have here are that one company does a 2-for-1 offer if you view a Wednesday matinee if you book it through a particular mobile phone operator, another company, which is no longer in Newcastle, gives discounts on Mondays, etc.

3) Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I never really got into it. ;-)
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby NaharaVensar on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:15 pm

I'm not a big movie goer, but I'm not a fan of DVDs either.

I've never had a problem sitting through like 3 hour movie, being uncomfortable taking care of issues, or whatever. In fact, though it was on DVD I watched all three special editions of Lord of the Rings, only getting up to change the DVD.

Though really I'd just like to sit down and read a book. Though I do agree the Lord of the Rings the series was sort of dull reading. *Knows this may mean flaming* Also why I don't read Robert Jordan either.
I am my mother's true heir, I know things I should not, I remember things that never existed in my world. There is one thing I am lacking...I haven't much of a temper

Varli of the Vensari, The Great Bard and Prophet
My Stories.
NaharaVensar
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bloodeye on Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:49 pm

Admit both have a style that takes some getting used to. But once you get into the story, the way it's written sorta fades to an unimportant level. Though are a few times where get frustrated and just skim ahead until things start happening again.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Return to Queen of Wands