Wine vs. Kool-aid

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Wine vs. Kool-aid

Postby Freemage on Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:55 pm

Of course, if Kestral had been raised in some branches of the Baptist or Methodist churches, she probably would've been watching people drink grape juice or even Kool-Aid. Always threw me, a good Episcopalian kid (think Catholics without the Pope) to get into the Communion line at my grandparents' Baptist church and get grape juice.

Of course, I also was an altar boy. You haven't lived until you've gotten a close-up on the day the priest seriously overestimated the number of communicants and had to finish off a chalice-and-a-half of the rather heady communion wine by himself. (Once sanctified, the bread and wine MUST be consumed.) It was all I could do to not start chanting, "Chug, chug, chug!"
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ambystoma4 on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:13 pm

Wine

You never know what is in the Kool-Aid.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby bloodeye on Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:46 am

Given that Kool-aid stop using organic ingrediants years ago, probally best not knowing what's in it.

Heard of a group that would do communion with pepsi and pizza. Idea was that way back when the whole thing started, wine and bread were what you ate at every meal, and thus at every meal, were baiscly holding communion. Well, in this day and age, we don't have wine and bread at every meal. But pepsi and pizza come fairly close. Thus, were supposed to remember the communion every time you ate pizza or drank pepsi.

Intresting idea, I suppose, but personally would have to go with Mountain Dew and corn chips.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:34 am

That seems a little bit ordinary; I like a little bit of theatrics in a religion.

I will vote for Margaritas and Tamales though.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Return to Queen of Wands