Am I the only one disgusted ?

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

What did you think of Kestrel after that ?

I was happy for her
34%
Im ok with it as its her choice
59%
I lost respect for her
3%
She disgusted me
3%

Total votes : 29

Am I the only one disgusted ?

Postby Avalon on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:33 pm

Seriously
am I the only one that was disgusted by Kestrel in the latest rerun ?
originally http://www.queenofwands.net/d/20030908.html
I know a girl EXACTLY like her (probably styles herself after Kestrel) except I thought Kestrel was a much better version of her except they have done the exact same thing now.
they both met a guy and on the first DAY slept with them
Now I know where my "friend" got it from
btw shes the one that got me into reading QoW
No offence to the creator but im truly disappointed that Kestrel is now just a disgusting slut and dont think ill bother reading anymore now that I know what sort of person shes like and truly I just expected better
Avalon
Junior Keenspotter

Postby bloodeye on Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:41 am

...no promises, but I'm leaning towards 'Yes, you're the only one.'

Firstly, we don't know the full details of the situation, just a few brief snapshots.

Secondly, one event does not a trend make. Now, if she has sex on the first date with the next five guys she meets, okay, yes, that's fair justification to call someone a slut, if there is ever such a time. But one instance isn't.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Other considerations

Postby HiFranc on Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:17 pm

Bear in mind that, even from the little that we did see, we could see that they both thought the same way. That is why I was happy for her -- it seemed that she finally found someone on her wavelength which was a good start and she would see that too.

As to the speed -- she is on the rebound and that does make peoples' judgement (especially as there's an emotional hole to fill) a little less than ideal so you can't blame her for rushing things.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby communist trees on Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:58 pm

Also recall that since Kestrel is based heavily on Aerie hereself, this could easily be perceived as an insult to Aerie as well. Just sayin'...

Yeah, rebound relationships usually involve people making stupid decisions which would otherwise be alien to them. I wouldn't say it disgusts me, because it was Kestrel's choice and because of the possible impaired judgement, but that was a slutty course of action. Though it lead to some great art, so it all worked out in the end, I guess.
Oh no! My avatar got eaten... *sigh* R.I.P., avatar...
communist trees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Am I the only one disgusted ?

Postby Aeire on Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:26 am

Avalon wrote:Seriously
I know a girl EXACTLY like her (probably styles herself after Kestrel) except I thought Kestrel was a much better version of her except they have done the exact same thing now.
No offence to the creator but im truly disappointed that Kestrel is now just a disgusting slut and dont think ill bother reading anymore now that I know what sort of person shes like and truly I just expected better

...so wait. The full archives are there for you to read, and you're like...going along with the commentary? Go read the full archives, and then form an opinion. *shrug*
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Welcome back

Postby HiFranc on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:52 am

Welcome back, Aeire.
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Bo Lindbergh on Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:20 am

Yep, that Adam person is such a slut, sleeping with some girl he barely knows.
Bo Lindbergh
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fleurdelys on Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:52 pm

Oh please, why in hell is sleeping with a person on the first date such a big deal? Theyd end up doing it on the second one anyway :P Besides, sluts are those who dont call the next day.

Go Kestrel.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:11 pm

Agreed it's just sex nothing special.

I have met actual sluts where they gave one guy a blowjob then turned around and had sex with another person almost immediately afterwards while propositioning everything with a penis in the meantime.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby bloodeye on Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:57 pm

.....so, Amby.... just where can these women be found? Strictly for curiousity sake, of coure....
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby HiFranc on Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:24 am

Ambystoma4 wrote:[...]

I have met actual sluts where they gave one guy a blowjob then turned around and had sex with another person almost immediately afterwards while propositioning everything with a penis in the meantime.

Maybe those women should see a doctor. Nymphomania is a recognised psychiatric disease.
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Thenodrin on Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:24 am

Different people move at different speeds, and the same people with different people move at different speeds along the relationship highway.

A person who normally wouldn't kiss on the first date may go "all the way" if she meets just the right person at just the right moment in her life.

Likewise, a person who normally has sex on the first date may not give a kiss to the wrong person.

It's really not fair to consider someone a "slut" based on one incident. One incident does not define a personality.

Personally, I think that you are more upset that your friend had sex on a first date, and you're lashing out at QoW. I reference your statement, "Now I know where my "friend" got it from."

Your use of quotes makes me think that this person is no longer your friend just because she had sex on a first date.

The statement in and of itself makes me think that you think that the entire concept of sex on a first date is something that most people wouldn't consider, and that your friend had to have the idea introduced to her before she thought of it.

Both of these are really unfair declarations on your part.

Believe me, people have had sex on the first date, without reading about it here first. And, if your friendship hinges on whether or not your friend has sex without your express permission, then you aren't much of a friend to them.

Theno
Thenodrin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MetaLuna on Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:46 pm

The only way I can imagine getting too much sex to be a psychological ailment is if the person doesn't enjoy it, or if it's the result of a deep-seated self-esteem or image issue.

As long as you're loving it, your partner or partners love it, and everyone is happy and healthy - get it five times a day from five different strangers. Why does it matter?

It's really strange to see someone come in here and act all self righteous. "How DARE she get off?!"
MetaLuna
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:04 pm

It is strange, but not totally forgien if you live in a very religious area.

Psychologists think that Nymphomania is a result of some sort of trauma where the female is using sex as a way to be in control.

As far as the loose females, the girl I was talking about was just a random person that was hanging around, and was also a junkie. Honestly I wouldn't go looking for girls like her; it was kind of scary.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Freemage on Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:46 pm

Avalon wrote:Seriously

You know, I rather expect "Avalon" here won't be coming back to see the replies. Which is probably for the best. But to be perfectly honest... I sincerely hope that someday Avalon's friend--the one who got Avalon into this comic--realizes what a judgemental, small-minded, arrogant little bastard Avalon is, and gets some real friends.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ambystoma4 on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:15 pm

With any luck Avalon already made the decision for the friend.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Denyer on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:18 am

Avalon wrote:am I the only one that was disgusted by Kestrel in the latest rerun ?

Probably. Unless kids brainwashed into Young Abstinence (or whatever the club du jour is) are a large part of the reading demographic.
Denyer
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Illarane on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:38 am

Something tells me that the creator of this thread hasn't ever actually had sex... :p
Illarane
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Dynamo on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:22 am

Illarane wrote:Something tells me that the creator of this thread hasn't ever actually had sex... :p

/signed
-Dynamo
Magnus Melior Celeris Amplius
Dynamo
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Queen of Wands