QoW continues....somewhat briefly

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW continues....somewhat briefly

Postby showler on Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:10 am

No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced." - anonymous

"Please. I have had too much of the stupid today. Please wait until tomorrow to say these things so my tolerance has refreshed." - Umya New Gold Dreams
showler
Keenspot Juggernaut

Aaaargh!!!

Postby HiFranc on Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:21 am

Kestral, dead?!?
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Starman Matt on Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:35 am

Now, now. We don't see a face. It could just be some other random redhead...

Besides, from one who has written with R.K. in the past, he is just twisted enough to do that and then have Kestrel show up alive and well.

Of course he's also twisted enough to randomly kill her off so...

What? Why are you crying?
"Starman" Matt Morrison
Writer of Looking To The Stars and 144 Anima.
Check out our NEW home at The Nexus.
Starman Matt
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby yalborap on Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:39 am

I...

I'm going to go kill something. I'm currently debating whether it will be an adorable and fuzzy animal, or that which the creator of something positive cares about most.

NOTE:yalborap is not actually intending to commit murder. although if he ever sees the creator of something positive, he's gonna be demanding some answers.

EDIT: wait! at that angle, she can't be dead! it looks like she leaped into the air to dodge the car, which hit something that made a whump sound(possibly the doll.), and she got a nosebleed from all the blood rushing to her head!

that can happen!

right?
yalborap
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: behind your eyeballs, about to rip them out and escape your tiny brain

Postby darthdavid on Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:26 am

Is this strip part of the QOW canon?
darthdavid
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby yalborap on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:06 pm

darthdavid wrote:Is this strip part of the QOW canon?

yes. they did a crossover a while back, cementing them as being in the same universe.

what we don't know, is if that's kestrel, and if she's dead.
yalborap
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: behind your eyeballs, about to rip them out and escape your tiny brain

Postby GabrielTane on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:42 pm

Knowing what I can from reading SP for a while... that looks just like RK's style of being a smartass.

$10 says he probably go wind of all the talk going around from us about wether or not Kestral would be a on/off-again character in SP and this is his "see, she's in my strip" answer. Either that, or this is his way of showing the "death" of QoW as a strip.

$10 more says that he'll now have her as a zombie come back and haunt something... or something.... where'd my coffee go?
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby showler on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:47 pm

Those seeking a means of denial should note that Randy did not provide a character credit at the bottom of the comic, so, legally, that can't be Kestrel...it must be Memorex.
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced." - anonymous

"Please. I have had too much of the stupid today. Please wait until tomorrow to say these things so my tolerance has refreshed." - Umya New Gold Dreams
showler
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby rkmilholland on Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:07 pm

yalborap wrote:I'm going to go kill something. I'm currently debating whether it will be an adorable and fuzzy animal, or that which the creator of something positive cares about most.

Wow. You need a fucking grip there.

NOTE:yalborap is not actually intending to commit murder. although if he ever sees the creator of something positive, he's gonna be demanding some answers.

You can demand, but you ain't gettin'.
rkmilholland
Junior Keenspotter

Postby WereBunny on Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:12 pm

Was anyone else thinking "Really, the only time things END is when you die. That's pretty final - but not always." when they saw that?
"Anything is impossible if you try hard enough." ~ WereBunny

They fear me because they do not understand me.
It is because of this fear
that they will never understand.
WereBunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby GabrielTane on Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:18 pm

WereBunny wrote:Was anyone else thinking "Really, the only time things END is when you die. That's pretty final - but not always." when they saw that?

now that you mention it... YES! MY ZOMBIE PREDICTION MAY BE RIGHT! MWA HAHAHA.

back to the coffee.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby yalborap on Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:10 pm

rkmilholland wrote:
yalborap wrote:I'm going to go kill something. I'm currently debating whether it will be an adorable and fuzzy animal, or that which the creator of something positive cares about most.

Wow. You need a fucking grip there.

it was a joke. you know, those things you do when you're not being serious?

that was the whole goddamn point of the note at the bottom, to clarify that I wasn't serious.
yalborap
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby rkmilholland on Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:18 pm

that was the whole goddamn point of the note at the bottom, to clarify that I wasn't serious.

Nothing says hilarity like threats of violence against what someone "cares most about."

You're a goddamn riot. At parties, do you threaten to molest the host's pets to break the ice?
rkmilholland
Junior Keenspotter

Postby loserthree on Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:33 pm

From what's been said in the past, you've a lot less bluster IRL. I'd wager polite words and a firm, stern tone would get some answers.

And beer. At 0200 on a Saturday.

But on the topic of finality, death is not a bad way to end things. Recall the series Forever Knight. Fans who get hurt should be no concern to any artist.
"You don't actually have any emotions. You just make faces and hope for the best."
-Jessica Hurst, describing a communications problem in our relationship.
loserthree
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Guairdean on Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:10 pm

Well, folks, many of you have been wondering if Kestrel would make continued appearances in S*P. I think you've been answered in true Millholland style.
The heart can perceive that which the mind cannot comprehend.
Guairdean
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:12 pm

And even if it was Kestrel, what change will it bring? We weren't going to see her character again. I agree with Werebunny ; making her die, although it's pretty drastic, has seemed like the only right way of ending this for good for a long time now, at least in my opinion.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Drooling Iguana on Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:08 pm

I'm just glad she was killed off another strip, rather than in the last episode of QoW, so that I can more safely ignore it.
I used to think I was a child; now I think I am an adult -- not because I no longer do childish things, but because those I call adults are no more mature than I am.
Drooling Iguana
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Seems reasonable, if a bit drastic

Postby baralong on Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:19 pm

(a lurker here)

Most of us have read the crossovers and knew Kestrel was going to Davan's city for a new job. You'd expect Kestral to pop up every once and a while as a background character, but QOW is gone so it had to be a clean break (well a bloody one to fit with the style of SP :wink: )

Thansk to Aeire for the ride and to Randy for sweeping up after. (working on the assumption that Kestrel is really gone.
baralong
Junior Keenspotter

Postby yalborap on Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:31 pm

rkmilholland wrote:

Nothing says hilarity like threats of violence against what someone "cares most about."

You're a goddamn riot. At parties, do you threaten to molest the host's pets to break the ice?

yes, actually. there's a reason I'm not invited to many parties anymore.
yalborap
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Pggmilltn on Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:15 pm

Pggmilltn
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Flameoftheabyss on Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:57 pm

Ooh ooh ooh! Something tells me Aeire is letting her friends absorb QoW into their comics...
Flameoftheabyss
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Shel_Belle on Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:50 am

heh, I think it's just folks having fun with what Milholland started

I was a bit surprised at first - but then I laughed my ass off. It makes sense, and made even more sense when I heard that folks were speculating on him bringing Kestrel in as a character - or worse yet, a love interest for Davan. Milholland's never been one to pull punches. His humor is brutally direct with a bucket of bitter sarcasm. And if you like the strip a lot, you probably see it as a virtue, not a 'flaw'.

I see the strip as a) a homage to Aerie's strip, one of the only strips he's ever found doing a crossover worthwhile. and b) a statement of "no, this is not Milholland's Home for Indigent Webcomic Characters". I don't see that as a disrespect (though it was done in his typical style) I actually see that as respect. For Aerie, for the uniqueness of her character and her strip. For him to co-opt her character, even if she DID move Kestrel to Boston, and even if she'd given him her express permission, would be inappropriate. It would be a disservice to Randy, it would be a disservice to Aerie, and it would be a disservice to Kestrel to have her written solely by someone other than Aerie.

Straub's Checkerboard Nightmare strip is just plain hilarious. Well timed, and a remarkably subtle (for Chex) reference to other comics.
Shel_Belle
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tanukitsune on Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:31 am

Vaporware, you are such a rascal! :lol:
Is this going to be a new trend or something now?
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

It IS a trend!

Postby Longshot on Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:17 am

Saw this at Irregular Webcomic(scroll down) and thought it would be appreciated

If you want to check later, the image URL is

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/logos/queenofwands.jpg
Longshot
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Sinkuu on Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:56 am

seeing how the Chaos has SPREAD.... :lol:

that is one HELL of a 21-gun salute...

Aeire, you rocked the webcomic world... people are sending you out IN STYLE!
Why do I even SAY things like "There's nothing to worry about"? - Torg, Sluggy Freelance, 6/6/03
Sinkuu
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Queen of Wands