Comic 28th Jan

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Comic 28th Jan

Postby HiFranc on Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:30 am

Seamus' life must be as exciting as mine if moving state is an adventure... ;-)
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Guairdean on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:31 am

Some day Seamus will look back longingly on the "simple days" in Denver. That is, of course, after he gets over the "deer in the headlights" stage of living in the real world.
The heart can perceive that which the mind cannot comprehend.
Guairdean
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GabrielTane on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:06 am

you're both thinking waaaay too far ahead. I'm just waiting to see how close he comes to death-by-redhead through the rest of this conversation. His foot's not in his mouth yet, so I'm just waitin'.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:49 pm

And here I almost thought he'd say Boston. :wink:
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:54 pm

THAT would have been a very unexpected plot twist.

California is a different place. I've always liked it when I've been out there.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

yeah

Postby FearlessWillow on Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:26 pm

Yeah I thought he was going to say Boston too.

California sucks. Yeah I've lived here for 8 years now, I want out. he'll like it though ...
FearlessWillow
Junior Keenspotter

Postby GrassyNoel on Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:14 pm

They said 'Californy is the place you oughta be'
So he packed up the truck and a-moved to Beverly ...
Hills, that is.
Millonaires.
Movie stars.
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: yeah

Postby Ambystoma4 on Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:41 pm

FearlessWillow wrote:California sucks. Yeah I've lived here for 8 years now, I want out. he'll like it though ...

Trade?

TX Panhandle for SoCal?
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Re: yeah

Postby Fleurdelys on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:02 pm

Ambystoma4 wrote:
FearlessWillow wrote:California sucks. Yeah I've lived here for 8 years now, I want out. he'll like it though ...

Trade?

TX Panhandle for SoCal?

How about you guys stop complaining and come to get a taste of winter here? :P
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:42 am

I'm not complaining about winter. I actually like the winter in SoCal. In the desert it drops to 40
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby GabrielTane on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:52 am

[quote="Ambystoma4"]I'm not complaining about winter. I actually like the winter in SoCal. In the desert it drops to 40
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:57 am

[quote="Ambystoma4"]I'm not complaining about winter. I actually like the winter in SoCal. In the desert it drops to 40
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:12 pm

I forgot about the dual language thing. I'm updateing my passport now. :) Naw, I still have commitments here that I need to finish before I can start thinking of someplace else to live.

I'll have to add Quebec to the list of places I should visit.

There are places I would actually like to live, Austin, TX for example. Austin would be ideal actually. There are lots of Technology Industry there and a really good music scene.
The area that I live in now is just too conservative and there isn't any culture here. That's my problem with where I live.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

States and Europe

Postby HiFranc on Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:13 am

I keep forgetting that the US is so vast that culture is very different from State to State. In Britain, things are so similar that you could move across the country and the culture would not be that different (though there are differences).
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:33 am

Yeah, there are about five different areas in the US that all have very different cultures.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby GabrielTane on Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:30 am

The fun thing about the culture where I'm at is I get to screw with two types of people for endless enjoyment.

We've got the "everything is historic!" people. Since I live in St. Augustine (nation's oldest city" and all that) we have some fruit-loops that want to save everything as historic. Such as The Bridge of Lions. It needed to be widened to allow for the larger and larger ships that go under it. With the uproar that sprung up over that idea, you'd think that Ponce de Leon himself laid the bricks of that bridge. Funny thing is, that bridge is only about 50 years old or so. Real historic there. Like I said... fruit-loops.

The second type of people that are fun to mess with is the "south will rise again" freaks. The fun part about living south of the Mason-Dixon line is you get to remind people that they lost. (we're talking the American Civil War, incase I lost anyone here). If by "south will rise again" they mean that they'll pull their lazy asses up off the couch and do something produtice, then I'm all for it. Unfortunatly, these wackos are convinced that somehow, for some reason, the south is going to ceceed from the union again... yeah, that'll happen. And after it ceceeds, it's government will be lead by little grey men in flying saucers.... wait a sec; i'm sure some of them believe that's true.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunnyThor on Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:17 pm

GabrielTane wrote:I'm just waiting to see how close he comes to death-by-redhead through the rest of this conversation.

Speaking of death-by-redhead, am I the only one who sees someone discovering Angela's cold, lifeless body and a suicide note? This sudden withdrawl could be a normal, healthy depressed state, or it could be something much worse. Angela's world was just dealt a few crushing blows in quick succession, and thought Angela seems fairly resilient, all of Kestral's friends do have a bit of a melodramatic bent to them. :-?
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby gwalihir on Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:01 pm

[quote="bunnyThor] Speaking of death-by-redhead, am I the only one who sees someone discovering Angela's cold, lifeless body and a suicide note?[/quote]

Nope, you're not. That was my first reaction, after things went downhill between her and Kestrel.

However, Aeire pulled out brilliantly and naturalistically from what looked like a formulaic hook-up (Kestrel going over to Angela's in the middle of the night, confessed feeling by candlelight, etc.): she didn't choose the easy hook then, I have a feeling she won't now.

Angela's suicide, though tragic, would be waay too "easy" of a closure: it would forevermore be over. I don't think Kestrel is going to get off that easily.
gwalihir
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Queen of Wands