QOW Update - comic for 1/24

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QOW Update - comic for 1/24

Postby Aeire on Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:13 pm

Is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Shannon

Postby HiFranc on Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:37 am

I must commend Shannon's patience. She's willing to cope with 3 years of sleepless nights before even asking if children are fun. She'll be a good mother.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Soo true!

Postby gwalihir on Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:06 am

Absolutely true!!!

The funniest part of this for me, personally, is that this Friday I am organizing a dinner for a group called "No Kidding:" adults, either married or single, who have decided not to have kids. I wrote a short skit to present with two friends of mine: it contains pretty much all the same elements. If we don't have time to practice it, I should just print and circulate this strip, and make the same points!
gwalihir
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bloodeye on Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:26 pm

I'm so glad I can't relate to any of that....
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Children

Postby HiFranc on Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:16 pm

I used to say I would never have childen and then, once, there was somone I was really crazy about and I realised that if she was the mother of my children then I would say "yes".

Ps.
I've helped look after children. If you ever want to persuade anyone about not having children try working as a volunteer for an after school kidds' klub on a evening when not enough volunteers have turned up.[1] *shudder*

[1] 20x 3-9 yo, 2 volunteers[2], aaaargh!
[2] Normal evening 3-6 volunteers.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PrettyPrincess on Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:06 pm

ahh, babies. I'm just very glad that mine is asleep right now.
PrettyPrincess
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Guairdean on Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:42 pm

I'm not sure what she'll think when the baby turns three. It's basically the terrible two's with a years practice. They're fun one day, and no fun at all the next. You take the good with the bad and love them all the same. The best part is Grandkids. You get them when they're good, and send them home when they're bad. You can also spoil them, wire them up on sugar, and send them home. This is called revenge. I have two daughters, the younger graduates from high school this year, the other teaches science and has two boys of her own. Life is good!
The heart can perceive that which the mind cannot comprehend.
Guairdean
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Calisto on Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:02 am

Guairdean wrote:I'm not sure what she'll think when the baby turns three. It's basically the terrible two's with a years practice. They're fun one day, and no fun at all the next. You take the good with the bad and love them all the same.
Oh no kidding. Everyone warns you about the dreaded 'Terrible Twos', but never says a word about 3. 3 is way worse than 2. It's a good thing they are cute or they'd probably be dead :o :lol:
Calisto
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:47 pm

I was hanging out with friends, and we were talking about our jobs. One of us worked in retail, the other in a restaurant, me at a helpdesk, and one at a daycare.

The one who worked at a daycare mentioned that she had been puked on the other day with the puke running down the front of her shirt. We agreed that she had the worst job out of the four of us.

Conversation after being declared the winner...

"I've also been pooped on."
"How do you get pooped on?"
"They wear diapers, but it just just exploded."
"The diaper exploded? Explosive poop!"
"I had poop all down the front of me, and I had to drive home like that... I was gagging out the window...."
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Return to Queen of Wands