QoW Update - comic for 12/31

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - comic for 12/31

Postby Aeire on Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:08 pm

Is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Poor Seamus

Postby HiFranc on Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:20 am

I feel sorry for the guy. It must have been hard on him knowing that he was Angela's second choice.

However, being nosey, I wonder how she told him...
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Auburn_Vixn on Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:23 am

Part of me feels for Seamus, but then again I think he will deserve any further tortures he suffers. He's either being an inconsiderate ass--or a malicious jerk. It's not totally intentional either way as his feelings mixed with alcohol has definitely screwed up his judgement--but it is still manipulative.

Though Angela did (may still have) sexual feelings for Kestrel it is most likely Seamus dumped Angela because if his own feelings for Kestrel (rather he wants to admit it or not).

FACTS:

1. Angela was resolved in letting Kestrel move to Boston. (this means Seamus may have had a chance with Angela after Kestral left--if she REALLY had feelings for her so why would he break up with her?).
2. Angela knew Kestrel didn't swing that way after the kiss (most folks who are bi, poly or gay usually let things go when they know their attractions are not).
3. We all know that Seamus has had feelings for Kestrel from the beginning--and blew it multiple times--either with miscommunications, lying (to himself and her) or running back to his ex.
4. Angela has always looked very happy and content with Seamus.

Angela and Kestrel have a close bound (this is normal for girls)...one Seamus probably never got to forge with either of them. Seamus wants to get back with Kestrel. Dating Angela was probably the only way he could get close to her again as he has completely blown his trust with her and he knows it.

Angela tells Seamus to leave Kestrel alone since she was leaving (the right thing to do either way). Seamus disregards Angela's advice, and Kestrel starts digging into Seamus like a T-day turkey--something that disappoints and frustrates Seamus.

Seamus feels helplessness, jealousy, and unresolved feelings for Kestrel that he can never express = frustration.

He is a rather weak guy to begin with (running back many times to his mentally abusive relationship ex). Weak people tend to use mind-games rather than overt aggression.

It is quite understandable that he is attempting to destroy the girls' friendship with the rumor of Angela's unrequitted love. It doesn't matter whether or not it's true--it's wrong and very destructive.
Auburn_Vixn
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Whoa

Postby keayts on Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:08 pm

Totally didn't see that one coming. What an ass.
keayts
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:06 pm

Ah yes, Seamus, that certainly would seem like the thing to do if I really wanted to break someone's heart and ruin their friendship with someone else.

And I was on his side until now... gnnn.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:40 pm

:-?

Nicely played. Devious and Destructive. Although I can't help but this that it is much more hurtful to Angela then to Kestrel. You only set bombs like that if you're ending the relatinionship permanently to avoid the fallout though.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Whoops!

Postby HiFranc on Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:42 pm

You're all probably right about Seamus. Maybe I'm just too trusting of people?
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ambystoma4 on Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:29 pm

I thought that he had more dignity then that.

That's just sad and pathetic to see some one be so desperate.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Luneward on Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:24 pm

Even disregarding Seamus (I'm sure his current action is a result of being drunk, though... not that it gives him any points) this still brings the entire last strip into a different light, as well as a number of conversations with Angela in the past.

Edit: And as to how Angela told him... the previous strip said they talked about something before they got together. I gather they weren't necessarily talking about Seamus' relationship with Kestrel at that point.
I am merely a figment of your imagination.
Luneward
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GabrielTane on Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:19 pm

Am I the only one that things that Seamus is not operating under full disclosure here?

I dunno... I just get this feeling that Angela never told him this and he's just acting on what he thinks the situation is. I can't wait to see what happens when Kes talks to Angela about this.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:43 pm

You did bring up the point that it might actually be true.
Hmm... Ambiguity. Interesting.

Dishing that, anything really, when drunk is still no excuse. That's not a subject that you take someone aside and tell them. It's more of the type that comes up in a personal conversation. Then again this could just be me.

Standing on the edge of feelin
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby ZotKitty on Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:32 am

I actually buy what Seamus is saying. I think he picked a lousy time, place, and way to break it to Kes, but I think he speaks truth as Angela explains it.

Wednesday's comic actually makes more sense if read while assuming that Angela and NOT Seamus is the one crushing on Kestrel. Angela says "You're still not over that whole thing with Kestrel" whereas if it had been the other way, it would have been more natural for Angela to say "You're not over Kestrel."

*Apologizes to Seamus for calling him a rat*
ZotKitty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Flameoftheabyss on Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:46 am

Damnit, Aeire. I can't wait till Monday! :D
Flameoftheabyss
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby KitKaru on Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:03 am

Okay, so either

1) Seamus is lying out his ass, and deserves to have anatomically impossible though theoretically intreguing things happen to sensitive portions of his anatomy;

OR

2) He is far more insightfull than I gave him credit for, in which case I shall merely tone it down to a through beating (with no bones broken even) and a 'get well' card and his hospital visit paid for seeing as how he's still screwing with a friendship that's been going well for a while now, even if he's not doing it maliciously. Heck, I can see where he's comming from, letting Kestrel know and all that, if I were sufficently drunk and/or otherwise taken leave of my senses, I might do something that stupid. Of course, I'd also be expecting the beating and would know that I deserved it once what few particles of sanity I posess return to my keeping.

Plead drunken insanity, Seamus. It's your only chance to avoid the lynch mob. What was that you stepped in, you ask? Oh, that's just the rubber cement. We wouldn't want you getting away, now would we?
KitKaru
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Flameoftheabyss on Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:29 am

I think Seamus is being truthful and just wants them to be together. :P
Flameoftheabyss
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:57 am

Flameoftheabyss wrote:I think Seamus is being truthful and just wants them to be together. :P

I call that too much optimism. I doubt he wants to screw up everything, but you can't become bi or lesbian. You cant just force it. It's not his place or role to tell Kestrel. The one and only person who has the right to tell her this is Angela herself.

I think Seamus honestly wants everyone to be happy. He jus tends to use wrong ways to get to it.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ChaoticBlue on Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:32 pm

Well, it's also noted that despite some glaring blind spots, Seamus generally has an amazingly insightful eye for human nature. Now, whether "that thing with Kestrel" was the knowledge that Kestrel still carried a torch for him, or the knowledge that Angela even now carries a torch for Kestrel, that's anyone's guess. He just might have actually put things together on his own, and as he himself notes, he's pretty drunk.

Angela herself may actually be waiting and hoping, as he puts it, but if he's right, she's willing to lay back and wait, and if things don't pan out, it would be her own pain.

Or maybe he really is just being a jerk. However, I favor the former explanation.
ChaoticBlue
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Vlegeltje on Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:33 am

Every new strip has another twist and I feel this had only been for the last few, not the whole time.. Or am I wrong?
Vlegeltje
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:05 pm

No, you're right. The strip has gotten really dramatic as of late.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby mabarosi on Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:13 pm

We need another "Vagina Dentata" moment.

Also, I've gathered from American movies that Sears is a department store. Do they sell homosexuality?
mabarosi
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Brie on Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:00 pm

mabarosi wrote:Also, I've gathered from American movies that Sears is a department store. Do they sell homosexuality?

I will treasure that comment for the rest of my life, and probably most of whatever life I have after this one ends.
Brie
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:08 pm

Heh....Sears doesn't sell homosexuality, but you can rent it for a few days. Call for availability.
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:13 pm

Sears doesn't, but hipper stores who target the younger markets do.
Check with Hot Topic.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChaoticBlue on Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:21 pm

mabarosi wrote:We need another "Vagina Dentata" moment.

Also, I've gathered from American movies that Sears is a department store. Do they sell homosexuality?

Nah. But there were a series of ads attempting to reach out to those people who considered Sears a place for appliances and hardware, and the Tagline was something to the effect of "Come see the softer side of Sears."
ChaoticBlue
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Queen of Wands