QoW Update - comic for 12/29

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - comic for 12/29

Postby Aeire on Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:08 am

is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby KitKaru on Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:50 am

Erm... I dunno if drinking while you're that depressed is such a good idea. Usually, drinking while you're down only makes you drunk and more down.

Angela's right, you can't just throw this at Kestrel right before she leaves. Espically not when I think he's still trying to get over his ex and is using Kestrel as a convenient excuse (perhaps even to himself) to get out of this relationship.

If he does confess to her, He's only going to hurt her, try some kind of long distance relationship which will make it hurt worse, and end up with him breaking up with her because she's not what he wants either. Or she's going to put up the stop sign and inform him that she's not interested, in which case that might force him to go admit who he is really after and try and deal with it rather than hide and run away from it. Or perhaps he'll just mope around for a while and find some other lady to use as an excuse for a while. Who knows?
KitKaru
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:23 am

The one thing I notice about this forum is that people are very quick on judging the characters' actions, especially when it comes to making mistakes. I'm glad I'm one of the first ones here this time. I don't hate Justin's brother for what he did: taking Kestrel ut was simply a way of asking for forgiveness for what he did. I never pictured him as sly.

Seamus has a bad history among us, and is hated (let's say "judged in a negative way" to be politically correct :P) by a lot of people here. But my opinion is that he is being honest. I don't think he used Kestrel to forget his ex the first time, and I don't think he used Angela either. It might look like it, and a psychiatrist might say he was as well, but he is not a bad guy. He's nice and sweet, and he has no idea how to deal with love relationships. He hurts people, and he hurts them bad, but look at how miserable it makes him. I'm sure that if he could, he would go back in time and fix it. A real jerk wouldn't care, and Seamus is a caring person.

Angela is the one who brought up the Kestrel thing, I don't think Seamus had any intention of talking to Kestrel. I think he's too scared, and knows very well that he has mre chances at winning the lotery than getting a positive reaction from her. Yes, Kestrel is officially leaving... or at least she was, before I read the last comics. I think she's starting to think Boston is a long flight away from those friends, especially after Jake's little monologue about maths.

Seamus is as unlucky in love as Kestrel. He's been hurt as well, and I get the feeling Kestrel and Angela were ways to try to forget, yes, but also to prove himself that he can live without his ex. So far it hasn't been very successful; I wouldn't want to be him.

Some hate him, some want to yank his bowels out of him through his nose; all I feel for this guy is pity.

I still like him a heck of a lot more than Jake. I say he stays.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Aerinha on Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:29 am

The characters are very human, and humans make mistakes; they aren't one dimensional.

I only wonder about that party....It sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
Aerinha
Junior Keenspotter

Welcome

Postby HiFranc on Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:13 am

Welcome to Queen of Wands and it's forums, Aerinha.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ambystoma4 on Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:26 pm

The party should be ok. Alcohol does wonders to smooth over rough feelings as long as everyone avoids touchy subjects or lets them slid when mentioned in accident.

Yeah, Seamus doesn't have a whole lot of self-awareness going on. He's probably still going through the rebound phase from his ex. Sometimes it takes a while to get over past relationships especially those that you put a lot of effort into... And those that you fell guilty about royally messing up.

I fully understand what he's going through.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby RavenxDrake on Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:52 am

I don't know... maybe it's just me, but this could be a good thing for Kestral, in the long run.

With Seamus no longer attached to Angela(and vice versa) Angela might feel less tied to the area. I've never seen her with any other friends(or at least don't remember others), so I don't know how tied down she is this location. Kestral mgiht be able to talk her into following her(or Angela might broach the subject, who knows) when she leaves. I htink it would do wonders to have a friend in the area already(besides the Underwear thief :D) and it could well help Angela too.

It's hard to do this to someone, especially at the holidays. But no, I don't think Seamus is a bad person. However, i'm not one that dotes on the past. I've never had the luxury too call a 'Do over" like Seamus seems to be doing.. .but I don't know what he plans to do in the future.
Emmense arsenal... that's funny.
What? Does my arsenal look big in these pants.
RavenxDrake
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Bo Lindbergh on Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:22 am

In light of Friday's installment: were they even talking about the same thing here?
Bo Lindbergh
Keenspot Despot

Kestral and Angela

Postby HiFranc on Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:26 am

Angela has always been the one who tried to stop Kestral going. How will Seamus's announcement affect the way Kestral looks/acts towards Angela?
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Queen of Wands