QoW Update - comic for 12/27

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - comic for 12/27

Postby Aeire on Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:10 pm

Is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tangent on Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:32 pm

GAH!!!!!!!!!! O_O

How evil... *twitch*
Robert A. Howard

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:39 pm

Ooo.... That's timing.

People do expect items to magically appear in the inventory all the time. I can't think of how many time I had to explain that we were at the whims of the distribution center as far as what we recieved to sell when I worked in retail.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Starman Matt on Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:45 pm

See, now I'm getting scared because I've been having a hard ass time at my lame retail job and haven't heard from my girlfriend since the 23rd...
"Starman" Matt Morrison
Writer of Looking To The Stars and 144 Anima.
Check out our NEW home at The Nexus.
Starman Matt
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Flameoftheabyss on Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:52 pm

Seamus sure is mean...
Flameoftheabyss
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ZotKitty on Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:42 am

Yup. I really liked Seamus when he first appeared and was all bookish, into Orson Scott Card and smart and cool ... but he's a rat now.

He's broken Kestrel's heart, now Angela's too...

On the other hand, way to leave us with a killer cliffhanger, Aeire!
ZotKitty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam The Alien on Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:59 am

Yeeees, it's Seamus-killing time. ::sharpens axe:: :lol:
Adam The Alien
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby communist trees on Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:58 am

Was it Angela who said, "I don't consider myself short; I like to call it 'within easy weapons reach of the crotch?'"

I know I've seen that quote somewhere either on a Keenspot comic or forum, and it seems like her logic. It would fit quite well here, though.

Yeah, I'll jump on the "kill him" band wagon.

But hey, look on the bright side. This opens up the door for Kestrel-Angela action again :wink:
Oh no! My avatar got eaten... *sigh* R.I.P., avatar...
communist trees
Keenspot Juggernaut

That *rat*!

Postby Ziah on Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:14 am

Noooooooooooooooooo!

I've followed this strip for a long damn time. I've laughed, I've cried, I've been moved. But I turned around to my boyfriend today and hissed, "I'm going to kill f*ing Seamus."

1) Holy horrible timing, Seamus.
2) If it's the ex, I'm going to say, "well, we all shoulda seen it coming"

*sniffs* Poor Angela. I feel so bad for her. I hope Seamus has something reasonable to say for himself in the next strip. NO MORE CHANCES FOR YOU, Seamus! You're on the naughty list, and if I see you coming on the street, I'm kicking you in the naughty bits! Tossed away two perfectly wonderful girls.... you'd better be gay or something!!

;-)

Great strip today, Aeire. I can't WAIT to see where it's all going. Kudos for the way you drew Angela's face, too - what a fabulous expression at the end. She really looked shocked and heartbroken. *Bwaaaaaah!*

Z.
Ziah
Junior Keenspotter

Postby GabrielTane on Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:27 am

It's cute that everyone is talking about killing Seamus... like anyone would get the chance... I mean, come on! Angela is right there and already has her arms around some very vital organs. I don't know what's going to be funnier, him lying in the hospital or Kes plotting another assault once Seamus is out of traction. I can see some evil plotting taking place between Angela and Kestrel.

On the other hand, part of me has this feeling that once Seamus explains himself (if possible) Kes will be pissed and Angela will be somehow understanding. It'll be Angela that tells Kes to leave him alone... a mirror of what happened whe Seamus dumped Kes to go back with his ex (again). Can't wait to find out though.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Vlegeltje on Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:45 am

This was tooo unexpected!

I wonder what Seamus has got to say for himself, he'd better have a good reason and if he does: there's no need for killing him.
Vlegeltje
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ShortStuff on Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:53 am

I'm going to stay hopeful that there's some twist ending to his request...I don't want to be in a mood to kill him until the next strip :-p
Unfortunately he's been a rat in the past so its hard to imagine anything else.
ShortStuff
Junior Keenspotter

Postby keayts on Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:00 am

I don't get it. Why's everyone so mad at Seamus? If he wants to break up with Angela, he probably has a reason to - from the content of past strips, it's not as if he's the type of guy who maliciously causes other people emotional distress, just for shits and giggles.

If Seamus doesn't want to continue dating her, why would Angela wanna stay with him? The guy probably has his reasons for breaking up with her. Regardless of how she feels about being alone again, I feel as though Angela should (and most likely, will) respect his decision as his own.
keayts
Junior Keenspotter

Welcomes and comments

Postby HiFranc on Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:42 am

Welcome to Queen of Wands and it's forums, keayts and Ziah.

Personally, I did see that coming. Seamus is someone who can't make up his mind what he wants out of life. He's always second guessing himself and he's always on the rebound.

I'm not for killing him but a) his timing could be better and b) I think that what he really needs is to take some time without hooking up with anyone to think things through.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby keayts on Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:00 am

Who's to say he didn't figure out what he wanted, and Angela's not part of that future?
keayts
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Thenodrin on Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:44 am

There could be a very good reason for Seamus wanting to break up with Angela.

Last Thanksgiving, I broke up with my girlfriend of almost 5 years, because we had gotten to the point where we never saw each other anymore.

The only weekend all year that we spent together (just together, not together with other people) was Valentine's Day.

The thing was, we had a long distance relationship, and both lead very busy lives. So, while I was miserable because I never got to see her, she was content because we exchanged emails daily and phone calls weekly and arranged "same place" events so that we could meet slightly more often than once every two months.

I feel sorry for Seamus. He has to know that this is going to hurt Angela, and he's never been portrayed as someone who would cause that hurt needlessly.

I'm looking forward to hearing his reason, and seeing how it all happens.

For myself, I ended up finding a woman with similiar interests as me who lives much closer. She's someone I can see every day. (She's also responsible for me buying Worlds of Warcraft.)

Theno
Thenodrin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ziah on Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:42 pm

I love this strip because it's so realistic in so many ways. Seamus is like so many other people I know; good at heart but unable to make up his mind about what he wants. That's not to say he doesn't have a good reason for breaking up with her - maybe he's moving, maybe he just can't deal with her proclivities, and so forth.

If he's marrying his ex or whatever, that's the part that I'd be like, "nuh uh." That's simply because in real life, that happens. All the time. I think it's irresponsible and in a way deceitful to start seeing someone without first thinking through whether or not you can give this person your all. That was why I really respected Seamus when he said at first, "If I was ready to date someone, I would definitely want to date you." It was frustrating for Kestrel - I think she said something like, "Why is it that I find the right guy at the wrong time?!" - but he was honestly assessing things. I respected that.

It was CLASSLESS for him to KNOW Kes was coming to his house and have his ex there. *SPANK!* Not cool. At all. But hey, in real life, people do classless, tacky things all the time. Seamus has bad judgment. We've established that. Still, on Wednesday, he could say, "I think we should stop seeing each other because you said you don't ever want a monogamous relationship, and I need that." I mean, we don't know. But still. Gut instinct is to kick Seamus where it counts! ;-)

Ziah, impassioned!
Ziah
Junior Keenspotter

Postby KitKaru on Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:25 pm

bittersweet is the taste of love
and the feelings that run all through
For the one who can hurt you most
Is the one you love most true

I'm not hopping into the 'kill him' bandwagon until I've heard his reasons. Do feel sorry for her though. Ouch...
KitKaru
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:38 am

keayts wrote:I feel as though Angela should (and most likely, will) respect his decision as his own.

That would be the mature grownup thing todo.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fleurdelys on Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:16 am

Sure it sucks, and yes his timing could be better, but you have to consider that he probably wanted to tell her when she came home from work. Breaking up with someone is already a difficult thing to do, and a hard decision to take, and once the moment you will do it is set, you can't start postponing it all the time.

The timing is bad only because Angela had a bad day... I'm not sure the evening would have been any better if Seamus had decided not to tell her right away. He would have been distant, different, and Angela probably would have ended up asking what was wrong. Being Angela, I would have wanted to know right away as well.

No killing. I've always just pictured him as a nice guy who just doesn't know what he wants.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fei on Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:26 am

Okay, whether or not Seamus has a good reason for it, at least he had the guts to be face to face with her, telling her, instead of say... leaving a note, or sending an email.

And for those who are commenting about the horrible timing, I mean, in all honesty, is there ever a good point to break up with someone? If they are in an emotional pit, you are kicking them when they are down. If they are feeling happy and gleeful, then you are yanking the proverbial cloud out from underneath them. It's a no-win situation.

(BTW, first post in this area! :) )
Last edited by Fei on Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Caydiem wrote:RlrlrlRLRLLRLGRLGRLGlglglglgl!

...there's no real good way to put that into text form.

In reference to the sounds Murlocs make in WoW, on the Plush Murloc Petition! thread on the WoW forums.
Fei
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Haesslich on Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:54 am

Y'know, he's rather brave to be THAT close to Angela when he announces the breakup... or maybe stupid. Or he trusts she won't hurt him too badly.

Did anyone else imagine Angela's voice cracking with a little squeek at the last question, though? About the only 'upside' I see to this is that she has one less tie to keep here where she is... so if she chooses to follow Angela to Boston, she theoretically could.
Haesslich
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fei on Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:52 am

Haesslich wrote:so if she chooses to follow Angela to Boston, she theoretically could.

You mean Kestrel?
Caydiem wrote:RlrlrlRLRLLRLGRLGRLGlglglglgl!

...there's no real good way to put that into text form.

In reference to the sounds Murlocs make in WoW, on the Plush Murloc Petition! thread on the WoW forums.
Fei
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Haesslich on Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:33 am

Yes, I meant Kestral. That's me pre-Coffee.
Haesslich
Keenspot Despot

Moving to Boston

Postby HiFranc on Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:44 am

The thing is: how would Kestral feel?
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Queen of Wands