QoW Update - comic for 12/22

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - comic for 12/22

Postby Aeire on Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:08 pm

Is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby KitKaru on Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:16 am

Oh dear, she's falling for him... this will be interesting. Who knows, he might be a decent guy, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Just because he's that smart, doesn't mean he isn't still a jerk who is leading her on. Either that or he opens his mouth and sticks his foot in clear to the kneecap and she doesn't want to have anything further to do with him. Or, just mabye, he's being open and honest and they're a good match. Goodness knows she needs someone intelligent to go out with just so they can keep up with her.

We'll see...
KitKaru
Keenspotter Supreme

Assessments

Postby HiFranc on Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:03 am

Time will tell.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Isios on Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:35 am

Well for now I am going to keep my rose colored glasses on and I really hope this guy at least ends up being a long romantic relationship for her.
Isios
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Luneward on Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:53 am

*winces* Ouch, Aerie just made my brain hurt... And I like discussing philosophy and wonky concepts. A lot to think about indeed.

And I don't think Kestrel is necessarily falling for him than thinking about what her perception of reality is and how it relates to her current and near future circumstances. "There's something special about that kind of connection, I don't think anyone should lose it." I figure it's really sinking in how much she's going to miss Shannon, Felix, and Angela.
I am merely a figment of your imagination.
Luneward
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GabrielTane on Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:56 am

Luneward wrote:And I don't think Kestrel is necessarily falling for him than thinking about what her perception of reality is and how it relates to her current and near future circumstances. "There's something special about that kind of connection, I don't think anyone should lose it." I figure it's really sinking in how much she's going to miss Shannon, Felix, and Angela.

See what I get for trying to do my postings around work? I was thinking the same thing.

Between the comic with Kes babysitting for the night and this comic, I think she's really seeing how much everyone means to her. I'm not going to say that it's going to make her change her mind. I think she's going to have a different outlook on why she thinks she needs to move away.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GrassyNoel on Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:20 am

This is nice. K seems to have found out that everything she knew about maths geeks was wrong :)

People can have different opinions on what observed facts mean to them. People remember different things about the same event. But it doesn't necessarily follow that the same event was, factually, different to the different people.
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Lareth on Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:30 pm

Lordy, I hate relativistm. A mathematician should know better.

However, he does look like a good match for her, so far. Don't forget that she's leaving for Boston in a little while to pursue her dreams. Perfect timing for a dilemma of the heart.

-Lareth
Lareth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GabrielTane on Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:06 pm

Lareth wrote:However, he does look like a good match for her, so far. Don't forget that she's leaving for Boston in a little while to pursue her dreams. Perfect timing for a dilemma of the heart.

-Lareth

Well, I wouldn't so much say "pursuing her dreams" as I would "finding a job". I think that less and less of her wants to leave now.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Vlegeltje on Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:19 pm

I guess he's just fond of Pythagoras and added the 'friends'-thingie.
Vlegeltje
Keenspotter Supreme

Welcome

Postby HiFranc on Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:57 pm

Welcome to Queen of Wands and the forums.

{edit}Correction to name (added extra word in :oops: ).
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ZotKitty on Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:10 pm

Am I the only one hoping that it will turn out that Jack is getting transferred to Boston? I don't want to see Kestrel change her plans just for a guy. I think for her character arc to be complete she does need to move out, be independent and strike her own way in the world away from Shannon & Felix. However, I would like to see Jack and Kestrel be a couple.
ZotKitty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:53 pm

He's self-employed.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Eyeless Blond on Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:11 am

Lareth wrote:Lordy, I hate relativistm. A mathematician should know better.

However, he does look like a good match for her, so far. Don't forget that she's leaving for Boston in a little while to pursue her dreams. Perfect timing for a dilemma of the heart.

-Lareth

Wrong perspective. Think of it more like set theory: just because something in the set of my reality isn't the same in your set of reality doesn't mean that both aren't part of Everything. :) What he's saying is that's what makes friendship worthwhile. You get to be a part of someone else's perspective, and they a part of yours. Thus a greater (implied: intrinsically better) whole results.
Eyeless Blond
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Amoryl on Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:10 am

i dunno, she didn't give anything even remotely like an answer to his offer for another date one way or the other, she seemed somewhat distant...but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.
Amoryl
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby communist trees on Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:07 am

I've been out for a week, so my response to the comics for that time is here.

I officially approve of Justin's brother. Anyone who would have a math based conversation for the course of an entire date is someone I approve of.

Yeah, I'm a physicist (well, in college to become one, anyway). So sue me.
Oh no! My avatar got eaten... *sigh* R.I.P., avatar...
communist trees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Lareth on Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:07 pm

Eyeless Blond wrote:
Lareth wrote:Lordy, I hate relativistm. A mathematician should know better.

-Lareth

Wrong perspective. Think of it more like set theory: just because something in the set of my reality isn't the same in your set of reality doesn't mean that both aren't part of Everything. :) What he's saying is that's what makes friendship worthwhile. You get to be a part of someone else's perspective, and they a part of yours. Thus a greater (implied: intrinsically better) whole results.

This is old, but it doesn't sound to me like that's what he's saying. "It's not really reality if there's no one but yourself to acknowledge it" translates pretty clearly as "it's not part of the set of all sets unless it's part of at least two overlapping sets" which is nonsense. And it has nothing to do with G
Lareth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GrassyNoel on Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:17 pm

Ambystoma4 wrote:He's self-employed.

And he's been takin' care of business :)
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Queen of Wands