QoW Update - comic for 12/17

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - comic for 12/17

Postby Aeire on Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:16 pm

Is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby KitKaru on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:12 pm

Flowers... expensive resteraunt... yea, I'd say this guy is more than just an accountant. Accountants don't have that kind of money. Either he is independantly wealthy (which would explain a number of things about his attittude), or a wealthy person's accountant (which would also explain a few things).

He's definatly pushing Kestrel pretty hard. I congradulate her on her self-restraint. I would have figured after that 'but I can get there' quip, she would have verbally flayed him.

I wonder if the 'date' will end with him wearing something like pasta-in-stainable sauce? If he keeps this up, there's no telling what might happen.
KitKaru
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Gerbie on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:29 pm

Actually accountants do make pretty good money. I was created by one, and am friends with a few. They all have much higher paychecks than I do.
Sailing on the seas of life under full sails, with no one at the helm.
Gerbie
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Amoryl on Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:31 am

i had a friend who was in acounting in college, right out of school he got a job at $50k a year with a $5k signing bonus.

yeah he's laying the attempt to impress on pretty thick, flowers, swanky resturant. already trying the inuendo...idda smacked im inna head

and yes, untill proven otherwise, i refuse to give him even the slightest benifit of the doubt. he just stinks of "creep"
Amoryl
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby catpryde on Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:53 am

I wholeheartedly agree. Definite motives going on there.
catpryde
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GabrielTane on Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:21 am

KitKaru wrote:He's definatly pushing Kestrel pretty hard. I congradulate her on her self-restraint. I would have figured after that 'but I can get there' quip, she would have verbally flayed him.

Verbally? nonono... don't you remember the "I need to get RAM for my computer" story arc?

Just in case:

Like I mentioned in a previous post (uh... somewhere): never p***-off a redhead.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

poor guy

Postby ambergl on Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:59 am

I think you guys have all been too hard on him. I honestly think he could be a decent guy who truly wants to get to know kestrel better...
ambergl
Junior Keenspotter

Re: poor guy

Postby peri_renna on Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:11 am

ambergl wrote:I think you guys have all been too hard on him. I honestly think he could be a decent guy who truly wants to get to know kestrel better...

He could be. And I bet that's the second half of why Kestrel's still there - besides the 'free food' angle, there's the 'give him a chance' angle.

Although, the way it's going, the latter may be the 'give him enough rope to hang himself' angle. Based on what we know so far, a second date isn't likely. But, as they say, it ain't over 'til it's over.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GE/MU/! d-->+ s:- a--->-- C++ U? P+ L E? W++ N? o?
K- !w O? M+ V? PS+(++) PE(-) Y+ PHP? T?(+) 5? X?
R>+* tv-- b++(+++) DI(+) D G e+>++++ h !r z-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

WheelsOfConfusion: I'm not just the president of the Pedant Club for Losers, I'm also a member.
Raiza, to WheelsOfConfusion: I absolutely refuse to eat your shorts.
Suteben_NP, to SyntaxGlitch: Your gender is no longer in a state of quantum superposition.
Zanzarra: No, peri_renna. Lasagna is not lamb.
SyntaxGlitch: Determining whether I just have a very morbid sense of humor or am ACTUALLY borderline sociopathic will be left as an exercise for the reader.
----
Ursula Vernon: Having a muse is like having a gall bladder, and just as romantic.
----
Avatar from picture by Queen Queeko
Thanks for the anagram, Ferix Stader!
peri_renna
Keenspot Despot

Postby bloodeye on Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:46 am

Well, the thing about inuendo is you just say something. It's the interpration of the other person that makes it dirty. Therefore, she's the one with naughty thoughts, he's just making conversation.... or something.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:49 am

Geez why does it always have to be that the girl just sits there and the man does all the work?
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Maturity mismatch

Postby jbrecken on Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:02 am

GrassyNoel wrote:Geez why does it always have to be that the girl just sits there and the man does all the work?

Because the man should have gone after a woman, not a girl.
jbrecken
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Mira Mira on Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:10 am

Gerbie wrote:Actually accountants do make pretty good money. I was created by one, and am friends with a few. They all have much higher paychecks than I do.

I usually try to get the accountant card when I'm playing Life. All those "Taxes Due" add up.

Gotta say, though, rubbing the comparative suckiness of Kestrel's current financial position in her face was probably not the best way for Jack to make up for his earlier faux pas.
Mira Mira
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:09 pm

He doesn't know that though.

As far as he knows, she works at the toy store. He was probably just being himself when he picked out the restaurant, and himself is looking to be smarmy. The scene from Chasing Amy where Holden and Alyssa are in the MIdway at the skeeball ramp comes to mind at the moment.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Welcome

Postby HiFranc on Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:42 pm

Welcome to Queen of Wands, peri_renna.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Eyeless Blond on Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:36 am

Well he does seem to be a bit nervous, and in some guys nervous means blurthing out the first thing that comes to your mind (guilty of that here from time to time :oops:) The accountant thing doesn't strike me as being either aloof or smarmy, really. She asked a question, he gave an answer. All told he doesn't seem to be doing *that* badly, though he does seem to be making a good show of acting like an idiot.
Eyeless Blond
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:21 am

Yes, well. There is a certain skill to blurting everything out that comes to mind. If he is skilled he come off as charming, and if he's not he come off as crass. It depends on the girl which one she likes.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Irish Witch on Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:38 am

I also have to agree that he's laying it on pretty thick. Especially the attempt at innuendo. After trying to get her fired he should definitely take things slower.

Another alternative is that someone has bribed this guy into getting in a relationship with Kestral in an attempt to keep her from moving.... Course that would be extreme paranoia!
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Bribe

Postby HiFranc on Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:36 pm

The only one who we know who made attempts to stop Kestral moving is Angela and I find it very hard to believe she'd do something like that.

Personnally, I'm wondering if he's so screwed up that trying to get someone fired is his way of saying that he likes them....
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:36 pm

I doubt it.

He just made a mistake. I'm sure what he's doing usually works on most of the girls he dates.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Return to Queen of Wands