QoW Update - comic for 12/03

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - comic for 12/03

Postby Aeire on Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:53 pm

is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Calisto on Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:08 pm

awww we finally get to see the baby :)

Anyone else feel like Kestrel was kinda being the 3rd wheel at the end. Even though she was cracking a funny, she seemed a bit outta place to me :-?
Calisto
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby KitKaru on Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:33 pm

Well, that's kinda why she's moving to Boston at the beginning of the year... Momma and Daddy and Baby make three. Kinda leaves Kestrel out of everything. She knew that when Shannon turned up preggers. That's why she started looking around.

Having a baby changes things. Heck, I'm a confirmed old bachelor and even I know that. Big changes, sometimes. I'm just glad that Felix is feeling the weight of the responsibility that it's gonna entail. Sounds like he'll make a great dad.

For myself, I'm glad for Kestrel's sake she's moving far, far away. That way, she won't get roped into babysitting duty when they want to have a night to themselves. Heck, I would have done the same thing in self preservation. Sure, they're cute as anything you'd care to name while asleep... try thinking that real hard at 2 am when your wee one decides to make like a banshee. Or when a diaper needs changing. Or when the little one vomits all over your expensive shirt/coat/sweater.
KitKaru
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ZotKitty on Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:11 pm

*coughs in disbelief and laughter at the notion of Felix in pretty-princess barrettes*

Yeah, I totally approve of the motive, but wish he could've dyed it blond and kept it long. I think long hair on a guy is attractive. And nowadays, common enough that it isn't a sign of immaturity.

But anyway ... Shannon mentions his natural hair color ... this can't be his natural color; he'd've had to be doing permanent blue dyes to get it as consistently blue as we've seen it (and as Shannon has seen it), wouldn't he? Which means that what we're seeing is his hair dyed as nearly as the stylist could get it/ as nearly as he could remember and find the proper color in the row of do-it-yourself boxes of coloring.

Yes, I'm overanalysing. So sue me.

EDIT: Woot! I jumped a rank in postcount without even noticing it!
ZotKitty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:57 pm

If your hair is blonde it's not to hard to dye it as it starts to grow out. It gets harder as it gets darker, and the bleach destroys the hair. I bleached my hair, it turned out orange, for graduation; it was really wirey and nasty after that for several months.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:49 am

Did Felix dye all his hair blue? Shannon reckons she's never seen the natural colour before. At all.
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ZotKitty on Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:14 pm

GrassyNoel wrote:Did Felix dye all his hair blue? Shannon reckons she's never seen the natural colour before. At all.

Maybe his ...ah... chest hair ;) was naturally a bit darker than the natural color of the hair on his head. I've heard that it happens that way for some people.
ZotKitty
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby communist trees on Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:38 pm

You know, that pretty princess hair clip thing really begs for fanart...

*hint to someone with skill...*
Oh no! My avatar got eaten... *sigh* R.I.P., avatar...
communist trees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Calisto on Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:04 pm

KitKaru wrote:Well, that's kinda why she's moving to Boston at the beginning of the year... Momma and Daddy and Baby make three. Kinda leaves Kestrel out of everything. She knew that when Shannon turned up preggers. That's why she started looking around.

Having a baby changes things. Heck, I'm a confirmed old bachelor and even I know that. Big changes, sometimes. I'm just glad that Felix is feeling the weight of the responsibility that it's gonna entail. Sounds like he'll make a great dad.

For myself, I'm glad for Kestrel's sake she's moving far, far away. That way, she won't get roped into babysitting duty when they want to have a night to themselves. Heck, I would have done the same thing in self preservation. Sure, they're cute as anything you'd care to name while asleep... try thinking that real hard at 2 am when your wee one decides to make like a banshee. Or when a diaper needs changing. Or when the little one vomits all over your expensive shirt/coat/sweater.
Yes, I realize that. I was just asking if it was just me who seemed to see that starting already or if I was seeing too much into it. For the record, I do have kids and know how it goes. We even had someone living with us when the 2nd was born. It was more a comment on perception.
Calisto
Keenspotter Supreme

Oh my gosssh

Postby FearlessWillow on Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:12 pm

Baby Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
cute!!!!

lovers the baby.
FearlessWillow
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:06 pm

Hard not to love pretty babies, til they start screaming or filling their diapers. Unless they're your own. :wink: But yes, baby is beautiful....lots of hair! My mom didn't have hair til she was a toddler, my grandma dressed her in pink and stuck a bow on the top of her head just so people would know she was a girl. Gotta love having a kewpie doll for a daughter. :wink:
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GabrielTane on Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:38 am

Calisto wrote:Yes, I realize that. I was just asking if it was just me who seemed to see that starting already or if I was seeing too much into it. For the record, I do have kids and know how it goes. We even had someone living with us when the 2nd was born. It was more a comment on perception.

Actually, Calisto, I saw the same thing. Myfirst thought in the last panel was "damn I hate it when I'm the 3rd or 4th or 5th wheel".
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Queen of Wands