QoW Update - comic for 11/26

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - comic for 11/26

Postby Aeire on Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:29 pm

Is now up - I am currently on vacation in Colorado, the comic for Monday has been uploaded. Wednesday's comic will be up on the 1st, provided I'm not wiped from the drive back. Hope those of you that celebrate it all had a happy Thanksgiving!
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haesslich on Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:52 pm

You know, it seems almost to have been as traumatic for Kestrel there as it is for some guys, to see a head the size of an average canteloupe get forced through an opening normally the size of a walnut. This'll at least keep her off the baby-wagon for a few years, I suspect. ;)

Hope you enjoy the vacation. :D
Haesslich
Keenspot Despot

Postby mabarosi on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:23 am

Awww Adrienne, what a beautiful name - I've liked it for awhile, actually. It's on the list should I ever have a baby girl - hopefully not for awhile, though.

Big feet, though - strange thing to notice! But I bet Felix thinks they're beautiful feet.
mabarosi
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: QoW Update - comic for 11/26

Postby HiFranc on Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:37 am

Aeire wrote:Is now up - I am currently on vacation in Colorado,

Enjoy your holiday.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Vail on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:15 pm

LOL personally, I think Kestrel should date that doctor, they seem to be the perfect couple....
I used to be Snow White, but then I drifted - Mae West
Vail
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Mutant for Hire on Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:41 pm

Haesslich wrote:You know, it seems almost to have been as traumatic for Kestrel there as it is for some guys, to see a head the size of an average canteloupe get forced through an opening normally the size of a walnut. This'll at least keep her off the baby-wagon for a few years, I suspect. ;)

Look at the direction of Kestrel's arms. I think we can tell exactly what part of her anatomy her hands are protecting defensively.
Mutant for Hire
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:20 pm

*snickers* good point. At least she didn't faint!

Dunno about the rest of the jabber, but the Owie I will DEFINITELY agree with. Wonder how Shannon's doin'.

Have fun in CO, Aerie!
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Irish Witch on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:46 am

Am I the only one who thinks Adrienne is a boys name.. Or am I mis-pronouncing it?

And yeah. Happy holiday Aeire
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:25 am

Adrian is a boy's name. Adrien is the French version, and Adrienne female version. It's a verry pretty name, if you pronounce it "Ah-dree-hen", not "A-dree-an".

At least that's how I pronounce it, with my heavy French accent. :wink:
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby HiFranc on Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:14 pm

Vail wrote:LOL personally, I think Kestrel should date that doctor, they seem to be the perfect couple....

That's true.

Welcome to Queen of the Wands, Vail.
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Irish Witch on Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:36 am

Fleurdelys wrote:Adrian is a boy's name. Adrien is the French version, and Adrienne female version. It's a verry pretty name, if you pronounce it "Ah-dree-hen", not "A-dree-an".

Yeah, ok... Even that way it still sounds like a boys name... The only way I can make it into a girls name is by pronouncing it
Add-ree-enn-a. But even then that's only cause of my irish accent :-)

meanwhile: I guarentee that school kids will call her 'Eddie".
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Haesslich on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:32 am

Mutant for Hire wrote:
Haesslich wrote:You know, it seems almost to have been as traumatic for Kestrel there as it is for some guys, to see a head the size of an average canteloupe get forced through an opening normally the size of a walnut. This'll at least keep her off the baby-wagon for a few years, I suspect. ;)

Look at the direction of Kestrel's arms. I think we can tell exactly what part of her anatomy her hands are protecting defensively.

As I said - an opening that's normally the size of a walnut. :D The observed pain should be enough to keep her biological clock from going 'Ding!' for a few years. ;)
Haesslich
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fleurdelys on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:25 am

I don't think it has to do with a biological clock... More to do with being with someone, happy, and feeling like it's the next step to a relationship. And she's still far from that, I think. :P
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Irish Witch on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:52 am

I have to onsur on that. Even if her biological clock does go 'ding' she needs to find a 'dong' first... And usually that ding happens after that 'dong' has been around for quite some time...

Not to mention that the female perogitive to have children isn't something connected to a clock. It's more something of a para-emotional psychosis brought on by a feeling of security and comfort in a relational environment.

In other words, the desire to actually have children doesn't occure until you've been going steady for a good couple of years!...

Now the desire to 'mate' is sometimes a completely different issue!
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Questions

Postby HiFranc on Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:08 pm

Irish Witch wrote:[...]

Not to mention that the female perogitive to have children isn't something connected to a clock. It's more something of a para-emotional psychosis brought on by a feeling of security and comfort in a relational environment.

Do I take it you're not exactly fond of the idea? ;-)
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby GrassyNoel on Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:58 am

heheh the doctor is teh funney.

What is a 'shot patient'? He doesn't mean someone who's been shot, does he?
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby bloodeye on Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:44 am

Well, I'm sure they can have a lollipop too, but am thinking he's refering to little kids who go in to get their immunization shots.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby RavenxDrake on Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:56 pm

Actually, Addrien(slightly different spelling) was going to be my new Nephew's name when my sister gave birth. Save for the fact that, after having her ultrasound yesterday before going in to induce contractions, they informed her she was in fact the soon to be owner of a bouncing baby GIRL.

:)

After the initial shock wore off, she and her husband worked up a new daughers name (I suggested they keep it as Adrian, but they were naming it after family members, so it had to be changed). So, by tommorow afternoon I should be a new Uncle to Lillian Marie Anderson.

Not that that has anything to do with anyhting, I just like bragging. :D
Emmense arsenal... that's funny.
What? Does my arsenal look big in these pants.
RavenxDrake
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GabrielTane on Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:57 am

Could be worse. I'm the proud uncle to Krysta... yes, she was named after the fairy in Fern Gully. What can I say? My sister loved that movie.

Then, of corse, my brother named his little girl Gabrielle... which darn near cost him dearly. I have been planning to name my first-born son Gabriel (heh. imagine that). If he beat me to the punch, I'd have beat him with a brick. Or two.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Queen of Wands