QoW Update - comic for 11/17

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - comic for 11/17

Postby Aeire on Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:42 pm

Is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Parker on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:18 am

Eek. Bad news for Kestrel. But really, what does the guy have to complain about? So what if she doesn't like his brother?
Parker
Keenspotter Supreme

Jokes

Postby HiFranc on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:28 am

Parker wrote:Eek. Bad news for Kestrel. But really, what does the guy have to complain about? So what if she doesn't like his brother?

His brother came in close to the start of the shift. We don't know what else Kestral said....
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Parker on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:41 am

No, his brother came in at the end of the shift, because he was there to pick Justin up.
Parker
Keenspotter Supreme

Quick check

Postby HiFranc on Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:18 am

Just checked... you're right. :oops:
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amoryl on Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:14 am

well, if you figure he heard nothing else but what she said to him, she honestly didn't say anything worth even getting in trouble over. she didn't swear, or call him names, or insult him in any way other then to comment on his obvious total lack of workplace decorum. in truth, it should be him who's getting a talking to. he's rude, he swears at his co-workers, and he's more then likely not all that pleasant even to customers.

i'm hoping that there's some sort of turned tables thing going on, because if kestrel gets fired for something this stupid then it'll make even the stupidest reason i've ever been fired for seem like a mandate from god.
Amoryl
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RavenxDrake on Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:01 am

While that may be true, Amoryl, that's how we, the objective external viewers saw it.

Presume that you went to pick up a sister, or brother, or close family-member and someone in the store was talking about them behind their backs. That would automatically put you on the defensive, and more than likely to inspire you to complain about that person to management.

And with only one side of the story told to a manager, even if they know the person, they'd be likely to side with the customer over the employee, at least at the outset.
Emmense arsenal... that's funny.
What? Does my arsenal look big in these pants.
RavenxDrake
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GabrielTane on Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:28 am

Maybe he wanted to ask Dawna for Kestrel's number and told her to make it seem like he was complaining. Maybe he's a smarta** and wanted to pull a prank.

Maybe he went in to complain that... oh hell, I don't know.

[/listless pondering]
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:53 am

Eh, I can't exactly see a boss handing over that kind of info.

I see both sides of the coin. Kes didn't exactly commit a cardinal sin, but then again a PO'ed outsider means trouble for anyone. I'm just gonna sit here til Friday and hope she doesn't get canned.

Hey Aeire, howsabout a birthday present, don't have Dawna fire Kes? Pwease? :wink:
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bloodeye on Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:41 am

I really can't see a job loss here. First, the things she said really weren't bad. And then, she turned right around and appoligized for saying them, and then made a compliment.

Sure, in the busniess world anything can happen, but I just don't see it as likely.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby GabrielTane on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:19 pm

I didn't say that Dawna gave him Kes' number, I just said he could have asked for it. Either way, it was just listless ponderings anyway. Heck, for all I know, we could have missed the between-the-scenes part where Kes ripps off her clothes to reveal a leopard skin Jungle Queen outfit, mounted up on her Giant-Elephant steed and rampaged over to this guys house and leveled it.

See... this is what happenes when I get bored. I've been trying to get my friends to jump on a "Keep Gabriel From Getting Bored" fund. Hey, it can save the world (i'm scary when I get bored) and is tax-deductible too!
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TZA on Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:17 pm

Kestrel's a temp. She's waaaaaay low on the food chain of retail work. If she has a nice manager, she should keep her job, but there are at least as many jerkies, if not more, out there than people who have a life. I've been fired for flimsier reasons. If I hadn't already been planning on quitting the job because the pay was totally crappy and they treated the employees like crap, I'd have been on them like white on rice. And the fact that the manager that fired me was telling her husband all about it and she knew her hubby worked with the father of a friend of mine? Yeah, I'd have brought that up, too. If I never have to work retail again, it'll be too soon.
Normal is only a setting on the washing machine
TZA
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:09 pm

Maybe it's going to be a ninja reference.

QoW has yet to have a ninja reference to my knowledge.

They've had a poop joke, anime reference, and video games, but no ninjas.

He could have come back, and asked Dawna if the mouthy redhead was around, jokingly, not knowing she was the manager.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby mabarosi on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:38 pm

Angela wrote:Dude, Justin's brother just came in here and asked if Dawna was around - he left a few minutes ago and he did NOT look happy, he mentioned you...Dawna won't tell me any details, but she said that she needed to talk to you next time you come in.

Okay guys, do not worry, I don't think it's a big deal. I still maintain Justin's Brother likes Kestrel. All he did was he went to ask Dawna for Kestrel's contact details, Dawna told him that Kestrel was leaving town soon and THAT is what made him look unhappy when he left. Dawna wants to talk to Kestrel about Justin's Brother and how he likes her, but being an Evil Boss she likes to make Kestrel squirm. Justin's Brother probably told Dawna how he met her and they had a good laugh about Kestrel and how she put her foot in her mouth - Dawna knows that Justin is a tool, Angela has probably said something about it to her before. So all is okay, let's not overreact, life is fine, no need to panic, only when the red light is flashing and bells are ringing should we be worried.

Of course if I'm wrong and Kestrel is going to be fired - well that just sucks.
mabarosi
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Irish Witch on Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:26 am

There is another option.. Maybe big brother will be getting a job at the store, and she's getting a warning from the boss to behave or else she 'might' be fired!
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Amoryl on Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:57 am

ya know, i've had over a dozen retail jobs and i've never even gotten a write up for something as little as that. i mean maybe a "hey, watch what you say to/around customers." but thats it. and still, the truth is, she was just stating the truth. i don't know what the labor laws are there, but back in illinois (where most of my retail exp was) they needed a more justifiable reason to terminate you. of course here in washington, they can fire you for anything at all. and yeah, i recently got fired for something nearly as stupid. but my boss had it in for me for a while. i don't recall kestral's boss having a pissing contest with her.
maybe the brother was pissed at how his lil bro acted twards his co-workers, complained to the boss and she wants to verify the facts with kestral *shrug*
Amoryl
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Queen of Wands