QoW Update - comic for 11/08

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - comic for 11/08

Postby Aeire on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:58 pm

Is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby PixelHawk on Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:48 pm

Glad you're feeling better! :D
Never piss off a woman who knows how to use power tools
PixelHawk
Keenspotter Supreme

Today's comic

Postby HiFranc on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:25 am

I thought that one only had contractions when the baby was about to be born?

I like that doctor... he's got a good sense of humour. In fact, I'd put good odds on Kestral and him getting together....
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Irish Witch on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:44 am

Contraction start average three weeks before birth. Depending upon the mother, the child and the number of children it can be more or less then that though!

And the Kestral + Doctor thing won't wort at the moment. She only has another month or whatever before she has to move to Boston, remember??
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Moving to Boston

Postby HiFranc on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:47 am

Irish Witch wrote:Contraction start average three weeks before birth. Depending upon the mother, the child and the number of children it can be more or less then that though!

Thank you for the explanation.

And the Kestral + Doctor thing won't wort at the moment. She only has another month or whatever before she has to move to Boston, remember??

I thought it was a year?
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Moving to Boston

Postby Irish Witch on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:55 am

HiFranc wrote:I thought it was a year?

If Shannon is having contractions already then roughly eight months have passed since she went over to look into that job..
One month may have been understating but If she's expected to 'start' in a year then my guess is that she's got another couple of months before having to move because starting work the day you get to town is rediculous. You need nearly a month to make sure you've settled in to your flat, make sure your luggage/furniture hasn't got lost etc... etc.... etc....
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby HiFranc on Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:39 am

Irish Witch wrote:
HiFranc wrote:I thought it was a year?

If Shannon is having contractions already then roughly eight months have passed since she went over to look into that job..

I keep forgetting to take into account that I did most of the archives in just one day.

One month may have been understating but If she's expected to 'start' in a year then my guess is that she's got another couple of months before having to move because starting work the day you get to town is rediculous.

Not that rediculous... I wouldn't recommend it if you have a choice but I've had to do it myself. When I got my last job, I was given two weeks notice that I was starting. Despite trying to find a place before I started, I was still looking for a place whilst I was training for the job (I stayed in a youth hostel, worked during the day and looked for a place in the evening).

{edit}Bear in mind that they currently living in rented accommodation so there's a good possibility that the furniture belongs to the landlord.
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Irish Witch on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:17 am

HiFranc wrote:Bear in mind that they currently living in rented accommodation so there's a good possibility that the furniture belongs to the landlord.

Good point, but not necessarily true. Remember that 'everything' got stolen at one stage. If it was being rented with the flat then the landlords insurance should have covered most of it, but it didn't. They had to try and replace everything....

(I think we're reading too much into this story-line)
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Blue/Black on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:41 am

Shannon better not lose the baby :evil:
OmG LyKE KEsTrEL iS So00ooo HaWt!
Blue/Black
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Irish Witch on Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:13 am

Shannon wont loose the baby. Least I hope not either. The story simply needs to find a new outlet for the concepts!
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Calisto on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:14 am

Contractions can start anytime during a pregnancy. Obviously, when it's too early there's a problem. Which is why they try to stop them.
Calisto
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:45 pm

Indeed, my cousin started having them at 5 months.

However, seeing as Shannon has a decent bump (Halloween costume strip), I'm saying 5-6 months? Maybe farther along? :-?
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby HiFranc on Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:32 am

Irish Witch wrote:
HiFranc wrote:Bear in mind that they currently living in rented accommodation so there's a good possibility that the furniture belongs to the landlord.

Good point, but not necessarily true. Remember that 'everything' got stolen at one stage. If it was being rented with the flat then the landlords insurance should have covered most of it, but it didn't. They had to try and replace everything....

Didn't the police find the stuff and return it?

(I think we're reading too much into this story-line)

You're probably right... ;-)
Francisco
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Queen of Wands