Quick word of appreciation to Aeire

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Quick word of appreciation to Aeire

Postby DaddyCool on Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:25 am

Excuse my ramblings but I just discovered that this project isn't an open ended one so I thought that Aeire may appreciate some thoughts from her adoring public :D

I reached this site only a few weeks ago (4/5) due to an endorsement and link from PVP online.

I immediately went to the archives and started the journey right at the beginning. It wasn't long before I was hooked and thoroughly enthralled with the characters! To see your style and content constantly improve over the two year archive was a real treat!

I'm not sure that this comic is every males "cup of tea" but I pride myself on not being an average joe.

I cannot say I can associate fully with every story arch (e.g. single currently and no kids. Friends are a big part of my life and I've had my share of heart ache and love in equal quantities) but due to the excellent writing and affectionate characters I feel that you have given me a little insight into the lives of others (be they fictional or otherwise) and that can only be a good thing no matter what yard stick you use.

Lastly a big big thankyou for the time you have taken to bring the comic to us readers.

I have unlimited amounts of respect for anyone that opens up themselves to anyone that wants to read, be that with stories based on your personal experiences or simply because you put your artwork out there for everyone to criticise.

I look forward to seeing how this story ends and what adventures you are going to take us on next year :D

Take it easy!

Alex
DaddyCool
Junior Keenspotter

best wishes

Postby jbrecken on Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:09 pm

Get well soon!
jbrecken
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Quick word of appreciation to Aeire

Postby The_Stalker on Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:16 pm

DaddyCool wrote:I'm not sure that this comic is every males "cup of tea" but I pride myself on not being an average joe.

Actually todays comic was quite a few males' cup of tea. You're probably just average.
-Andrew "The Stalker" Watkins CI, Companion to Order of the Knights of Jubal. Proud Uncle/Son of Chade.
Recently revealed to be the leader of the elusive Board-queda organization.

2nd Place MR. CRFH 2005!
The_Stalker
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ambystoma4 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:24 pm

You do know that it was a guest strip right?
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lugnut on Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:13 pm

Indeed it is...one that can be appreciated by women too though. Men always try to cover up dreams that would get them thrashed...but some things won't even be covered up by seven pairs of boxers and two pillows. :wink:
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The_Stalker on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:38 am

Lugnut wrote: Men always try to cover up dreams that would get them thrashed...but some things won't even be covered up by seven pairs of boxers and two pillows. :wink:

I dont, I freely admit that I have no control over my dreams, nor my natural responses to such dreams.... In short, yeah that would be a nice dream.
-Andrew "The Stalker" Watkins CI, Companion to Order of the Knights of Jubal. Proud Uncle/Son of Chade.
Recently revealed to be the leader of the elusive Board-queda organization.

2nd Place MR. CRFH 2005!
The_Stalker
Keenspot Despot

Postby GabrielTane on Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:47 am

Ambystoma4 wrote:You do know that it was a guest strip right?

In DaddyCool's... um... defense?... his post went up before the guest comic was posted. And, since he went through the archives, I'm sure he knows the difference in the guest strips and the real deal.

DaddyCool, that was exactly the reaction I had when I tripped through the archives. I think I linked here after reading the first QoW/SP crossover. My first thought was "should I be worried that, as a straight male, I'm identifying so well with a female comic character?" My second thought was "At 3 in the morning, i don't know that i care all too much".

Hope you feel better soon Aerie!!!
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DaddyCool on Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:14 am

Yeah the current strip wasn't up when I posted the message.

I was trying to NOT go down the "Is Kestrel based on a real person? Does she have a webcam?" road that am sure many guys would like to go down. :P

Tho I am sure Aeire takes such things as a huge compliment to her drawing talent.

While we are on the subject of sex in comics! As someone with the questionable taste of owning all four Urotsukidoji DVD's (In my defense I was a hormone driven teenager) I don't think anyone wants this to turn into some kind of Hentai tentacle-fest???? do they??? :lol:
DaddyCool
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:30 pm

GabrielTane wrote:In DaddyCool's... um... defense?...

I was talking to The_Stalker.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby GabrielTane on Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:33 pm

Ambystoma4 wrote:
GabrielTane wrote:In DaddyCool's... um... defense?...

I was talking to The_Stalker.

Oops! Mah bad! Sorry bout that. :oops:
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:40 pm

No problem.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Blue/Black on Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:10 pm

My first thought was "should I be worried that, as a straight male, I'm identifying so well with a female comic character?" My second thought was "At 3 in the morning, i don't know that i care all too much".

lol same here.

Aiere makes amazing characters that I can identify with. I <3 this comic. :)
OmG LyKE KEsTrEL iS So00ooo HaWt!
Blue/Black
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TZA on Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:08 am

Newbie adding her two cents of appreciation for your effort, Aeire. QoW is fabulous and I'm bummed to hear it's going to be ending. I wait impaitently for each update and have become quite wrapped up in the troubles Shannon's been having. A sign of good writing is when readers connect with your characters, and you've definitely acheived that, so kudos for the excellent work.

The Grammar Nazi comics are awesome. I've printed them out and have them hanging on the wall by my desk as a reminder I'm not the only one that deplores the state of online literacy these days. Truly amusing was the one about the spork. A group of friends and I that write 'Lord of the Rings' fanfiction and rant about the badfic that's out there (mostly on fanfiction.net, fondly dubbed 'The Pit of Voles) will speak of sporking our eyes out when we read a particularly horrid fic. Someone found that Grammar Nazi cartoon and gave us all the link and it was the subject of much amused conversation for awhile. Great minds think alike, I guess. ;)

A friend of mine is so much like Kestrel it's rather freaky. There are things you've had her say that I'd swear I heard my friend say at some point. She's read QoW and likes it, so I'll call her 'Kestrel' sometimes, much to her amusement.
Normal is only a setting on the washing machine
TZA
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Queen of Wands