Comic for 1/11 (how you norteamericanos write it anyhow)

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Comic for 1/11 (how you norteamericanos write it anyhow)

Postby GrassyNoel on Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:20 am

I don't understand - why is it bad for K that it's an election year?
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Luneward on Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:46 am

I dunno... maybe from the odor of all that extra bull and mud in the air that gets thrown around?
I am merely a figment of your imagination.
Luneward
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby crypto on Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:58 am

I've had 5 political calls on my answering machine in under three hours. I'd barely hang up on one before another was calling.

As for Bite size getting laid all I can think is "But Officer she is leagle age. . . I'm not a pediphile!! She's an adult, she's just small!!"
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lugnut on Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:56 am

Heh, I can see Seamus getting called in for groping Ang's tush in public or somethin'. :wink:
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Comic for 1/11 (how you norteamericanos write it anyhow)

Postby The_Stalker on Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:33 am

GrassyNoel wrote:I don't understand - why is it bad for K that it's an election year?

Because the common folk always get f@#ked in the elections, and the politicians never call in the morning. It aint friendly either, this is more "Bend over and take it like a man, big shaft no lube!" I can honestly say I am worse off now than I have ever been, and if Bush is reelected I expect it to get much worse.
-Andrew "The Stalker" Watkins CI, Companion to Order of the Knights of Jubal. Proud Uncle/Son of Chade.
Recently revealed to be the leader of the elusive Board-queda organization.

2nd Place MR. CRFH 2005!
The_Stalker
Keenspot Despot

Postby crypto on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:56 am

The_Stalker wrote:
GrassyNoel wrote:I don't understand - why is it bad for K that it's an election year?

Because the common folk always get f@#ked in the elections, and the politicians never call in the morning. It aint friendly either, this is more "Bend over and take it like a man, big shaft no lube!" I can honestly say I am worse off now than I have ever been, and if Bush is reelected I expect it to get much worse.

Don't look at me if he gets back in, I voted to take out the Trash.
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

smatisfied?

Postby jbrecken on Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:29 pm

Aeire does great facial expressions - Angela's smugly satisfied smile is perfect!
jbrecken
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GabrielTane on Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:02 pm

Same reason it's bad for anyone. I've been fighting the urge to choke my coworkers into silence for weeks now. and the d***ed political cartoons and emails to be put up with. ::shudder::

Now we get to look forward to weeks of "i can't believe [insert winner here] won! it's going to be sooooo horrible now!"

--Vote now! It shuts up the campaigners!--
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:41 pm

:X

I figure, "If you didn't vote, don't b*tch about who gets elected."
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GrassyNoel on Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:26 pm

Oh yeah .. Angela's happy, so Kestrel's miserable, and because it's an election year, Kestrel's doubly sad ...

But if Angela's getting laid regularly, and Kestrel's totally screwed, isn't that more like a similarity? :P
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby GabrielTane on Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:36 pm

I don't want to devolve this into a political discussion, but...

Feel free to b**ch about who got elected even if you didn't vote. Once the Electoral (SP) College is forced to cast thier vote in accordance with their state's majority, they your vote will count. Since, however, they are free to cast thier vote any way they d**n well please, voting is doing nothing than expressing your opinion and hoping. But then, there's nothing wrong with that so...
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:07 pm

GabrielTane wrote:Since, however, they are free to cast thier vote any way they d**n well please, voting is doing nothing than expressing your opinion and hoping. But then, there's nothing wrong with that so...

I don't want to turn it into a political discussion either, but I was left under the impression that a vote was as important than ANY vote. Those colleges and stuff in America leave me highly suspicious of those american elections. Majority is 50% +1 vote. Not points... Ah well. Don't mind me.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:34 pm

That's just something they tell people to get them to vote.
Just like America is a democracy. It's not; it's a republic.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Return to Queen of Wands