For those who want randomness

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Postby IAreMoocow on Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:44 am

Lugnut wrote:Eh, I know that that sounds pretty funny, but I worry about how his wife looked. Usually even if the family has moved stateside a woman gets the raw end of the deal when someone's butt gets trounced.

This past weekend has to have been the worst one I've had in ages. Broke up with my boyfriend on Friday, sat at home sick Saturday, and had a friend die in a plane crash Sunday. Stick a fork in me, I'm done...I can honestly say this is the first time I've been glad to see a Monday come. :-?

Ack... :\
Beyond Captivity, my little corner of insanity. Or something like that.

Have you ever licked a nine volt battery? Me neither. I hear it tastes like celery.
IAreMoocow
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:52 pm

:o
Yes.

Rough weekend.

:(
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Arnoturoth on Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:50 am

I am so sorry to hear that. I had all that happen to me within a year, but a weekend....... I bow to your greatness.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:57 am

Greatness my arse. I think I'm just worn down to the point that the numbness has finally set in. And no, I'm not looking for a pity party, I'm just typing what's on my mind...this *is* the randomness thread, after all :wink:

Thank Goodness for Chef Boyardee. Mm...Lunch.
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:29 pm

This weekend, daylight saving time ends.

*sobs*

Means that here, it will be dark at 4, very soon.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TruthSeeker on Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:27 pm

I love summer for the nights, cuz it's nice to wear shorts and a t-shirt outside and be comfortable. Winter is great because the nights are a much larger portion of a 'day'. I really love the mystic of darkness, if you couldn't guess. Plus, I don't have to deal with people... a definite plus for anyone in a customer service position.
"Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone."
TruthSeeker
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Arnoturoth on Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:24 am

Yea it kinda sux for me cause I live in TX and during the winter, all we get is a nice cool breeze...... no seriously, it gets freezing but never any snow. Well, at least any that sticks to the ground.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:08 am

I'm sorry...but HA! I get snowed in up to my ears come winters. Well, not always...see, I live north of Chicago. So sometimes we get snow, but it all ends up in Lake Michigan thanks to the 50 mph winds. I never knew the sensation of having my boogers freeze til I moved here. :-?
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby IAreMoocow on Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:36 pm

Not to mention the odd "Hrm, guess I didn't dry my hair well enough cause it's frozen now" bit.

Much love for Chicago.
Beyond Captivity, my little corner of insanity. Or something like that.

Have you ever licked a nine volt battery? Me neither. I hear it tastes like celery.
IAreMoocow
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:37 pm

Arnoturoth wrote:Yea it kinda sux for me cause I live in TX and during the winter, all we get is a nice cool breeze...... no seriously, it gets freezing but never any snow. Well, at least any that sticks to the ground.

I'm kind of glad we don't get that much snow here. It's nice not having to deal with snow, ice, and being wet.

So far my favorite place for winter is the Mojave Desert when it's about 40
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Arnoturoth on Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:04 pm

yea, we texans don't really know what snow is, we get snowdays once every 3 years.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:58 pm

Ha.

Last December, we got over 70cm in one week, 40cm on the first day. That would be... hmmm, something between 35 and 40 inches. In one week. And they actually closed the schools on the first day, and they NEVER do that. We usually get around 4 or 5 feet of snow (total) every winter, here.

And the worst roads in all North America.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:59 am

wow, we get 2 inches and everything closes down. I mean, goodness knows what would happen if we acctually got that much snow. We'd probably die.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby UU8 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:26 am

/waves from lurk land

I thought this was funny and informative: sage advice from Neil Gaiman's personal assistanct, posted to Neil's blog

http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/2004/ ... advice.asp

on tiny little do's and don'ts as far as sending things to your favorite writer, though it might be just as useful when sending things to your favorite web-comic artist?
UU8
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:41 am

I want snow. I'm looking forward to snow. I'm just not looking forward to the bitter ass-biting cold that comes with it.

And Moocow....heh, forgot about the hair thing. My sister goes to the barn (she's a riding instructor) with a wet head...she steams as she walks out the door. I don't know how she's not gotten pneumonia yet *knocks on wood for her sake*

That Neil Gaiman piece is sage advice. I'd say the same rules apply for webcomickers, too :)
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:56 pm

I love snow. We usually get a whole lot of snow, followed with deadly colds. Ah, the joy of going out in the morning to have your nostrils stuck because of the cold. Thank god I got a new car, mine didn't start when it was below -40.
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby RavenxDrake on Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:49 pm

I love cold and snow. I don't even need pants unless it's below freezing. I wear shorts, just before you get THAT idea, but I don't need long heavy clothing unless it's unbelievabllly freezing.

Heh, my first semester at college I was in the Mountains of NC, and the university was closed for snow for only the fifth time since it was opened. Of course, that was cause we got about two and half feet and the whole county shut down in a state of emergency. It was great, there was a 24 hour curfew in place, so of course all the students were out having a huge snowball fight across campus.
Emmense arsenal... that's funny.
What? Does my arsenal look big in these pants.
RavenxDrake
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Arnoturoth on Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:38 am

yea, I'm not into the whole snowballfight thing unless there is a rock in the middle of the snowball.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:42 pm

Dammit it was YOU!!! :wink:

I love a good snowball fight. I tend to play Snowball Sniper personally...lie in wait, then peg someone before they realize there's a snowball fight goin' on. Then you run like hell praying for no ice. :D
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:06 pm

Yea, that was my brother russ, he was the sneak attack, Rick was the Bum rush attack, Jack was the air attack (it includes alot of prepositioning of trapalines), Beth was the decoy, and I was the rock thrower. The poingt was that after a while of throwing plain snowballs, I was to throw one with a huge rock in it and then run for my life in hopes that they can't remember anything when they wake up. Usually they were too scared to tll on us. Ahhhh, the Fort family get togethers.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:29 pm

I have a friend who actually had a concussion because of ice in snowballs.

I now stay away from those fights. You tend to do that after seeing your friend drive away in an ambulance. Oh, he was fine. Just very very scared.
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:40 pm

Oy. Ow. Ick.

I saw someone get coshed with an ice balloon once. That kid didn't see daylight for WEEKS....I'm talking fracture. Broke his cheekbone and blacked the hell out of his eye. Ow. I'll stick with just the good old *poof* snowballs. Innocent fun...even if it gets in yer eye, the stuff melts. :wink:
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:56 pm

yea, I don't do it anymore, the kid stuff isn't as fun as it used to be.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:16 pm

I don't totally agree... :D costumes are fun, snowballs, jumping in leaf piles, chocolate cake for breakfast, it's all grand. :wink:
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:54 pm

It can be a lot of fun especially if you haven't done it in a while. It's all about sponteneity.

A lot of the adult stuff can be more fun then the kids stuff. I can think of several thing I can do now that I couldn't as a kid. Like BBQ in the snow. Kneeboard behind a truck when the streets are iced over.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Queen of Wands