For those who want randomness

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Postby Arnoturoth on Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:19 pm

"dude, you two must have espn or something!!!!", thats what my mother-in-law would have said. But that is pretty gravy that you two are smarter than me cause now I can get help on my homework :D
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:37 pm

Go to Fleur for french, me for spanish or italian. :D No math qs for me tho. :D
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:19 pm

I was just joking, I don't really have homework anymore, but I was just bored and didn't know what to say, right now I'm going to bed cause I have had lack of sleep for a week now and tonight will be the night for z's
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:38 pm

I love those nights where you go to bed knowing you don't have to get up in the morning and you have nothing planned for the rest of the day.

Sleep is good. :D
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Arnoturoth on Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:26 am

I haven't had one of those mornings in a while, its ust been straight work.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:08 pm

Oh, sleep... That's what weekends were created for. By a brilliant, brilliant person.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:55 pm

my weekends come about every 2 weeks or so, but I'm gonna be able to sleep in on sunday so, that'll be good.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TruthSeeker on Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:32 am

Sleep is one of those things that only falls into extreme categories. I'll either avoid it avidly, or indulge in it endlessly. I love dreams, but I usually don't remember any unless I sleep an entire day away. Needless to say, haven't done that since getting a job.

On a side note, check this out.
"Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone."
TruthSeeker
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Arnoturoth on Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:22 am

Yea, I love dreams too and I have them all the time. But the freaky thing is that its always about work. My fiance will wake up in the middle of the night to me asking "would you like tomatoes and red onions on that?"
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:03 am

I had a dream last night, don't remember all of it, I just remember Brian May (the guitarist from Queen) was in it, and that he was playing the guitar, but he was playing it backwards (high notes when he had his fingers on low ones). Weird stuff, I'm telling you.

I'm sleep deficient too though...went to bed around midnight....got woke up around 3 by my dad....5ish by my semiboyfriend...and managed to sleep through my alarm clock, woke up at 8:20 (I'm supposed to be in my office at 8:30), had to do my mad-dash no shower hair in a clip and plenty of deodorant 10 minute prep, and bust arse to work. Almost got into a wreck en route, 'cause a car behind me wasn't watching what it was doing and nearly rearended me, would have if I hadn't ditched for it...now I'm here. Stick a fork in me, I'm done! :-?
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TruthSeeker on Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:08 pm

I love living in California. Since it's been raining there have been an almost uncountable number of accident, a high yield resulting in someone's demise. I saw two myself just on a 20 minute drive to get supplies from another store.

...but, since you've reminded me, has anyone ever worked a coffee shop or the like? You know how sometimes people will ask you for a hot-sleeve by making a jacking-off motion with their hand? That makes my day better--other peoples' stupidity. Then I think about elections and it makes me cringe.
TruthSeeker
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:22 pm

Never worked in a coffeeshop.

I do work in the IT industry where the end users amuse me to no end.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Arnoturoth on Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:33 pm

I worked in starbucks for a while, and that is hilarious, even when its a 10 y/o boy, its so wrong, but they are so darn cute when they have no idea what you're laughing at.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:49 am

heh....I usually stick with a round-the-cup motion instead of the whacking off one. Saw a woman earlier today do one better though, she gave it a two-handed job. Working both ends against the middle, I guess...either that or her hombre's hung like a horse. Who knows. Either way talking about coffee is making me want more. And it's quarter to 3 in the afternoon. *&^!.

I'm getting a sinus headache. This is not my day. I need more coffee. LOTS more coffee. :-?
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

So that's why they're grouchy in the morning...

Postby TruthSeeker on Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:46 pm

I'm thoroughly convinced at this point that my work is purposely trying to make me a caffeine junkie. After completing a 'training node' that required my intake of 2 shots, 8 presses, 3 cups of coffee and 3 cafe drinks in 2 hours I was a jittering MESS! I couldn't stop my hand from shaking and that's when I wasn't fiddling with something (anything) for a greater part of the day.

What gets me is that this is required for training! I think they're just making me hopelessly addicted to caffeine so they profit from me even if I don't work there!
TruthSeeker
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:23 pm

That almost made me choke. :D

I was reading it thinking training node lots of coffee that sounds about right. Training node usually means I'm sitting in an uncomfortable chair in a conference room rying to stay awake.

Then I realized that you work for a coffee shop, and your "training node" had hazing elements to it. :)

The first one is always free.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby TruthSeeker on Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:22 pm

Ha! I worked for a grocery store once and their 'hazing' was that I find something in "the back" called a 'pallet stretcher'. Now obviously those do not exist, but I thought it did. ...but it gets better.

I was like "i don't even know what it is, what it looks like.... anything!" SO, I decided "feh, I'm not even gonna look. I'll just sit in the break room for an hour, then come back and say I couldn't find it."

Heh heh heh. I come back and they're all like "ha ha, foooled you" and I was like.... "Yeah, heh heh... you got me good. Whew, you jokers, you."
TruthSeeker
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Arnoturoth on Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:28 am

yea, nothing like that has ever happened to me before. It's just work work work. yeaturday was a fun day cause I got to bitch out both managers and 2 customers. I got fired and re-hired like 4 times. Then I had to walk home from wok (which is 3 hours) and now I have to go to school. So, I'm just gonna sleep throuh my classes and then go back to work in a bitchy fit.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:42 am

Going into work with your nose out of joint can be quite fun. I'm trying my best not to do so though, because at the moment, I practically live in my office.

If I drank that much coffee I'd have to call an ambulance. I've got a bum ticker, so with that much caffeine, I'd probably go into cardiac arrest. Then again workman's comp suits are fun. :wink:

Yesterday I didn't get out of the office til almost 7...today will probably be the same...at least today I didn't have to rush here after finishing a hell's fury of a midterm. Instead I get to sit here and wonder how I did. Joy!

...and I just got done talking to and trying to help a woman wanting to know about colon transplants. Jesus H. Christ. (Yes, I work for a medical organization, but it's less about the actual practice of medicine, and more about medical education. Sheesh!)
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TruthSeeker on Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:57 pm

Walking to work never was all that... but getting to bitch out your boss and customers all at the same time?? That makes you my new hero! :D

Since people are in a rush to get new body parts, can I have one too?? How about bionics, do you have those? :o Ooo!! --and nanomachines that harness bio-electric power!
TruthSeeker
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:37 pm

Colon transplant? That's new one. Most people want something like a new heart, lung, or liver.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fleurdelys on Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:48 am

I'm a teacher. That implies a lot of things.
1) A whole lot of coffee. One at home before I leave, one on the road (it's half an hour), one between each class (afternoon? bah!). The good thing about coffee is that it's good for headaches, too.
2) Being in a good mood. Having a bad day? You can't let it show, because the students will feel it, and react consequently to that. And you don't want 30 students thinking you're an asshole that morning, because you'll end up with 30 assholes against you.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:53 am

No kidding. I remember the line from "Mona Lisa Smile". "They can smell fear". Sad thing is it's true. They can smell 'pissed off' too. :-?
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:47 am

Damn right we can! But then again, when one of my teachers are bitchy they tell me to come into afterschool tuts. and we bitch at each other till they feel better. Oh, an I slept most of the weekend cause I only had to work nights, so, me feel oh so much better. And my manager was out of work for 2 days, then he came back and it turns out that his wife (the owner) kicked his ass for being an asshole. I was laughing all day yesterday cause he had a black eye, and he's eater Indian. ( I'm not prejudice or anything, but just imagin that in your mid)
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:18 am

Eh, I know that that sounds pretty funny, but I worry about how his wife looked. Usually even if the family has moved stateside a woman gets the raw end of the deal when someone's butt gets trounced.

This past weekend has to have been the worst one I've had in ages. Broke up with my boyfriend on Friday, sat at home sick Saturday, and had a friend die in a plane crash Sunday. Stick a fork in me, I'm done...I can honestly say this is the first time I've been glad to see a Monday come. :-?
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Queen of Wands