For those who want randomness

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Postby Arnoturoth on Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:16 pm

yea, even though I want to kill his parents, its cool. Plus, I just got paid today so I'm all happy. I saw these cool wings at the halloween shop in the mall, and they are black and shiny and they are only $10. So, I'm gonna be a fairy pirate for halloween!!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Jesyka
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:11 pm

In-laws are evil. My husband keeps saying he was lucky with my parents. I keep saying I wish I could say the same.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby blueblack on Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:06 pm

Isn't 'w/' some sort of net-speak - grammar nazi !!! I can be wrong though, as I'm absolutely not into that subject - I close every post I find such things in.
Jesore

No, it predates the net. I use it and other shortcuts in my class notes to help keep up with the lecturer (none of whom have uttered the phrase "laughing out loud" in class). To write in abbreviations on a web forum may be lazy, but is not necessarily "1337."

What, am I no longer allowed to write "Mr." when I have enough time and space to write "Mister"?

Random indeed.
res severa verum gaudium
blueblack
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Arnoturoth on Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:34 pm

yea, shortcuts are always great in the note writing category. My teacher goes so friggin fast that everyone just takes partial notes and hopes that other people have the rest.

Jesyka
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:39 pm

Had one of my pedagogy classes in university, it was so boring, it was just notes and notes and reading the book (written by the teacher, so if you read the book, he pretty much said the same thing in class). My three friends and I made a deal... We each had a week when we went, took notes for the three others, and then were free for three weeks.

I got an A. Who said learning was hard?

Couldn't have done that in many classes... but hey, one easy class out of 50, it helped healing my sanity for a while.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:26 am

I miss classes where all the students have to do is keep up with the syllabus.
I actually have to go to all of my classes now, or else I'll fall behind. Stupid two years into an engineering degree.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Arnoturoth on Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:10 am

yea, I'm getting my Culinary Arts Degree. I want to open a resturant someday. But the way things are going now, I don't have the time or the money to to anything. At least I have my faithful pet to do my bidding. His name is Mr. Rubber Rat.

Jesyka
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:29 pm

Found this website... Some stories are good, some are bad, most of them are probably fake, but some actually really freaked me out.

Example?

These are true events that happened to my older sister. They took place before I was born but my mom has always told us about them.
We were never the richest of families. So when my sister was born my mom gladly bought a baby crib at a yard sale for half the price she would have paid at any store.

Well that doesn't sound too bad, does it?

Not long after my sister started sleeping in the crib strange things started to happen. My mom would wake in the middle of the night thinking that my sister was crying only to find her asleep and the crib rocking violently on its own. After a few nights of attempting, with no luck, to get my sister to sleep in the crib, my mother decided to throw it out. She though that would be the end of the occurrences, but she was wrong.

When my sister was growing up she seemed to have an imaginary friend. From the time she was old enough to focus on anything until she was around five. She would tell my mother about a little girl that would hurt her. My sister described this girl as being like any other little girl but as pale as flour, with long, jet black hair that hung about waist length, a pale yellow Easter dress with matching gloves, sun hat, and basket, but the most distinct feature was her crimson red eyes that still haunt my sisters dreams.

This little girl and my sister seemingly grew up together. As she got older so did the red eyed girl. The little girl made many attempts to harm my sister. On one particular occasion my sister was taking a bath and all of a sudden the lights went out and when the lights came back on the little girl was there. The lights went out for a second time and my sister said she could see the little girls glowing red eyes coming towards her, then she felt like her head was being forced down towards the water. She screamed for my mother, but by the time my mother made it in the bath room the lights came back on and the little girl was gone.

Many other occurrences had happened, eventually my mother had had enough and decided to move from that house.

We never saw the little girl again after we moved.

Like I said, most are fake. But hey, still entertaining. I never met a ghost myself, and I don't want to, but I've heard about some stories...
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:03 am

yea, that was pretty scary. Me, myself, I know ghosts are real. And they like to fuck with the house and it pisses me off. They never really do anythung scary like that, but sometimes they can do mean stuff to people.

Jesyka
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:13 am

OOO Ghost stories!

We lived in a house back south that was haunted. Some of it was creepy (we'd hear breaking glass, but upon inspection nothing was broken) or just goofy. Our big brass chandelier from the dining room had all the screws loosened so that the plate holding it to the ceiling cut loose...so it was hanging by the wires. Our HUGE Christmas tree fell (we had a 100+ lb toolbox sitting on the base, it fell AWAY from the box and flipped the box), all the glass ornaments on top of the tree were crushed, but the glass ones underneath were fine.

Goofy stuff, I tell ya.
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:14 pm

I lived in a weird house a few years ago. Nothing happened to me, persay, I never saw or heard anything, but my cat did go bezerk on some nights, refusing to come up the stairs, or meowing like crazy at 3 in the morning, its tail as big as a squirrel. My cousin claimed she saw someone standing by my bedroom door, a little girl staring at the knob, one night she came to sleep at my house. She tried waking me up, but says I never did. When the little girl finally walked out of the bedroom, my cousin jumped out of her sleeping bag and ran out directly to my uncle, who was sleeping on the couch.

My boyfriend, when we were just going out, heard strange things on the first (and only) time he came to sleep, on New Years Eve. He had kicked my surprisingly annoying cat out of the bedroom (she hated him with a passion), shutting the door, and woke up about an hour later, hearing a purr right next to his ear, as if the cat was sleeping on his pillow. There was nothing there, of course, my cat being out of the bedroom. It freaked him out pretty much, and he woke me up. Had trouble doing it, too, he had been shaking me for nearly 10 minutes when I finally mumbled to him to let me go, and fell asleep again. I blamed the champagne then, not really wanting to believe I had the ghost of a cat haunting my bedroom.

I moved since then. And as I said, I've always laughed at those people. Hey, we lived there for 14 years, and nothing ever happened to us. Aside maybe from my mom's dreams about the devil, but she's been having them since she was a little girl. Freaky.
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:09 pm

O.o oy.

I just have my total irrational fear of spiders. I hate the damned things. Of course my room being in the basement makes for OH SO MUCH FUN when it comes to those things. I hate killing them too, 'cause I never get them on the first strike, so then I'm hollering and chasing a very fast slightly wounded and very PISSED spider around my room. Plus my parents' floor is my ceiling, so when I'm trying to kill the gravity defying ones, I wake them up. Joy.
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:35 am

Try spraying them with Lysol first. According to a friend of mine who also hates spiders, it stuns them long enough for her to turn them into a former spider goo.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fleurdelys on Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:52 am

We had mice for a while... They were living in my room, in the wall. I kept saying I could hear something scratch, but they laughed and told me it was in my dream.

Until the day one of them ran between my mom's legs. Oh, the fun!
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:26 pm

Been there, done that, had my mom flip a wig 'cause she saw 'something'. I'd seen a mouse bold faced and bare assed a few days prior, and she told me I was nuts. 'course when one scoots across the floor when she's present, it's gospel...not to mention hilarious. She was overweight at the time, and she hauled major mass chasing it with the Swiffer.
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:50 am

yea, we have a mouse, but it never stays inside. It always runs inside, half way to the kitchen and then back out again. I think its cute but my mother-in-law (who likes to dictate everyone elses life) got a mouse trap and put in my livingroom. As soon as I get home today, I'm gonna throw it away. :lol:
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:21 pm

You'll find it much less cute when it attacks your furniture and food and starts bringing friends. :D
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:17 am

Yea, I know. I'm just wierd like that.I've always liked things that normal girls think are gross. Makes for better fun for Halloween!
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:46 am

The humane mouse traps are excellent remedies...just use one of those. Then if you've got a tank or a gerbil cage, instant pet! I know that sounds nutso but one of my pals has a 'feral' mouse as a pet, and Gizmo's a total peach. I just can't let her get too close to my prairie dog....She'd be like "Hot damn! Something to bully!!!"
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:45 am

that is so cool, I wish I had a prarie dog. Or one of those things in Afria that are just like them, I think they are muscrats or something.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:20 pm

Meerkats, actually...those are actually closer to ferrets. Nemo's more like a gopher. :D She's goofy though. Got out today. I keep a bag of froot loops in my room for homework snacking...found her in it. :o :wink:
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:20 pm

Meercats, probably... Get a ferret. Same thing, only smellier. I think it's the same family. Did Timon smell?
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:21 pm

Well yes, Lugnut, we post at the same time, and I look like the girl who didn't read your post.
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:26 pm

That's creepy...we had to have posted two seconds apart from one another. :o Great minds, right? :D
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:28 pm

Exactly :P The fun thing is that we said the same thing. Otherwise I would have looked like a fool.
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Queen of Wands