For those who want randomness

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Postby GabrielTane on Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:00 am

Ambystoma4 wrote:I don't think spraying mace inside a SUV is the best idea...

Good point. With as cavernous as those things can be, you have to worry about things like tornados (in the event you have half of the vents closed), sea-breezes off the non-sunward side, Coriolis Storms... just all kinds of things that would send the mace back into your face. (/shameless sarcasm)
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:04 am

Close range fire is a bit less dangerous. But nobody's called me on either weapon yet....best case scenario they stfu, worst case scenario they're on the shoulder.

I've only done it a couple times, besides. One time in particular it was richly deserved....fellow thought the fact that he'd drank almost a whole bottle of Johnny Red gave him unlimited groping rights. He picked the bayonet. I started to pull it out of its case and he jumped over the guy beside him and out the door. I figured in his case it was best he sit outside for a minute...he got sick...came back, apologized, and rode the whole rest of the way in the back end sitting on a Hefty bag. Safe to say he and Johnny don't buddy around anymore. Good times!
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GabrielTane on Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:16 am

Lugnut wrote:Close range fire is a bit less dangerous. But nobody's called me on either weapon yet....best case scenario they stfu, worst case scenario they're on the shoulder.

I've only done it a couple times, besides. One time in particular it was richly deserved....fellow thought the fact that he'd drank almost a whole bottle of Johnny Red gave him unlimited groping rights. He picked the bayonet. I started to pull it out of its case and he jumped over the guy beside him and out the door. I figured in his case it was best he sit outside for a minute...he got sick...came back, apologized, and rode the whole rest of the way in the back end sitting on a Hefty bag. Safe to say he and Johnny don't buddy around anymore. Good times!

*blink... blink*
Hmmm...
*pulls out pocket notebook*
"Note:
    Don't call Lugnut's bluffs
    Don't get drunk near Lugnut (and act like an a**hat)
    Don't doubt Lugnut carries a big bayonet."

Got it.

:wink:
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:44 pm

You learn quickly, young grasshopper. :wink:
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:51 pm

Yea, I don't use weapons if guys grope on me. I just grab the balls and twist. But come to think of it I haven't done that in a while since this one sicko enjoyed it. It was funny as fucks to see a guy cum cause of it, but nasty at the same time. Had to go wash my hand like 5,000 times. I still never use that hand to eat finger foods.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:06 am

....uhm.....eww?
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GabrielTane on Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:24 am

Lugnut wrote:You learn quickly, young grasshopper. :wink:

That's what I get for working with an office full of women. I learn when to shut up, when to listen, and (most importantly) to take notes when they are complaining about thier spouses. I've assembled quite the list of how not to screw up a good thing... now I just need to work on having a good thing to not screw up.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fleurdelys on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:03 pm

I'd use that in my flirting techniques if I were you. It would work with me, for sure.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GabrielTane on Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:48 pm

tried it before. i do seem to impress some when I tell them that, not only do i do my own laundry (and iron), but I can fold a fitted-sheet. but overall, not exactly stressing over too many prospects. must be my breath :wink:

seriously, i'm just not around the "wow this is a great guy to settle down with" types that much. which is a good thing for right now.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:18 am

Well, you never know. A girl could walk up to you, sweep you off your feet and break you knee caps... and you'd love her for it. It'll happen one day.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GabrielTane on Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:26 am

Arnoturoth wrote:Well, you never know. A girl could walk up to you, sweep you off your feet and break you knee caps... and you'd love her for it. It'll happen one day.

:lol: OK... yeah, that? That I'm writing down. 'break your kneecaps'. hehehe. I like it.

And you're right. I'd probably love her for it. Got this bad habbit of unconditionally caring about the person i'm with. I wonder if there's a 12-step program for that. :wink:
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Irish Witch on Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:09 am

I have a feeling it's actually 13 steps. The last one being unlucky enough to get your kneecaps broken a second time! :-)
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GabrielTane on Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:45 am

I'm not sure about the knee-cap thing, but I have done the "lets ignore the problems we've had before and date again". Twice. With two different ex's. They didn't break my knee-caps (i'm sure one of them wanted to), but I will say I've learned my lesson about dating someone a second time.... hopefully.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:32 am

*Starts taking notes*

My ex is all but assuming that he and I are going to get back together, when he's ready. RIIIGHT.

BTW, in the spirit of randomness...

It's my birthday! Seriously. :)
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GabrielTane on Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:46 pm

Happy B-Day again... I left you one on Predictions.

The one bit of advise I give to any of my friends that are contemplating getting back together with thier ex is this...

Whatever problems you broke up over the first time, those problems will still be there.

Both times I re-dated an ex, we broke up again over exactly the same things.

I guess there are exceptions to every rule, but from my experiances and what I've seen from freinds, I've never met an exception to this one.

Wheeeeeee.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:21 pm

I'm not an acception but I got you beat. I dated a guy 5 diffrent times within 5 years, and that include him going to the nut house twice and overdosing on coke (the drug) and being locked up for dealing. Then we went out 2 times after all that. I finally got the picture and just forgot about him. DAMN!!! That felt good, never really told anyone that be-4. Gold star for me!!!!
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fleurdelys on Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:10 pm

I think I said it once before, but I can't find the post. When you break a plate, you can try to glue it back, but you'll always see the crack. Starting a relationship anew is a nice intention, but the faults, mistakes, and the whole reason the couple broke up in the first place are still there, waiting for the good moment (or the worst, depending on the point of view) to come back and destroy it all again.

And I'm pretty sure you don't get used to breaking up with someone, especially not if it's always with the same person. In my opinion, a couple is already doomed when the only way to not chop each other's head is to "take a break". It should be the last one. And I mean the very, very last.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:02 am

Yea, I understand. but some thins are meant to be broken ad if you tried to fix it and it didn't work, throw it away, don't try again.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:15 pm

Fleurdelys wrote:When you break a plate, you can try to glue it back, but you'll always see the crack. Starting a relationship anew is a nice intention, but the faults, mistakes, and the whole reason the couple broke up in the first place are still there, waiting for the good moment (or the worst, depending on the point of view) to come back and destroy it all again.

I agree with all of this, but damnit some of my Xs are hot. I never end up doing anything about it though. It's a mental block where they just end up getting ignored for some else in the vicinity.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fleurdelys on Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:37 pm

Ambystoma4 wrote:It's a mental block where they just end up getting ignored for some else in the vicinity.

And it's the best gift you can ever give yourself. I've been hurt enough to know that letting your mind relive something that hurt you once can only lead to further pain.
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:56 am

Awwwww, I think I'm gonna cry..... :cry:
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Irish Witch on Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:18 am

Arno. I hope for your sake that was meant in jest..
It was way too derogative otherwise.

Just a word of wisdom.
Love hurts...
Everybody deals with that differently..
But sometimes, dealing means playing the cards a second time and seeing what you did wrong!
Irish Witch
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:11 pm

Like forgetting to take the jokers out or using a pinochle deck instead of a normal one.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fleurdelys on Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:06 pm

Or just being unlucky at cards and dealing a bad hand.

I don't gamble. I'm bad at it. And I certainly won't invest in gambling. I'll put energy in something thats worth it.
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:36 pm

It can be fun. Or course card games means drinking games with my friends.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Queen of Wands