For those who want randomness

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Postby Arnoturoth on Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:36 am

yea, I know, but I was "forced" to become an adult not long after my brother passd away cause everyone else was sulking all the time and never did anything but cry, so I had to take care of myself.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:05 am

Zoinks. I guess that makes sense. Sorry to hear 'bout your brother. :-?
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:05 pm

its cool, no hard feelings, it was when I was young anyways. can't really remember much about him, only what my family tells me.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:24 pm

Still, doesn't make it any easier. Memories have a nasty habit of filling their own holes. I wish I could remember how my great grandmother made peach cobbler. My mom's is still awesome (eating it now), but great grandma magic is hard to repeat. :(
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:54 am

Yea, I'm going to run my own resturaunt soon and my grandmother is planning all the food, my mother is planning all the financial shit, and my sister is planning decorations. I can't do anything but go to classes and relearn how to cook.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The_Stalker on Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:50 pm

Lugnut wrote:I wish I could remember how my great grandmother made peach cobbler. My mom's is still awesome (eating it now), but great grandma magic is hard to repeat. :(

I know the secret to all Great Grandma recipes, actually starting from scratch. And in my experiance, Grannies and Great Grannies arent afraid of fat, cholesterol, or carbs, talk about comfort foods..... Cobblers are best if made from cake flour, baking powder, and salt, not Self Rising flour. Yeah its quicker and cheaper to use SRF but its just not the same.

The thing I will always remember about my Great Grandma Morgan's funeral was that everyone in town brought one of her "secret" recipes to the wake. And afterwards they all wanted a copy of her recipe book, to remember her by. South Georgia cooking, mmmm...... memories.
-Andrew "The Stalker" Watkins CI, Companion to Order of the Knights of Jubal. Proud Uncle/Son of Chade.
Recently revealed to be the leader of the elusive Board-queda organization.

2nd Place MR. CRFH 2005!
The_Stalker
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lugnut on Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:11 am

My Mom did the same thing with my great grandmother...everybody sent in recipes...she's still working on 'bookifying' them. :D
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:45 pm

Yea, all of the recipies that I'm going to use has been passed down for generations, so carbs are a must!!!! When you eat mt food you know you"ll die soon, so much yummy cholesterol. Food's so good you can see through the bag.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Arnoturoth on Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:28 pm

Christmas is comming, what is everyone doing?
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:56 pm

Undecided.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to work the day before and day after due to still being the newb here at work.

My family may come out here, or I may go up to Tulsa. I'm not quite sure. I don't even know what I'm going to do for Thanksgiving yet.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fleurdelys on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:09 pm

Fighting with my mother-in-law about her doing her party at the same time as my own family. My husband's parents are separated. Result? 2 parties on his side. My parents are still together. Result? Still two parties, but not a big deal if we don't go to one of them. We usually manage to skip one of my parties to go to one of his, and manage the two others. Only THIS year, to go to mine, we'd have to miss my mother in law's because she decided to put it the day my family does it each year.

Her response to my husband's complaints? "Well does she really has to go to hers?"

"Mom, she only has one. We always go to both of mine, I'm not going to ask her to miss the only one she has in her family."

*snaps* "Well she's making you miss yours."

Result? Guilty husband who doesn't know what to do. Gnn. Hate. Hate Hate.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:40 pm

...perhaps being single has its perks!

On the pro, no fighting over who's goin' where, when. Also no worries about goofy food or poorly chosen gifts.

On the con, being the only one at the table sans company, having to field the questions as to why I'm guy-free. Crap almighty damn, I ain't even 22 yet. :-? Doesn't help that my 19 year old sister is practically engaged, but *shrugs* what'chagonnado, right?
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Christmas

Postby HiFranc on Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:38 am

My parents are flying to warmer climes over Christmas. My brother's meeting up with them. They all wanted me to come but I've declined for the simple reason that my work is one of those 24/7 places and I wouldn't even know if I've got the time off until late December.

I'm visiting my parents in mid-December to play Santa Claus. At work I've volunteered to work Christmas so that I have half a chance of getting New Year's off.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Arnoturoth on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:25 am

I have 5 parties to go to, his parents, his grandparens, my grandparents, my parents, and my brother's, but luckily they are all on diffrent days, but all in diffrent states.

But at least I get bunches of presents from everyone.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GabrielTane on Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:38 am

Lugnut wrote:...perhaps being single has its perks!

On the pro, no fighting over who's goin' where, when. Also no worries about goofy food or poorly chosen gifts.

On the con, being the only one at the table sans company, having to field the questions as to why I'm guy-free. Crap almighty damn, I ain't even 22 yet. :-? Doesn't help that my 19 year old sister is practically engaged, but *shrugs* what'chagonnado, right?

Cheers! You also don't have to worry about conflicts of lifestyles/habits, sharing space, who drank the last of the milk (or whatever). Altho, it is nice to have someone to snuggle w/ on cold nights. :(

You're right... pro's and con's. Meh.

I don't have the "why you still single?!?" problems tho. My parents seem to realize that i'll set my own time for that kind of thing. Of course, since my older brother and my younger sister have already provided the grandkid thing, i think that's why I'm getting off so easy here.
Gabriel Tane
In Omnibus, Pondera
GabrielTane
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:04 am

Lugnut wrote:having to field the questions as to why I'm guy-free.

You should tell them you got a shot to clear that up. :)

The Holidays, at least the ones coming up, are really boring without a significant other if you're on your own. As it stand I think I'm going to get X-Men Legends to pass the time at Christmas.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fleurdelys on Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:18 pm

I'm 23 and married (we met when we were 17, been living together for 3 years, so it's not such a big deal). I got, in order, the "why are you still single?" (yes, at 17), and the "why aren't you two married yet?"

This year, I think my grandmother will be more than happy to give me the "when are the kids coming around?"

23, grandma. 23.
Generalia Procrastinitis Grava is a very bad disease affecting the motivational skills in the right half of the brains of some of the most hard working persons, transforming them in the laziest sloths. I am a victim. -me
Fleurdelys
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:43 pm

I'm the older grandchild out of the youngest pair (if that makes any sense)...but yeah, my grandma wants to be a great grandma. So *all* the grandkids get a gentle nudge from time to time.

I just want it to be the holidays already. It's building already (earlier every year!) and I'm just ready for it to come already.
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Aaaaaargh!

Postby HiFranc on Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:21 am

Fleurdelys wrote:I'm 23 and married (we met when we were 17, been living together for 3 years, so it's not such a big deal). I got, in order, the "why are you still single?" (yes, at 17), and the "why aren't you two married yet?"

This year, I think my grandmother will be more than happy to give me the "when are the kids coming around?"

23, grandma. 23.

You and your grandmother are making me feel old. ;-)

<< still single and the other side of the big 30! :-(
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Arnoturoth on Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:24 am

Now see, I don't have it so bad cause I'm still 17 and nobody in my family is in a hurry to get me hitched or impregnated at any yime in the near future. So, I can wait till I'm 20 for all those questions.
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:06 am

LOL 'cause 20 is so much older....my mom was 20 when she got married. It 'worked' 'cause they waited for a while before the chestbursters.

I've decided that I'm not going to even think about guys til the New Year. Starting a new relationship so close to the holidays is bo-gus. You always end up with the awkward gift and family deals, and it's just not worth the headaches. Anybody in the Chicagoland area up for an impromptu semisingles New Years fiesta? :D
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lugnut on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:55 pm

WOO!! Got my old box back!

(computer, you pervert)

Dammit. It still sucks and my monitor is a very large junkbucket.

Figures.

Long day at work. Got lied to by the guy (again), and yes, this is the one I keep saying I'm done with. Just shoot me already. :-?
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arnoturoth on Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:16 am

I wouldbut bullets won't send right through the internet. But its ok, I went with this one guy off and on for the better part of 5 years and I didn't learn until I met my future hubby. He is now pissed cause he has noone to fall bak on anymore. Ahhhhhh..... the memories!!!!
Arnoturoth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:18 am

Heh, been there...sort of, anyhow. I've had guys that have sworn that they just wanted to be free and see the world, but that they knew I'd always be there for them when they were ready to settle down. Oh I'll be there alright. Not sure how many firearms I'll be packing, but I'll be there!
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:02 pm

Never gotten that one. I have gotten, "I want to experiment and It wouldn't feel right about having a girlfriend and a boyfriend at the same time." High school was an interesting time for me.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Queen of Wands