Nicknames

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

Postby Dorsai on Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:35 am

Mine comes from a race of mercinaries by the same name. Created in a series of books by Gordon R. Dickson. Before this I was most often called myself Namelezz.
"Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood."
Oscar Wilde 1845-1900
Dorsai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MeltingCinderella on Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:22 pm

Very good Verry good. Come on now I have not heard from all of you.
Luck is nice, but karma is easier.

100% Quality
MeltingCinderella
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DamnedEyez on Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:16 pm

Dorsai wrote:Before this I was most often called myself Namelezz.

You know, I was known as Nameless for the longest time in an IRC channel I frequent. With the odd Maneless (shaved head, it fit). Now it's just eyez or TheDevil.
Hooray for the horror of darkness,
Hooray, for the horror is me.
DamnedEyez
Keenspotter Supreme

nicknames

Postby Secret Identity Crisis on Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:16 pm

Uuh well, I don't really post much...more of a member of the lurker community.

But anyway...I'm really a Superhero! Yeah! That's it! But I can't tell you who, cuz it would cause a CRISIS! Seriously!

Um, yeaaah...
Nutball mode -DISENGAGED-
Secret Identity Crisis
Junior Keenspotter

Postby MeltingCinderella on Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:30 pm

Very good everyone. THere are a few of you that have not posted, come on get it overwith.
Luck is nice, but karma is easier.

100% Quality
MeltingCinderella
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Clothahump on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:32 am

I'm a fan of Alan Dean Foster.

Clothahump is the name of the aged Turtle Wizard in his Spellsinger series of novels. I've been using it long enough that now, when I go back and reread the novels, it's reaaaaallllyyyy strange to read the name. :)
Clothahump
Junior Keenspotter

Postby DarkmoonTheFallen on Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:49 am

Well...Darkmoon was taken. I got Darkmoon becaue I like Sailor Moon years ago and I'm Dark. Yup. Whenever I can't get that as my username I just add something...The Fallen in this case
DarkmoonTheFallen
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Coven of One on Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:52 pm

Mm... because that's what I am. Eclectic, solitary witch... so I'm my own coven. Peace!
Avatar created from my 2nd favorite comic Oh My Gods!
Coven of One
Junior Keenspotter

Location: Ever been to the middle of nowhere? I live just south of there.

Postby EB2000 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:02 pm

EB is a nickname my boyfriend gave to me years ago, my avatar goes along with it nicely. I'll spare you all from a more detailed description than that. :D As for my signature, well I'm a redhead! Nuff said!
If you can't take the heat, get off my planet!!
EB2000
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DamnedEyez on Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:03 pm

::perk::
Hooray for the horror of darkness,
Hooray, for the horror is me.
DamnedEyez
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby crypto on Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:21 am

My nick comes from one of my old hobbies. I used to be real into the Cryptozoology, Monster hunting in layman's terms, search for hidden animals is actualy more acruate.

Crypto is Latin (IBL) for Hidden, and when I fist started forum diveing, I did so on a topic about Cryptids under the name Crypto_Dude. Since then I've just shortened it to Crypto.

Other times i'll use Crytic if Crypto is used.
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

nicknames...

Postby EB2000 on Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:42 am

Great idea meltingcinderella! I love reading where everyones nicknames have come from. :D

Oh, clothahump- I love the spellsinger series too. Wish there were more!!
If you can't take the heat, get off my planet!!
EB2000
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby UU8 on Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:38 pm

Hello!

My nickname was given to me by the crazy petite far too upbeat blonde girl at work. it seems like every work place has one of these standard issue, and they tend to give people nicknames.

Mine is a sort of evolutionary nick, it started as "Buck" from my last name Buckley, then went to Uncle Buck, like John Candy, cept i'm korean.

then Buck turned into Uncle Uncle 8: i'd go into why but it's just weird. then shortened to UU8 (you-you-eight). i like it, it's like my hip hop name or something
UU8
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lynetta on Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:53 pm

My name is my sexy vixen ego on DAoC <grins lasciviously>

Simple and not-too-glamorous, but it makes me chuckle, and that's what counts.

But I like to make other ppl chuckle too...
That's gonna cost me WHAT??? <cringes>
Lynetta
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby UU8 on Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:00 am

i have an older nickname i earned on a HS ski trip once. going down a trail that happened to be parallel to the ski lift, i lost control on an icy patch and went off the trail into the woods, and straight into a tree!

well, me vs. the tree and the tree lost. (it was a smallish tree, and i have a really hard noggin). it just so happens that a group of my buddies were in a ski chair and saw the whole thing happened. they called down to me "hey are you ok?!" to which i replied, picking splinters out of my fuzzy hat "yeah"

then came the raucous reply: "WOOOODSSIEEE!!" and by the time the nice people with the red crosses on their parkas assisted back on my skis (they were amazed i didn't need to be carried down the mountain in a sled) everyone on the ski trip had dubbed me Woodsie. Took me like 2 years to shake that nickname off :P
UU8
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ambystoma4 on Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:27 am

tankus wrote:Welcome to QoW forums... please leave your sanity in a doggybag at the porch entrance so that no contamination are made. Thank you! :shock:

Just remember to put it somewhere out of reach of the neighborhood kids, they like setting stuff on fire.
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Life was much simpler then.

Postby kia on Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:52 am

Let me take you back to a time long ago, back when it only cost $.99 to go to the theatre, and Macauly Caulkin was the biggest little star you've ever seen.

It was in this gentle era when me and my brother ruled the arcades. Every game in town had his initials. As for mine, well, lets just say the owners disliked the thought of ASS on all their machines. I had no name at the arcade, and without a name, how was I to get glory?

I tried many different handles, Spy, Aim, Bot, Tom, Kid, But they all didn't fit. My name was on the number one spot on half the game machines in town, and nobody knew me. Things continued this way until G.I.Joe.

As far as games went, G.I.Joe was fairly average, but you had to admit there was something magical about fighting cobras as Snake-eyes, Beating up vipers as Duke, and forcing your little brother to play Lady Jane. It was during a game of GI.Joe that my brother died as Lady Jane.

"She didn't die! She ran away! Lady Jane is MIA Missing In Action!"

"Oh yeah, well, Duke was just captured! He's a Prisoner of War! POW!"

It was then that we faced the Deadly Cobra Commander. The battle turned intense, quarter after quater after quarter was lost in this noble enterprise.

"One more hit! He's blinking! If you can just shoot him a few more time!" my brother encouraged me, having lost all his quarterns in the treacherous quest to rid the world of terrorism a frew minutes ago. Bullets flew and then...

Death.

Cobra was victorious.

"Wow! That was far! you would have beaten him if he hadn't killed you!"

"yes, Snake-eyse made the ultimate sacrifice. We'll Salute him."

My brother took out a comb as he played the funeral song while i solemnly put in the final fate of Snake-eyes into the arcades memory. Snake-eyes: KIA Killed In Action. We saluted the fallen comerade did an about face and marched out of the arcade.

Snake-eyes died a thousand more valiant deaths that year, each more heroic then the last and I had finally found a name.
kia
Keenspotter Supreme

The Origin of Teh EvilTank

Postby EvilTank on Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:35 pm

No, Before anyone asks, its nothing to do with having a large turret, I know that alot of people *makes no eyes at ANYONE at all* have their minds in the gutter almost as much as me, but seriously.

I was christened EvilTank almost five years ago now, it all started when I joined the rugby team, the coach used to deprive me of my morning tea and set the games for like 7am on a SATURDAY. So, when he simply pointed at someone on the opposing team, Id grunt slightly, then as soon as the game started Id barrel into em like a tank. Being 6ft, and "built like a Brick **** house, this was an advantage for our team. The "Evil" part came later when I actually started enjoying the bashing of people too stupid to get out of my way, the organised battle they call rugby never seemed so much fun....they didnt have to deprive me of tea anymore, and sometimes Id do it to my own team mates....I still cant see why they wont lemme back in....strange that.

Thankyou for letting me regail you with my little tale.
Please excuse all typos, I just spent all night and some of the morning reading every single QoW since Im new here, dont persecute thjose without sleep :P

Job Done

EvilTank
"It's a rugby nickname, okay? Jeeze..."

I is betterer than you!
EvilTank
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ambystoma4 on Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:27 pm

I've never heard a torso refered to as a turret before.

I'll have to remember that though. :P
Ambystoma4
Keenspot Despot

Postby Renmauza on Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:38 am

AJ. Which was created by my parents soon after birth, ironically enough.
Token Canadian guy.
Renmauza
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EvilTank on Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:01 am

Ambystoma4 wrote:I've never heard a torso refered to as a turret before.

I'll have to remember that though. :P

Torso? I was thinking of something more specific, but knock yourself out :P

"The Amazing" - EvilTank
"It's a rugby nickname, okay? Jeeze..."

I is betterer than you!
EvilTank
Junior Keenspotter

Postby UU8 on Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:25 am

i have a funny rugby story. the first year my highschool started a rugby team, we almost got arrested during our practice because someone thought it was a brawl and called the cops on us. Us American's aren't used to seeing a rugby scrim or whatever it was called. i decided quickly that while rugby seemed like a good idea at the time, that i was too pretty to risk my face to mcuh more bruising and bleeding and stuck to american football with th nice happy facemasks.
UU8
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bohr on Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:12 am

bohr: My nickname from the half of my life that I spent playing Half-Life (and various mods) when I was finishing up my B.S. in Chemistry. If I wasn't studying I was fragging. From the danish physicist Neils Bohr who came up with a simplistic model of the atom (sort of the planetary orbit idae) which, while not very accurate, is still what most people think of, if they ever even think of anything remotely scientific (picturing our Resident in Washington scratching his head). I kept it all lowercase intentionally, for no good reason. I also liked it since it tied in well with the theme of the game, and that the bohr model of the atom made an easy "spraypaint" logo in the game to mark my frags.

bohr

probably a lot more than you wanted to know about someone who has posted here only a handful of times. :roll:
bohr
Junior Keenspotter

Postby xxavierJones on Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:45 am

um. this is my nome de plume as it were. i even sign everything i draw this way. if i ever run away to canada and have to change my name, that's what it's going to be. (also the main character in the strip i draw... see link in signature below...)

the extra x is just there for fun. three x's have a certian connotation, but one just wasn't enough. :wink:
xxavierJones
Junior Keenspotter

Postby The_Great_Aku on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:11 am

<-- Rather obvious don't you think? Samuri Jack is an awesome show.
"Normalcy is a delusion of the masses to help themselves think they fit in..."
"Welcome to life, enjoy the ride."
The_Great_Aku
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Down the street from nowhere and half a block from somewhere...

PreviousNext

Return to Queen of Wands