QoW Update - comic for 3/26

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - comic for 3/26

Postby Aeire on Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:37 pm

is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haesslich on Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:55 pm

... ouch.

I'm so glad I haven't seen one of those yet. Keeps the day from getting boring though, doesn't it? :evil:
Haesslich
Keenspot Despot

Postby Necro Underachiever on Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:22 am

God.... "the Looney Call".... entertaining, yet very disturbing

::shudders
Necro Underachiever
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DamnedEyez on Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:03 am

GAH! She Melted!!! She's a witch, bur....er...nevermind.
DamnedEyez
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bloodeye on Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:46 am

....with a work enviroment like this, I begin to undersand her private life a little more...
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby Mike the Insane on Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:04 am

Having Worked Tech support, I can tell you that I've had 2 of the 3 calls so far. Being male, I never had the"You're a girl so you can't possibly understand something technical" call.

My record call was a 3 hour call where the customer came back to actual business related topics just often enough that I couldn't just hang up on him. The conversation covered many, many topics which I did not particularly want to experience, such as the nature of crossdressing and whether he should become a priest now or wait until he got a sex change and become a nun.

If you think these calls are bad, be glad you have never worked customer support of any sort.

Edit: Didn't notice the threads for the other comics referenced until after I posted this. Its my first post here and first time reading this forum, so Im reading newest to odest.
http://www.cheshire-grin.net
Normal is a four-letter word. Anyone who can't understand this smple fact should get out of my universe.
Mike the Insane
Junior Keenspotter

minor correction

Postby Anathae on Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:24 pm

Um... if that individual was considering the operation, she was not a cross dresser, but yeah, discussing that personal of stuff with some stranger over the phone that's giving you technical support is... odd.

Anathae
Anathae
Junior Keenspotter

Postby LemonyFreshEvil on Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:35 pm

Sometimes the normal calls turn into the looney calls... always fun.

Never had any 3 hour calls, but a couple of hour long ones. And kind words were used, too. Was even told I was probably a 'nice jewish boy.'

:D

<-- supposedly raised 'christian'

You learn to take the compliment & walk away.
LemonyFreshEvil
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby tankus on Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:27 pm

HAHAHA... Just before hanging up you just ask a question like "What does jewish mean?" :lol: And there goes another hour of fun! (stupid customers)
-If a friend has problems, you try to solve them... When a real friend have a problem, you live it with him...

-tankus
tankus
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bohr on Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:52 pm

I love the expressions Kestral has in this strip! Boredom, surprise, slightly paranoid, confused, and then disgust. Beautifully drawn!

I feel for anyone who has had that job.

bohr
bohr
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ery on Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:01 pm

I dunno, this one makes me feel sorrier for that poor crazy caller than for Kestrel. He was a kook, but seemed nice enough otherwise.

Hell, if I had to sit around answering inane tech questions over the phone all day, I might relish a few moments of insanity as a distraction from the frustrating tedium. Of course, I'd worry about it afterwards, but at least it would be a change of pace.

I do kind of wonder if he'll call back and manage to get her in trouble for canceling his account later. That kind of injustice would certainly swing my Pity Compass
Ery
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ShortStuff on Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:49 am

Ohhhh I've had a real crazy like this before. I accidentally breathed into the mic and he went off all the sudden thinking I was whispering at him and he told me how he doesn't like people who whisper and play games because it's a deadly game and he's going to win. About at this time I transfered him to my supervisor and this crazy guy told him that women who whisper should be taken into the street and beaten. He then went on to say that he was a powerful man and a street preacher and he is the Light Bringer and shall be known as the one who opens up the skies.

Yup, real crazy.
ShortStuff
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Queen of Wands