Page 1 of 2

QoW Update - comic for 3/24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:45 pm
by Aeire
is now up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:57 pm
by Necro Underachiever
We would always escalate Male Chauvanist Pigs like the caller here to one of our female sups on purpose. It usually got the point across... but I like Kestrel's method better.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:11 pm
by Jeffro
That is yet another reason why I love this comic...Kestrel truly is an awesome woman...she deserves medals and lots of kindness for all the HORSESHIT she has to put up with..

yep...I'm rambling.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:08 pm
by tankus
2 things here

We have a classic one-liner comic that I sure LOVED on this one: You have a GOOD DAY-

-asshole...


And we have a classic 1950 hair style in the sixth panel being transformed to a gothic tern red-like hair as the word asshole got out of her mouth...

Wich was sublime Aeire! And while Kestrel was getting more and more girly I didn't even noticed the transformation (as the guy was on the other side of the phoneline) until the last panel emerged... Nice comic as always!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:09 pm
by GrassyNoel
That couldn't have been a real man. A real man wouldn't have asked for help in the first place :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:16 pm
by Starman Matt
I agree... I don't call tech support until smoke is pouring out of the CPU... and even then only if the first spray of ABC Chemical Retardant doesn't work...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:18 pm
by bloodeye
Good point.

Personally, I just find the sixth panel damn scary... anything that cute and flowery just has ot be seriously evil....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:18 pm
by Necro Underachiever
Let's face it, 90% of the callers to tech support of any kind would not have been recruited by The Manhattan Project as test dummies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:54 pm
by Haesslich
....

:o

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:54 pm
by Raziel
i could never work in a call center cause id have an attack of rage and smash my phone headset into the desk and end up paying for it. [Yes this actually happened]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:36 pm
by DamnedEyez
I've actually had a few days where, if it weren't for being in debt, I'd have ripped the phone out of the wall, thrown it through the window and sent a nice short "I quit" email to the boss, and walked out the door.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:46 am
by Gerbie
Happy smiley Kestrel scares me more than angry Aubrey in S*P does..

and the tech support thing.. yeah.. I'd probably get fired for yelling at stupid people and/or telling them to do things that screw up thier stuff even more because they're obviously too dumb to ever figure it out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:55 am
by GrassyNoel
Gerbie wrote:Happy smiley Kestrel scares me more than angry Aubrey in S*P does..

and the tech support thing.. yeah.. I'd probably get fired for yelling at stupid people and/or telling them to do things that screw up thier stuff even more because they're obviously too dumb to ever figure it out.


Tech support must be a stressful job for that reason - you're not allowed to bite the hand that feeds you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:01 am
by Ery
Hi everyone, it's my first time posting here, and I just wanted to say how much I love the comic.

It was amusing, as always, watching Kestrel suck that patronizing asshole in with the sweet & naive act, and then stomp all over his assumptions.



However, for a second, I kinda thought the comic was going to twist in another direction when he said "you can't handle THIS problem".
I was thinking the guy had some trouble ordering pay per view porn or something, and was just embarrased about talking to a woman about it.

It would have been quite funny if, after dragging his problem out of the guy, it turned out to he was trying to get some hardcore tentacle-hentai that Kestrel had seen, and she critiqued it for him just to blow his mind. :D :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:37 pm
by crypto
Ery wrote: Hi everyone, it's my first time posting here, and I just wanted to say how much I love the comic.:


Wecome to the monkey house. Most of us are harmless, but just becareful of the bannana peels.

Ery wrote: However, for a second, I kinda thought the comic was going to twist in another direction when he said "you can't handle THIS problem".
I was thinking the guy had some trouble ordering pay per view porn or something, and was just embarrased about talking to a woman about it.

It would have been quite funny if, after dragging his problem out of the guy, it turned out to he was trying to get some hardcore tentacle-hentai that Kestrel had seen, and she critiqued it for him just to blow his mind. :D :oops:


Now see, with thinking like that it proves you are one of US.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:47 pm
by LemonyFreshEvil
That reminded me of the time I worked as a directory assistance operator for a phone company... gah!

Loved the facial transformation, you could almost hear the bubbles come through the speech.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:50 pm
by Ery
crypto wrote:Wecome to the monkey house. Most of us are harmless, but just becareful of the bannana peels.

Now see, with thinking like that it proves you are one of US.

Thanks, I think I'll tentatively take that as a compliment. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:57 pm
by DamnedEyez
Actually that means you should be afraid...be very afraid...run in the opposite direction and never look back...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:01 pm
by Necro Underachiever
crypto wrote:Now see, with thinking like that it proves you are one of US.


ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:18 pm
by tankus
Problem with the fact that you are human necro? Everybody think things like that one time or another... If you don't, you should really consider getting checked by a profesionnal!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:12 pm
by Silvergoose
Might that be the Simpsons episode?

Necro Underachiever wrote:
crypto wrote:Now see, with thinking like that it proves you are one of US.


ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:58 pm
by Necro Underachiever
No one here ever watch Clerks the cartoon, did they?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:33 pm
by Aeire
...no one here has ever heard of Freaks, have they?

I LOVE these last three strips

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:46 pm
by Anathae
Love these ones, I work at a call center that takes cable internet support calls for a major US provider.

I can so identify... specially being a pagan, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:05 am
by DamnedEyez
Heard of Freaks, can't say if I've seen it though. I'd have to see it again to be certain.

(Old old movie...I know that much)