QoW Update - Comic for 3/03

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - Comic for 3/03

Postby Aeire on Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:03 pm

is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby DamnedEyez on Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:24 am

Bah...she didn't feel it.
DamnedEyez
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GrassyNoel on Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:27 am

Way to go Felix! Exactly what I would've done.
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jeffro on Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:00 am

Touch it...come on, touch it...come on...umm, why do those two have large blunt ob...ouch, pain, ouch, shutting down...

The last thoughts through Felix's head that day...

Just my take, AWESOME comic as always.
Jeffro
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Noxy on Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:00 am

Kestrel was practically asking for Felix to drop by, wasn't she?

I mean, I was looking at the panels before I read the text of the panel and I was wondering . o O 'ok, whatever these two girls seem to be doing...I just wonder how they got there by talking about the Lord of the Rings movie.'

Now that I think about it...I wonder if that's a workable excuse for grabbing a chick's butt: "Hey, care to watch with me Lord of the Rings?"...aehm...probably not.
Noxy
Junior Keenspotter

Postby DamnedEyez on Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:45 am

I don't know about grabbing it, but offering to massage if she gets numb might help.

(I've had women want to take my hands home before...unfortunately they didn't mention the rest of me.)
DamnedEyez
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam The Alien on Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:00 am

Hey, let the hands go, DamnedEyez...when they come back, you'll at least have the satisfaction of part of you having been there. :D

A superb comic, although containing logic that makes me fume. Dislike LotR? That's fine. I thought it was a damn good movie, one of the best, but I have a long list of movies I think are at least a little better.

Dislike a movie based on the length? Bull. Not that it isn't a reason people might not like a movie, I just don't think it's a valid reason. And numb asses are even less a valid reason. That's what shifting in your seat is for. And there are a lot worse things than a numb ass anyhow (holding in three or more bottles of water for three hours...that's not fun). Physical discomfort is a lousy way to judge a movie, especially since the average length of movies is pretty steadily increasing (::Borg voice:: Resistance is futile. :D). Adapting to the increasing lengths is going to be necessary anyway.

Besides, it's nothing new. Long plays are bound to cause numb-ass if a person can't adjust themsevles in their seat every once and awhile. But that doesn't make something like Les Miserables any less wonderful to see.

Anyhow, I'll stop now. This is just one of my personal peeves...right up there with 15-year-old girls who thought Spider-Man was a good movie solely because it had Tobey Maguire (OMG1! He is like, 2 hott!111), and guys who think bullets, explosions, and high-speed chases are a good substitute for a decent plot (Dude, you've gotta see this one movie! It has, like, stuff! That explodes! And cars! That explode!).
Adam The Alien
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby squiddy on Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:58 am

Adam The Alien wrote:...Anyhow, I'll stop now. This is just one of my personal peeves...right up there with 15-year-old girls who thought Spider-Man was a good movie solely because it had Tobey Maguire (OMG1! He is like, 2 hott!111)...

But he is SOOooOoo Hawt!! I like..you know..don't read comics that much, of any kind. They're like so boring. And a man who is a spider? WTF? But ya know..Tobey Maguire can be MY spider any time. Heh heh heh

*head explodes*
Insert incredibly witty/hilarious/inspirational signature here.
squiddy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GrassyNoel on Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:55 pm

squiddy wrote:But ya know..Tobey Maguire can be MY spider any time. Heh heh heh

I can see how a boy with eight arms could come in ... handy :P
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby tankus on Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:07 pm

GrassyNoel wrote:

The more you post... the more I like you... PERV!
-If a friend has problems, you try to solve them... When a real friend have a problem, you live it with him...

-tankus
tankus
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Adam The Alien on Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:59 pm

GrassyNoel wrote:I can see how a boy with eight arms could come in ... handy :P

"Guy with eight arms. Sounds hot." The first time I've seen Lucy Lawless in a non-Xena role. I nearly didn't recognize her with the weird hair. And I didn't recognize Bruce Campbell's bit in the film at all until someone told me...
Adam The Alien
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GrassyNoel on Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:26 pm

tankus wrote:
GrassyNoel wrote:

The more you post... the more I like you... PERV!

Heh :)
---
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby bloodeye on Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:03 pm

Three hours. Feh. Light weight.

Come to a good anime marathon. Sure, ech flick lasts only 30 minutes or so, with the occasionaly 3 hour 'Castle in the Sky' thing. But we watch the whole series of 30 minutes in a set. 13 some hours of virtually uninterupted screenplay.... *drool*
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby allanque on Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:26 pm

Anyone else notice that Kestrel seems awful "perky" in this strip?

What kind of bra is that girl wearing?!?
allanque
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Adam The Alien on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:07 am

bloodeye wrote:Three hours. Feh. Light weight.

*snippity part of post*

13 some hours of virtually uninterupted screenplay.... *drool*

Ah, see, my maximum length for (mostly) comfortable bladder control was 12 hours even in my "I don't trust public restrooms" days, let alone now that I'm more accustomed to the darn things. :D

Plus, I drink waaaaaaaaay too much water.

Right, change of subject is in order...
Adam The Alien
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DamnedEyez on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:40 pm

Such are the reasons I don't see movies in theatres...wait for DVD and you can pause it as necessary (Extended Editions even have that built in intermission to switch discs) and no one talking in front/behind you other than whoever you invited tow atch with you...and even at that you and rewind...and watch again.

Hell, at around $10 for a movie ticket, if you see it twice you've already paid for yer own copy of the DVD.
DamnedEyez
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby tankus on Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:08 pm

DamnedEyez wrote:Such are the reasons I don't see movies in theatres...wait for DVD and you can pause it as necessary (Extended Editions even have that built in intermission to switch discs) and no one talking in front/behind you other than whoever you invited tow atch with you...and even at that you and rewind...and watch again.

Hell, at around $10 for a movie ticket, if you see it twice you've already paid for yer own copy of the DVD.

I've seen the first one six times at the theater... :oops: But only paid twice! :D It's fun to have a car at 17 years old to make lifts to your friends who will pay your ticket for the ride...
-If a friend has problems, you try to solve them... When a real friend have a problem, you live it with him...

-tankus
tankus
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Eliot Fan on Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:44 pm

guys who think bullets, explosions, and high-speed chases are a good substitute for a decent plot (Dude, you've gotta see this one movie! It has, like, stuff! That explodes! And cars! That explode!).

Now, well-executed explosions and gun battles can be really impressive. Die Hard, for instance. And yet a different movie with the exact same plot and premise could have sucked...
-Wilhelm
If Homer has taught us anything, it is that war is hell and romance is a whore.
-Me
Eliot Fan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: In this brief transit where the dreams cross/The dreamcrossed twilight between birth and dying

Postby tankus on Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:19 am

Eliot Fan wrote:
guys who think bullets, explosions, and high-speed chases are a good substitute for a decent plot (Dude, you've gotta see this one movie! It has, like, stuff! That explodes! And cars! That explode!).

Now, well-executed explosions and gun battles can be really impressive. Die Hard, for instance. And yet a different movie with the exact same plot and premise could have sucked...
-Wilhelm

The point that Adam was giving is not about good movies... It's about the bad ones who are AS popular AS the good ones BECAUSE of the explosions and cars...

Exemple of BAD: Fast and furious (1 and 2) Torque, Biker Boys and Gone In 60 seconds or any close enough; any Jame bonds (okay here, some are good, but yet because of fancy explosions with a car and a girl) ; Triple X, Duo explosif (vandam and denis rodman, I don't know how it is called in english) and many other craps that were popular... AND yet again, the Matrix has a very good concept for the stroy, really liked it, but would have stayed a book if it wasn't for the fancy slow motions (just go get any japanese animes for trilling and compicated story, matrix is notting to understand folks...)

-tankus
tankus
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Eliot Fan on Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:57 am

tankus wrote:
Eliot Fan wrote:

-Wilhelm

The point that Adam was giving is not about good movies... It's about the bad ones who are AS popular AS the good ones BECAUSE of the explosions and cars...

Exemple of BAD: Fast and furious (1 and 2) Torque, Biker Boys and Gone In 60 seconds or any close enough; any Jame bonds (okay here, some are good, but yet because of fancy explosions with a car and a girl) ; Triple X, Duo explosif (vandam and denis rodman, I don't know how it is called in english) and many other craps that were popular... AND yet again, the Matrix has a very good concept for the stroy, really liked it, but would have stayed a book if it wasn't for the fancy slow motions (just go get any japanese animes for trilling and compicated story, matrix is notting to understand folks...)

Oh, I know. But then action well done (even without an inventive plot) can be really entertaining. I'll agree with you on the movies mentioned. (I never saw XXX, never want to). I mean, my attention span is fruitfly-like, but the 'new school' of action movies hype things up -way- too much.
-Wilhelm
If Homer has taught us anything, it is that war is hell and romance is a whore.
-Me
Eliot Fan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: In this brief transit where the dreams cross/The dreamcrossed twilight between birth and dying

Postby bloodeye on Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:03 am

tankus wrote: Duo explosif (vandam and denis rodman, I don't know how it is called in english)

Double Team. Happen to spy it in the 'previously viewed movies' for 2.99, so picked it up. Wouldn't say it was a waste of money, but was a close thing.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby DamnedEyez on Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:55 pm

Sometimes the right movie for an occasion is a brainless 'extended action scene'. Though, sometimes they really overdo it, as those shouldn't be longer than 90 minutes. (Bad Boys II for example).

Anyways...off to watch Ichi the Killer...I've heard great things about it, lots of gore.
DamnedEyez
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby tankus on Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:39 am

DamnedEyez wrote:Sometimes the right movie for an occasion is a brainless 'extended action scene'. Though, sometimes they really overdo it, as those shouldn't be longer than 90 minutes. (Bad Boys II for example).

Anyways...off to watch Ichi the Killer...I've heard great things about it, lots of gore.

I sooo like bad boys because of the comedy poured in it. :lol: But it's true that it was too long...

And what is Ichi the Killer??? Anime, movie, etc... :-?

-tankus
tankus
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DamnedEyez on Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:18 am

Bad Boys was good, and 2 wasn't so bad except it kept going on and on and on and on and on...

Ichi the Killer, Japanese movie (they call it horror...probably due to all the gore) about a sadistic hitman and a masochistic Yakuza member.

I think there might be a trailer at ichithekiller.net or somesuch
DamnedEyez
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Queen of Wands