QoW Update - Comic for 1/28

There are no monkeys in here. Really.

Moderator: Aeire

QoW Update - Comic for 1/28

Postby Aeire on Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:09 pm

Is now up
Queen of Wands - Wanna taste of religion? Lick a witch.
Aeire
Keenspot Despot

Postby squiddy on Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:41 pm

I'm pretty sure Felix has had many moments like that himself.

and good comic. ...whee?
squiddy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jeffro on Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:04 pm

Whee indeed. great work again!
Jeffro
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bloodeye on Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:42 pm

Think everyone has moments like that.

Both thinking that, and having it thought of them. :roll:
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dorsai on Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:38 pm

Ah yes. That moment of watching the light bulb come on. Such a great think to see, as it opens up whole new worlds of possible jokes and blackmail.

And I'm one of the people that has migrated over from the old forums. bit of a lurker, but thought I might as well say something.
"Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood."
Oscar Wilde 1845-1900
Dorsai
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Adam The Alien on Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:49 am

See now, this is the strip I wanted to reply to...and it only took me a few hours of trying to post my comment to see that little sticky note in the old forum. After the slow activation, though, I can't remember what I was going to say...I'm sure it was something along the lines of "Wait, Felix is the smart one here? What the za?" :D

A far departure from the weasles-in-the-barley-butter Felix. Muy bien, Aiere. Although we still loves the barley-butter Felix, yes we doesss...
Adam The Alien
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Noxy on Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:05 am

First post. Lookie, mommy, I finally managed to get on the board! Wheee! :D

Now to the point...as much as I enjoy QoW and the character developments (I really do!), I thought the whole thing with not talking to Angela seemed forced.
I mean, they are really good friends. They had a disagreement on something that concerned Angela's private life and how she emotionally deals with it.
Ok, fair enough.

However, is that a reason to not talk to one another for several weeks? I mean, I often have disagreements with my friends, over serious issues (rarely so emotionally involving -- we're males, we don't talk about feelings!). So we don't want to talk to one another for a few days, and afterwards we call each other up -- and if it's only to go to the movies.

So...if your friend doesn't get it, why make such a big deal of it? What's that 'I wait until the other one calls'-game? You can be friends anyways, right?

Of course, it's cool that once in a while it's the male who gets something about understanding emotions and relationships. Usually, it's typically the chicks who do.
Even though Kestrel never mentioned to Felix that she finally did understand what Angela was saying.

I talk too much.
Noxy
Junior Keenspotter

I think you hit upon something there...

Postby DamnedEyez on Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:17 pm

you're males...

In my experience with the other gender, I've found that some of them will wind up going a very long time not talking to a friend for less.

Alas, as shown in the strip, part of that can be from things such as it now dawning on one that they could be the first to call, or should be, etc. (Well, something like that...being male, I can't claim too much insight into the female gender.)
DamnedEyez
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Queen of Wands