Even the creators know this is ridiculous (9/30/2013)

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

Even the creators know this is ridiculous (9/30/2013)

Postby The Traveler on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:45 am

Seriously, it's right there in the commentary

So, they acknowledge the pure absurdity of someone who can create energy constructs, and has ranged ability creating a sword to fight the giant starship that can destroy a space station.

But they do it anyway.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Even the creators know this is ridiculous (9/30/2013)

Postby Sonoran_Simpleton on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Oh he finally updated? i swear this fucking comic goes into fan art at the drop of a hat, HERES 4 PAGES OF SHITTY STORY, WOOPS, 2 WEEKS OF FANART NOW!
Shari wrote:you're Mexican,etc...
Sonoran_Simpleton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby yadumey on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:19 pm

Sonoran_Simpleton wrote:Oh he finally updated? i swear this fucking comic goes into fan art at the drop of a hat, HERES 4 PAGES OF SHITTY STORY, WOOPS, 2 WEEKS OF FANART NOW!

To be fair (devil's advocate time yey) Michael/Garth did say early on that they'd do an 'issue' of a certain number of strips, then a few weeks off using fan-art updates before the next issue begins.
yadumey
Keenspot Despot

Postby bahamutkod on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:58 am

To be fair, there would be explanations for the situation that might make the visual a bit more intriguing. For example, it could be revealed that there ARE limits to Danica's power and she realizes she can't just go blasting willy-nilly and already wasted plenty of juice just playing tag with some fighter ships and a space cowboy--meaning she hasn't replenished enough to face down the new encroaching threat, limited to close-range constructs to conserve.

Or perhaps there are any number of innocent people stashed aboard the ships--utilizing the one "weakness" that they saw fit to give Danica thus far. Maybe she has to be careful, has to cut her way in someplace where opening the hull wouldn't risk a bunch of people getting sucked out to be space-cicles.

I suspect, however, it will be neither of those. Given past experience, I suspect the reasoning behind her using a laser sword will contain the word "metal" or have it implied without subtlety.

I think what makes me sad is that this shot really means nothing--though it COULD have. Danica is thus far utterly unstoppable and the bad guys haven't scored a single victory yet, even any real measure of casualty for the nameless side characters. There's nothing to suggest she won't just cut all the ships in half in one splash page and pose ridiculously... and despite the potential dynamic visual it would be boring. NOTHING is at stake.
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby yuskeyurameshi on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:51 am

I didn't even realize this comic was updating again...it's gone on long enough that I know there is no hope to save this world or even create something interesting. All hope that it could be saved by a real artist working with him is lost. Stick a fork in it, it's done.
yuskeyurameshi
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Dominic Deegan