So the ineffectual baddie... (9/9/2013)

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

So the ineffectual baddie... (9/9/2013)

Postby The Traveler on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:46 pm

...who was hired by the other ineffectual baddies...

...is telling them about the supposed real threat that's en-route.

Except the Void Archons are there on behalf of the Void Archangel who was hired by the even realer threat of the Ninth Wormhole guys, who don't even wanna touch this galaxy until the Star-Powered Sentinels are all dead.

So yeah. We're real scared.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: So the ineffectual baddie... (9/9/2013)

Postby yadumey on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:20 am

Whelp, on the plus side, I don't need to colorize these. On the downside, I can't improve them (somewhat). Also, I'm getting vibes of Hellsing Ultimate Abridged here.

I am so sorry, Major, for ze failure of ze Dandyman.

Ah, give it a rest, Herr Doctor. He was a Brazilian DOG who died feeding a much bigger beast a valuable piece of information.

But Major, now that they know of our plans-

Ah, Herr Doctor, but that is the plan. Now that they know our plan, they will plan around our plan, and so we shall in turn plan around the plan that they are planning around our plan!

...Your brilliance knows no bounds!
yadumey
Keenspot Despot

Postby bahamutkod on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:54 am

The part that amuses me is on Black Hole Bill's short character description on the "about" link: "Notorious gun for hire. He always gets the job done...and doesn't much care what the job is."

Always gets the job done, eh?

Even if he weren't dealing with Super Space Deegan-ette, everything he's done here has been immensely ineffectual. He let himself get blind-sided... then hesitated long enough to get decked when he knew it was coming. Then instead of slipping back into the shadows to strike again while Danica worried about the alien who survived a point-blank head-shot, he goes on a shooting spree to bring not only her but the entire security team down on his dumb ass.

All the while supposedly having "really nasty ammo" that he should have been using from moment one--professionals don't beat around the bush when they want to kill someone--especially if they "always get the job done."

Also... given the way he's spoken up until now isn't "I'm not some silver-tongued manipulator" a really awkward thing for him to say?

Given the progression of Starpower's foes--space fighters with vehicle mounted weaponry to some space cowboy wannabe who can't even kill one nameless peripheral character or do any other damage on the ship--the Void Archons are going to be two feet tall, unarmed, will flail ineffectually and probably talk about how they want to kill everything that isn't a white human.
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Stingra on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 am

Don't forget stereotyping space athletes to be the ultimate cosmic bullies.
Socially adrift? Join http://z4.invisionfree.com/Social_Drift ... hp?act=idx today!

Piratezim wrote: god why does everyone feel the need to troll the troll? they're never good at it and just come off looking like total dorks when i slam dunk them into a bus of their own idiocy.

In the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky
That's the place where I traced my bloodline
And it's there I read on a hillside gravestone
You Will Never Leave Harlan Alive
Stingra
Keenspot Despot

Return to Dominic Deegan