DOOWEEP DOOWEEP RELOCATION IMMINENT

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

DOOWEEP DOOWEEP RELOCATION IMMINENT

Postby lamepudding on Thu May 23, 2013 10:27 pm

http://www.starpowercomic.com/

APPERENTLY MOOKIE COULDN'T KEEP IT IN HIS PANTS
lamepudding
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: DOOWEEP DOOWEEP RELOCATION IMMINENT

Postby Sonoran_Simpleton on Fri May 24, 2013 12:12 am

Its telling thats already live when DD barely ended.

WELP, its not like we havent moved 300 times already. ALL ABOARD THE HATE TRAIN!
Shari wrote:you're Mexican,etc...
Sonoran_Simpleton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby AngryRobot on Fri May 24, 2013 12:43 am

Hey there kids, name's Angry.
I joined up today on this, the celebration of the end of the nightmare that was dominic deegan. I've been reading it since way back in 2009 and ran across this forum at some point. Gotta say, seeing the shit you all said about it has made the whole thing worthwhile and largely entertaining and I thank everyone for it.

On that note, I couldn't help but point out something. Yes, all this time and I finally have something to say:

http://www.starpowercomic.com/the-power/
http://www.starpowercomic.com/metamorhosis/

Apparently, this resides in the same universe because staring directly into a sun gives you super powers. She is now the new sue, with the power of the sun...in her pants. Thank god for the hearts of magic and all that crap.

And they also cannot spell 'metamorphosis.'

Refer to this for the entire process on how this works:
youtube.com/watch?v=AJlYGgSRguE (18+)
AngryRobot
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Nocturn on Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 am

Garth Graham, artist of Star Power wrote:Born in Known Space, raised by the likes of Lazarus Long, Dr. Susan Calvin, and Lt. Miles Vorkosigan, Garth Graham has only ever partially shared the same reality as most of us. Fascinated by what might be and what isn't, rather than weighed down by the drama of what is, he has forged a tenuous bridge made of ink and paper between our world and some strange unknowable scape where improbable dreams are born. Perhaps it has driven him a little mad. Yet such madness has born fine delectable fruit for our eye organs. His previous works include the webcomics Comedity and Finder's Keepers. In his spare time Garth likes to laugh maniacally about the abstract and fictional concept of “spare time” and does his level best to refute entropy.

This was written by a thirty-something year old man.

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Sin_City_Assassin on Fri May 24, 2013 1:28 am

Makes you wonder why Mookie's bio looks downright normal in comparison.
Sin_City_Assassin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby yadumey on Fri May 24, 2013 3:20 am

Looks like Michael learned...I see nada for a forum for the new one, not counting Facebook (which can be sanitized at any time)
yadumey
Keenspot Despot

Postby IrishFino on Fri May 24, 2013 7:02 am

Nope, there are so many fucks I don't give for anything else this man does.

So many fucks.
There is a baby on my booby.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Traveler on Fri May 24, 2013 7:36 am

http://www.starpowercomic.com/sanctuary-six/

He has an actual, good artist and he's already overexplaining things that the art and dialogue make obvious.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lumino on Fri May 24, 2013 8:06 am

The Traveler wrote:http://www.starpowercomic.com/sanctuary-six/

He has an actual, good artist and he's already overexplaining things that the art and dialogue make obvious.

Give him a break, he's world building. I've said this a hundred times before, some of you people have serious trouble finding legitimate complaints, so you just make them. Yes DD had major flaws, but this comic is just starting. Give it some time to actually be good or bad.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby IrishFino on Fri May 24, 2013 8:48 am

Lumino wrote:
The Traveler wrote:http://www.starpowercomic.com/sanctuary-six/

Give him a break, he's world building. I've said this a hundred times before, some of you people have serious trouble finding legitimate complaints, so you just make them. Yes DD had major flaws, but this comic is just starting. Give it some time to actually be good or bad.

If you haven't figured it out already, this is what we do.

You can keep harping on it all you like, it's not going to change.

Just like Dominic Deegan never changed.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby lamepudding on Fri May 24, 2013 4:39 pm

i have to question the man that looked at mookie and said "yes, this writing is worthy of my art"

but apparently the comic this artist guy did before- Comidedty (don't bother going to read it- not that you would) is about himself as an awesome character getting a hot robot chick.

so
its possible
that mookie
is better at writing than that guy
lamepudding
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Traveler on Fri May 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Lumino wrote:Give him a break, he's world building. I've said this a hundred times before, some of you people have serious trouble finding legitimate complaints, so you just make them. Yes DD had major flaws, but this comic is just starting. Give it some time to actually be good or bad.
I am just saying, the plant bit in the narration? Doesn't actually need to be there. You already get that established by seeing the plant in the hallway, then seeing her call it "Ambassador" and the plant answering back. It's already obvious, but he just had to put in the narration box in case you missed it.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Gotta draw her totally wanting me. You know, like IRL

Postby Faunis on Fri May 24, 2013 6:10 pm

lamepudding wrote:but apparently the comic this artist guy did before- Comidedty (don't bother going to read it- not that you would) is about himself as an awesome character getting a hot robot chick.

HahahahahahahaahAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHHHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Oh my god, against my better instincts I pulled open the first few strips (admittedly, this guy's art got a LOT better in the end)

But here's a strip in which the author's character tells Hot Female Friend a joke and then DRAWS THE GIRL LAUGHING SO HARD SHE FALLS OUT OF HER CHAIR

http://www.comedity.com/index.php?strip_id=7

I can see why he and Michael get along.
Conscious attempt to be less of a dick in five... four... three... two...
Faunis
Keenspot Despot

Location: A buried makeshift the Middle East somewhere in a coffin

Postby lamepudding on Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 pm

no dude, no
he's funny
see
his comic name has the word comedi- come- c-
HIS COMIC NAME IS COMEDICCCCC LOOOOOL

|:
lamepudding
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LordGolbez on Sun May 26, 2013 8:53 pm

The Traveler wrote:
Lumino wrote:Give him a break, he's world building. I've said this a hundred times before, some of you people have serious trouble finding legitimate complaints, so you just make them. Yes DD had major flaws, but this comic is just starting. Give it some time to actually be good or bad.
I am just saying, the plant bit in the narration? Doesn't actually need to be there. You already get that established by seeing the plant in the hallway, then seeing her call it "Ambassador" and the plant answering back. It's already obvious, but he just had to put in the narration box in case you missed it.

Well, I'm not saying that it's particularly enthralling narration, but there's no way you could get all the information in the narration box from the art and dialogue.
LordGolbez
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby IrishFino on Sun May 26, 2013 10:00 pm

LordGolbez wrote:
The Traveler wrote:

Well, I'm not saying that it's particularly enthralling narration, but there's no way you could get all the information in the narration box from the art and dialogue.

Guys, guys, guys.

Stop.

No, seriously, stop giving this man attention. At least on this forum.

Sheesh.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lumino on Sun May 26, 2013 10:17 pm

LordGolbez wrote:
The Traveler wrote:

Agreed. It's times like this where some SMALL bit of exposition can be a good way to bridge the gaps in knowledge of the readers. Let's hope he doesn't go overboard with this exposition again.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Traveler on Mon May 27, 2013 11:20 pm

...there's no forum for the new comic.

*shakes fist*
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby IrishFino on Mon May 27, 2013 11:40 pm

The Traveler wrote:...there's no forum for the new comic.

*shakes fist*

Oh, hey, Michael learned something after all.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby Darth Cariss on Tue May 28, 2013 1:25 am

I need a forum for the new comic. NEED IT. I don't think I can bare reading the comic without a forum. It's just TOO important.
"If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter-side down. What happens if you strap buttered toast to the back of a cat and drop it?"
Darth Cariss
Keenspot Despot

Postby daveshan on Tue May 28, 2013 8:23 pm

IrishFino wrote:
The Traveler wrote:...there's no forum for the new comic.

*shakes fist*

Oh, hey, Michael learned something after all.

Really? I thought we were where he got 90% of his ideas (of who to retcon into a racist) from.
daveshan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wesley Fox on Thu May 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Obligatory suggestion to join the Homestuck forums if you need a new community.

3000 pages. Wow, that's almost half as long as Homestuck is. Except Homestuck's only been for the last four years. And many of those pages are full blown animations, interactive flashes, and massive chatlogs.
Not really here anymore. Go read Homestuck/Problem Sleuth to counter-act the suck.
Wesley Fox
Keenspot Despot

Re: BREEEP BREEEP PLUG IMMINENT

Postby Faunis on Thu May 30, 2013 4:23 pm

To be fair about the above comparison, Deegan is a low bar.

It takes more than "better than Oracle for Hire" to sell me on a narrative.
Conscious attempt to be less of a dick in five... four... three... two...
Faunis
Keenspot Despot

Location: A buried makeshift the Middle East somewhere in a coffin

Postby The Traveler on Thu May 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Wesley Fox wrote:Obligatory suggestion to join the Homestuck forums if you need a new community.

3000 pages. Wow, that's almost half as long as Homestuck is. Except Homestuck's only been for the last four years. And many of those pages are full blown animations, interactive flashes, and massive chatlogs.
Man, I cannot, cannot manage the level of fan-obsession and jargon needed to appreciate Homestuck. There is not enough space in my head with the things I actually care about.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sonoran_Simpleton on Thu May 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Between joining wes in the Homestuck forums and the sweet tangy embrace of death, i think we all know what we should chose.

Its death. chose death you fucks! DONT LEAVE ME, I CANT DIE ALL BY MYSELF, ILL JUST SEEM CRAZY!
Shari wrote:you're Mexican,etc...
Sonoran_Simpleton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Next

Return to Dominic Deegan