2013-05-24 Turn off the lights on the way out.

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

Re: 2013-05-24 Turn off the lights on the way out.

Postby lamepudding on Thu May 23, 2013 11:30 pm

he didn't
even
let
the
flipping
cat
DIE
AUGH
(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

┬─┬ (._.)

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
lamepudding
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Reaver225 on Thu May 23, 2013 11:43 pm

As endings go, this is one.

Like most of DD, it's somewhat lukewarm.

But, at least it's all wrapped up, right?
| Mental note: Refrain from using the Force while drunk. | Caption contest winner! | "Screw it. Rocks fall, everyone dies." |
I shall delete you, recreate thyself. - Mutamu
"All citizens to either go to the graveyard and dig up corpses or become corpses for not complying." - hazardswake
Maldraugedhen wrote:That would only be if stupidity was a Boolean thing, or if it was like always multiplying a pair of negative numbers (assuming positive is intelligent).
Stupidity has its own infinite continuum, from bordering on the brain dead to just shy of normal.
...I need to not delurk right after a long coding session.
Reaver225
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Sonoran_Simpleton on Fri May 24, 2013 12:01 am

Old dominics crotch area is terrifyingly large

also god dammit mookie you couldnt leave them horribly childless FOREVER? whats the point of rendering them both magically sterile!?

It could have ended worse i guess.
Shari wrote:you're Mexican,etc...
Sonoran_Simpleton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby lamepudding on Fri May 24, 2013 12:04 am

Sonoran_Simpleton wrote:Old dominics crotch area is terrifyingly large

also god dammit mookie you couldnt leave them horribly childless FOREVER? whats the point of rendering them both magically sterile!?

how
lamepudding
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nocturn on Fri May 24, 2013 12:06 am

It's over, we are finally free

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Sin_City_Assassin on Fri May 24, 2013 1:08 am

Of course you realize this is the perfect place to spin off on his hit, new comic strip series Mosely and Friends.
Sin_City_Assassin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sonoran_Simpleton on Fri May 24, 2013 1:37 am

lamepudding wrote:
Sonoran_Simpleton wrote:Old dominics crotch area is terrifyingly large

how

It could have been dominic saving the world SANS his magic as the climax? as some sort of super wizard?
Shari wrote:you're Mexican,etc...
Sonoran_Simpleton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Stingra on Fri May 24, 2013 6:19 am

Well folks, we made it.

And horrible ending to the comic is horrible. I think we all expected bad but this is another level of terrible entirely.

Also, if Keenspot decides to shut this place down, you're all welcome at my forum. It may have been log ago since I actually spoke to any of you but a long standing community like this doesn't deserve to just fade away. The link is in my signature.
Socially adrift? Join http://z4.invisionfree.com/Social_Drift ... hp?act=idx today!

Piratezim wrote: god why does everyone feel the need to troll the troll? they're never good at it and just come off looking like total dorks when i slam dunk them into a bus of their own idiocy.

In the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky
That's the place where I traced my bloodline
And it's there I read on a hillside gravestone
You Will Never Leave Harlan Alive
Stingra
Keenspot Despot

Postby IrishFino on Fri May 24, 2013 7:07 am

Lumino wrote:Oh man that would have been perfect. That said, the Mosely thing was probably one of the best Brick Jokes I have seen from this forum.

I vote Yadumey as best member of this forum. Criticisms are classy and creative, and almost always seriously funny. Well played indeed sir.

See you all at his next comic, which you vehemently deny, but most of you will still read to keep your 'Hate-Ons' strong.

First, fuck you for nominating yadumey.

Second, no. I will not be reading anything else written by this man. He's a shitty writer. Why would I go to his new story to read more shit? Hell, I read this shit purely out of habit.

I'm sure a few people will read the first few strips, not find anything worth raging at, then go on with their lives. As they should.

Because fuck Dominic Deegan.
There is a baby on my booby.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby Maldraugedhen on Fri May 24, 2013 7:15 am

Not that I would particularly expect any of you to much care, but who are you betting they named the kid after? Because I'd wager they'd be naming them after somebody they met, and I would be amused to hear your theories.

I can't recall if they ever learned the truth about Brian / Rilian, but if they had, I wouldn't be surprised if they named the kid after him.

Also have to say it was an interesting choice on his part to remove the links option from the header and have it redirect to his new project.
The road goes ever on and on,
Down from the door, where it began,
Now far ahead the road has gone
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Meeting those who travel on the way,
Where many paths and errands meet,
And whither then, I cannot say.
--JRR Tolkien
Maldraugedhen
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lumino on Fri May 24, 2013 8:11 am

IrishFino wrote:First, fuck you for nominating yadumey.

You weren't always bad, but a lot of your comments were just too full of petulance. Yadumey tended to give a more 'Mystery Science Theater' kind of roasting. Usually calm, but still scathing and calling out the weak spots in the story writing and artistry. That and I never saw him calling for outright physical harm to the author for his work, which again, you did frequently.

The rage is strong in you, unfortunately that doesn't make you very funny or entertaining. More a necessary evil.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby IrishFino on Fri May 24, 2013 8:47 am

Lumino wrote:
IrishFino wrote:First, fuck you for nominating yadumey.

You weren't always bad, but a lot of your comments were just too full of petulance. Yadumey tended to give a more 'Mystery Science Theater' kind of roasting. Usually calm, but still scathing and calling out the weak spots in the story writing and artistry. That and I never saw him calling for outright physical harm to the author for his work, which again, you did frequently.

The rage is strong in you, unfortunately that doesn't make you very funny or entertaining. More a necessary evil.

And, somehow, you're still a bigger cock than I am.

Ain't that a wonder.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Re: 2013-05-24 Pump up the volume, JAM, JAM!

Postby Faunis on Fri May 24, 2013 9:01 am

Lumbutt wrote:You weren't always words words words words words words words

My takeaway is that Irish is necessary & evil and I already knew that, I give this web forum member review a 4.7/10

Maldrghfgfhghn wrote:Not that I would particularly expect any of you to much care, but who are you betting they named the kid after?

Mary-Sue Deegan

FinnishNero wrote:I'm sure a few people will read the first few strips, not find anything worth raging at, then go on with their lives. As they should.

Yeah, DD was kind of magical in its fusion of miserable art and miserable storytelling. And even beyond that, the initial appeal of the strip was that Deegan was a cynical bastard. The original crop of fans were all cynical bastards, too, just waiting to transform into this beautiful hatedom as the comic devolved. Michael inadvertently caught the attention of the exact kind of people who were psychologically designed to hate the comic he ended up writing. It was a perfect storm, a sweet spot of awful.

I'm sure the new comic will be a wad of lame, but it'll never stack up against the supreme failure that we watched shrivel and die over the last decade.

Kathy Hombre wrote:When I first read the last word bubble, I thought it was Spark calling Dominic his DAD as a joke.

Not a joke, this was the comic's biggest reveal, dominic once had cat sex
Conscious attempt to be less of a dick in five... four... three... two...
Faunis
Keenspot Despot

Location: A buried makeshift the Middle East somewhere in a coffin

Postby Nocturn on Fri May 24, 2013 9:03 am

wow is my name too hard to mangle for you, feeling hella excluded here.

ilikepie wrote:Noxy = love + insanity + sharp pointy objects
Nocturn
Keenspot Juggernaut

Also just Cockturn, I guess

Postby Faunis on Fri May 24, 2013 9:09 am

Cockblockturn wrote:wow is my name too hard to mangle for you, feeling hella excluded here.

I was working on it, you have to give art like mine a lot of time and patience
Conscious attempt to be less of a dick in five... four... three... two...
Faunis
Keenspot Despot

Location: A buried makeshift the Middle East somewhere in a coffin

Re: 2013-05-24 Pump up the volume, JAM, JAM!

Postby IrishFino on Fri May 24, 2013 9:20 am

Faunis wrote:
FinnishNero wrote:I'm sure a few people will read the first few strips, not find anything worth raging at, then go on with their lives. As they should.

Yeah, DD was kind of magical in its fusion of miserable art and miserable storytelling. And even beyond that, the initial appeal of the strip was that Deegan was a cynical bastard. The original crop of fans were all cynical bastards, too, just waiting to transform into this beautiful hatedom as the comic devolved. Michael inadvertently caught the attention of the exact kind of people who were psychologically designed to hate the comic he ended up writing. It was a perfect storm, a sweet spot of awful.

I'm sure the new comic will be a wad of lame, but it'll never stack up against the supreme failure that we watched shrivel and die over the last decade.

Time to burn this motherfucker down and play a flute or some shit.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby yuskeyurameshi on Fri May 24, 2013 12:29 pm

You guys kept me going through Dominic Deegan. Thanks for the entertainment. I'll check the forums for his new web comic in a few months just to see if you guys did, despite it all, migrate there.

My one big regret of this week though is we didn't see any Dwarves at that nations of the world meeting...Actually I can name a lot more regrets than that. Dominic surviving, having a kid, Celesto not showing up or being mourned...well maybe they mourned him off screen like we later learned they did Bulgak, but that's still a cop out.
yuskeyurameshi
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Germ on Fri May 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Fuck you, Mookie.
Germ
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby AceOfDiamonds29 on Fri May 24, 2013 5:48 pm

I'm actually somewhat surprised the comic ended without even the slightest hint of remorse or reflection upon Celesto's demise, particularly since Celesto basically bailed Dominic out and sacrificed himself for Dominic's sake for grins and giggles or some shit.

This really reinforces what will be Dominic Deegan's enduring legacy for me personally, which is how ludicrously superficial morality in this universe was. Are you a good person? If so, you're entitled to a good ending. Have the slightest flaw, indulge in the slightest sin, have the slightest shade of grey in one's character? FUCK YOU, YOU SHOULD DIE YOU ASSHOLE. In the Deegan-verse, characters are pre-assigned value or merit as "good" and "evil" and that assignment determines whether the character's actions will be justified and whether the character's ending will be 'happy.' Are you a 'good person?' (Because Mookie says you are, regardless of your actual behavior or decisions in life?) Congratulations, you can justify rape. Are you a bad person? Enjoy your first-class ticket to hell!

I have a pretty strong inkling that Mookie was bullied as a kid, and this is his way of expressing vengeance against the real world's 'inequities.' Mookie probably views himself as every bit as pure and kind-hearted and infallible as he's written Dominic, and he probably has justifications already prepared for nearly any criticism that could possibly be brought against his precious 'integrity.'

Of course, the irony is, he owes his success in the 'real world' to this very hypocritical inconsistency that's elevated himself into middling internet 'fame' despite his mediocre art and horrendous writing. Though I suppose many of us also just enjoy a front-row view of a trainwreck.
AceOfDiamonds29
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby lamepudding on Fri May 24, 2013 8:39 pm

actually, i've found myself rather haunted by the fact that celesto wasn't even mentioned at all after he supposedly killed himself for the good of the world
i've been fighting with myself to do a fancomic page to ease my mind
lamepudding
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Darth Cariss on Fri May 24, 2013 9:25 pm

I've been reading DD since pretty close to the beginning, and it's been a pretty good ride. I don't know if Mookie will ever read this, but thanks Mookie for the fun comic. I've enjoyed reading it all this time.

I know most of you hate the comic, or at least say you do but stick around for years anyway, but it's great (somewhat) knowing you all. I don't yet if I'll read Mookie's new comic or not, it largely depends if it has a forum community or not (that's important to me),

So yeah, thanks for the good times.
"If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter-side down. What happens if you strap buttered toast to the back of a cat and drop it?"
Darth Cariss
Keenspot Despot

Postby PantherScott on Sat May 25, 2013 8:03 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, it was an honor to serve with you.

And yes, even in the end, something like having half of your body ripped out of you wasn't enough to kill. Not when a sappy, unrealistic ending that features fixing all the negatives of the leads can be done. SUre, Dom and Luna could have adopted, but knowing the track record, she got pregnant. Fuck this comic. Fuck Mookie. And a big fuck you up the fucking ass to all the people that paid money for this trash.

Adieu.
PantherScott
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Thy Brilliance on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:11 am

huh.. it ended, can't believe the bastard deleted the forum links.
SwimmingTrunks's Comic: Antagonist | Save Internet Radio
Laura's website: Seraph Child | Help Fight Hate
Thy Brilliance
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Maldraugedhen on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:02 am

To be more specific, he removed the link to his Links page--which still exists, and which I still use to hit up a bunch of my morning comics from here at work. Even if a bunch of those links are dead now.
The road goes ever on and on,
Down from the door, where it began,
Now far ahead the road has gone
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Meeting those who travel on the way,
Where many paths and errands meet,
And whither then, I cannot say.
--JRR Tolkien
Maldraugedhen
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Previous