One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby Lumino on Thu May 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Image

Ok, so it isn't ground breaking. But at the very least it's 'Show, Don't Tell'. I'll take the small victories.

Luna as an Archmage though? Yuck. Guess we're never getting rid of her.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby Sin_City_Assassin on Thu May 02, 2013 8:35 pm

I don't know who that burn victim is.
Image
User avatar
Sin_City_Assassin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:29 pm
Location: I'm everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby TheBlackPaladin on Thu May 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Stunt looks pretty fucking awesome with that grown out hair, stubble and sword on his back.
Not sure what the fuck is with Pam's Panel. But who gives a damn about here.
Snowsong seems to have joined Face Bath. Don't really care.
Milov and Jayden get together. Big Surprise there. For those who can't tell, I am dripping with sarcasm.
Szark FINALLY gets himself a happy ending. He's one of the few characters I still care about in this damn strip, so I say good for him.
Jacob seems to basically be the new God of Necromancy.
Luna. WHO THE FUCK CARES!!!!!!
Nimel and Katya are looking Kinda Jedi-ish. And why is she blind? Eh Who cares. Moving on.
Miranda and Donovan are looking a lot older and enjoying their remaining time out in in what appears to be the countryside. Completely reasonable and believable. I will take it.

Sin_City_Assassin wrote:I don't know who that burn victim is.

It's Jacob after he figured out how to turn the Blight of the Undead into his bitch.
Brett:Yeah? How about I break your face instead?!
Rachel:I invite you to try, Taggerty.
KRAK
Brett:AAAAAGGH!
Rachel:I break things with my face.

He's an uncontrollable arachnophobic cyborg on the edge. She's a provocative impetuous detective in the wrong place at the wrong time. They fight crime!

Image
Which FF Character Are You?
User avatar
TheBlackPaladin
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: A place that makes hell seem cold

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby yadumey on Thu May 02, 2013 10:16 pm

We have 18 days...wait, no weekends...10 more strips till we get to one year to the day of Michael's 'The comic will end one year from today' announcement.
User avatar
yadumey
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:16 pm

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby The Traveler on Thu May 02, 2013 11:51 pm

yadumey wrote:We have 18 days...wait, no weekends...10 more strips till we get to one year to the day of Michael's 'The comic will end one year from today' announcement.
...oh God, that's going to be awful.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:00 pm

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby SLTE on Fri May 03, 2013 4:28 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Not sure what the fuck is with Pam's Panel. But who gives a damn about here.


Without bothering to look back for verification, isn't that the feathery mantle the king used to wear? I'm guessing she's queen of Callan. Could be wrong, though.
User avatar
SLTE
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:10 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby FezzHead on Fri May 03, 2013 4:30 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Not sure what the fuck is with Pam's Panel. But who gives a damn about here.

She's dressed like David, so I assume she will become queen of Callan.
FezzHead
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:28 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby Lioness on Fri May 03, 2013 5:03 am

Katya becomes the new Infernomancer and ends the Nimel problem once and for all.
Lioness
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby IrishFino on Fri May 03, 2013 5:45 am

Sooooo, whatever the fuck happened to Donovon's face was nothing.

Cool. Ass.
There is a baby on my booby.
User avatar
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2400
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby daveshan on Fri May 03, 2013 8:34 am

Lioness wrote:Katya becomes the new Infernomancer and ends the Nimel problem once and for all.


Please make this cannon.


We still aren't getting a reason as to why Dominic isn't going blind.
User avatar
daveshan
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:11 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby PantherScott on Fri May 03, 2013 11:23 am

Until the actual reason comes, I'm saying the heart of magic is messing with him. He'll see all this good stuff happening to his close ones, and then ask if it really is coming true. Then a disembodied voice will say "LOL no." And then he'll get bombarded by all the messages of this forum and his body falls apart as he screams in pain.

Won't happen, but it is a lovely idea.
User avatar
PantherScott
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:12 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby EpitomeOfFail on Fri May 03, 2013 11:36 am

So, if I'm judging right by the background and type of clothing Luna is in, she's going to become an Arch Magi.

FUCK
ImageImageImageImage
JoystickHero wrote:J-Rock: Because "actually, that's a guy" is a great way to start a conversation.
User avatar
EpitomeOfFail
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:20 pm

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby yuskeyurameshi on Fri May 03, 2013 12:44 pm

Stunt looks like a warrior thief...that's not too bad. Some of the rest of this...oh well.
yuskeyurameshi
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 10:08 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby zarzar on Fri May 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Facebath: Soon to be broken up by Snowsong Ono.
Szark/Butler: "Wub, twue wub..."
Jacob: Second in a long line of necromancy lords that like to mess with Mary Sue characters.
Queen Pam: ANGRYFACE. TOTAL SRS MONARCH.
Stunt: I killed a king. I slit the throat of Urban Eddie. I... I think I might have had more character development than half the main cast combined. I'm gonna act all stoic.
Jayden/Milov: "Wub, twue wub..."
Donovan/Miranda: "Wub, twue wub..."
Luna: Welp, I'm an archmage in a time when magic is leaving the kingdom. When did I learn masteries of all form of magic again? Meh, details.
Katya/Nimel: They see us rollin, they hatin, they all think we be lame and runty.
zarzar
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby Darth Cariss on Fri May 03, 2013 5:30 pm

I suppose I'm okay with all of these except Milov/Jaden. I didn't want them to get back together.
"If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter-side down. What happens if you strap buttered toast to the back of a cat and drop it?"
User avatar
Darth Cariss
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 3085
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:25 am
Location: The United States of America

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby daveshan on Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Darth Cariss wrote:I suppose I'm okay with all of these except Milov/Jaden. I didn't want them to get back together.


I agree with the Milov Jaden part. If someone cheats on you, at all, much less with your best friend, only let that person back into your life under the most extreme circumstances and then kick them out once circumstances have past.

We went through this when Mookie Stunt tried to convince us that cheating wasn't her fault. Sigfried didn't rape her. He didn't give her a roofie or spike her drink or pay someone to cast a love enchantment on her. It was her choice, plain and simple.
User avatar
daveshan
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:11 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby bahamutkod on Sat May 04, 2013 6:15 am

daveshan wrote:
Darth Cariss wrote:I suppose I'm okay with all of these except Milov/Jaden. I didn't want them to get back together.


I agree with the Milov Jaden part. If someone cheats on you, at all, much less with your best friend, only let that person back into your life under the most extreme circumstances and then kick them out once circumstances have past.

We went through this when Mookie Stunt tried to convince us that cheating wasn't her fault. Sigfried didn't rape her. He didn't give her a roofie or spike her drink or pay someone to cast a love enchantment on her. It was her choice, plain and simple.


Let's not forget that when he found out he was altogether willing to rip her throat out and leave her bleeding--illusion or not.

Pretty sure after it's clear that it has that kind of effect on him there's no turning back for either of them.
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:09 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby Lumino on Sat May 04, 2013 11:39 pm

daveshan wrote:We went through this when Mookie Stunt tried to convince us that cheating wasn't her fault. Sigfried didn't rape her. He didn't give her a roofie or spike her drink or pay someone to cast a love enchantment on her. It was her choice, plain and simple.


If I recall, the line in question was 'You may not be innocent, but you aren't the only one who's guilty.' While yes, I do feel she got off a bit easy, I'd say you are a total monster in real life for saying what you did.

People make mistakes, some of us worse so then others. If the woman you claim you love makes a mistake, and is genuinely sorry for what she did, if you would deny them forgiveness then you aren't mature enough to be involved in a serious relationship anyway. People do make mistakes. Jay made a poor choice in a moment of passion, so did Milov. There is a reason they call such things 'Crimes of Passion'. Plus, you know, we don't turn into animalistic beasts when we get pissed off. That might inhibit impulse control just a little bit.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby Sin_City_Assassin on Sun May 05, 2013 2:08 am

Sin_City_Assassin wrote:I don't know who that burn victim is.

It's Jacob after he figured out how to turn the Blight of the Undead into his bitch.[/quote]

Hold on, you're telling me he had the chance to make that look awesome and he just made Jacob look like a bored science diagram model? Goddamn it.
Image
User avatar
Sin_City_Assassin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:29 pm
Location: I'm everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby IrishFino on Sun May 05, 2013 6:22 am

Lumino wrote:
daveshan wrote:We went through this when Mookie Stunt tried to convince us that cheating wasn't her fault. Sigfried didn't rape her. He didn't give her a roofie or spike her drink or pay someone to cast a love enchantment on her. It was her choice, plain and simple.


If I recall, the line in question was 'You may not be innocent, but you aren't the only one who's guilty.' While yes, I do feel she got off a bit easy, I'd say you are a total monster in real life for saying what you did.

People make mistakes, some of us worse so then others. If the woman you claim you love makes a mistake, and is genuinely sorry for what she did, if you would deny them forgiveness then you aren't mature enough to be involved in a serious relationship anyway. People do make mistakes. Jay made a poor choice in a moment of passion, so did Milov. There is a reason they call such things 'Crimes of Passion'. Plus, you know, we don't turn into animalistic beasts when we get pissed off. That might inhibit impulse control just a little bit.



Whoa, whoa, back the fuck up.

daveshan is a monster for saying that Jayden completely consented to having sex with Sigfreid? She did. She knowingly and willingly went and boned Milov's BFF. That's not a simple mistake, that a serious breech in a relationship. She fucked away Milov's trust when she impaled herself on Siggy's sword.

Milov reacts violently, as is par for the course for crazy wolf monsters, and kills her illusion. He feels bad, of course, but that doesn't mean he should forgive her for fucking their friend because he killed her illusion. In fact, it means he needs to stay away from her in any sort of romantic situation. They can stay friends, sure, but rebuilding a relationship that has been destroyed by an unfaithful partner is, not only incredibly difficult, but hardly a realistic prospect. The Cheatee will always be suspicious and, if MIlov reacts violently to her cheating, imagine how he will be if he even gets a whiff of another male on her. She could be locked up in a basement for all we know.

Shit's not healthy.

You can forgive someone and still not want to put yourself back into a situation where that person can cheat on you again. It's not immature to not forgive someone who FUCKED YOUR BEST FRIEND. You wouldn't be able to trust that person again, why would you forgive them for such a violation of your romantic and bromantic relationships? And, if you do forgive someone, it's been years since the offense and you have moved on. You don't just jump back to the person who cheated on you and pretend all is well.

TL;DR: Jayden cheated on Milov: that's not a simple mistake, that's a serious breech of trust in an intimate relationship. Milov killed Jayden's illusion: serious violent reaction that doesn't instantly make him as guilty as her nor does it mean he needs to forgive her because he murdered her illusion in a rage.
There is a baby on my booby.
User avatar
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2400
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby daveshan on Sun May 05, 2013 6:33 am

Lumino wrote:
daveshan wrote:We went through this when Mookie Stunt tried to convince us that cheating wasn't her fault. Sigfried didn't rape her. He didn't give her a roofie or spike her drink or pay someone to cast a love enchantment on her. It was her choice, plain and simple.


If I recall, the line in question was 'You may not be innocent, but you aren't the only one who's guilty.' While yes, I do feel she got off a bit easy, I'd say you are a total monster in real life for saying what you did.

People make mistakes, some of us worse so then others. If the woman you claim you love makes a mistake, and is genuinely sorry for what she did, if you would deny them forgiveness then you aren't mature enough to be involved in a serious relationship anyway. People do make mistakes. Jay made a poor choice in a moment of passion, so did Milov. There is a reason they call such things 'Crimes of Passion'. Plus, you know, we don't turn into animalistic beasts when we get pissed off. That might inhibit impulse control just a little bit.


Hang on a second. No one's saying she crashed Milov's car by accident, she threw out his favorite childhood memorabilia because she thought it was for his own good, or someone took advantage of her in a drunken state. While sober, she consensually cheated on him with his best friend for her own thrills. Kick her to the curb immediately and never so much as touch her skank ass again..

Now, team up with her to save your people and the world from some dimension-eating monster and a power-hungry king? Sure. Heck, thank her for her assistance and say she's welcome in your land. Just make it clear that you and her are over.

The very fact that Milov's taken her back makes me lose any respect I had for him. If, like Mookie said, Milov and Jayden's break up is based off something that happened to two of his friends in real life, the guy is a putz if he actually did take her back.
User avatar
daveshan
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:11 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby yadumey on Sun May 05, 2013 11:17 am

derailing your argument there...just realized with Pam's panel...

How does a nurse-turned-mayor of a small town become QUEEN OF THE COUNTRY?
User avatar
yadumey
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:16 pm

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby PantherScott on Sun May 05, 2013 11:25 am

I've had a woman cheat on me. She did it with multiple men behind my back but in the end, I know how Milov feels. One of my friends even made an effigy out of hay for me to tear apart in my frustration so I wouldn't do something I'd regret later. I did not take her back, I didn't even bring her back to my inner circle of friends, especially since she tried to put the blame on me for her cheating. I "didn't truly understand her like the other guys" or something equally stupid. When a woman cheats, she holds 100% of the fault. When a man cheats, he holds 100% of the fault. The person she cheats with has their own culpability, but a cheater holds all the responsibility for their decisions.

I'm beginning to think Mookie is a misogynist at heart. It's actually quite misogynistic to say that a cheating woman doesn't hold all the blame believe it or not. It says she can't truly be held responsible for her decisions since she's just a woman. I would say I read too much into that, but he also did say raping a woman was saving her. And had his voicebox himself say it. In the end, Milov should have told her to go screw herself the second she tried to get back with him.
User avatar
PantherScott
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:12 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby Lumino on Mon May 06, 2013 5:59 am

daveshan wrote:Hang on a second. No one's saying she crashed Milov's car by accident, she threw out his favorite childhood memorabilia because she thought it was for his own good, or someone took advantage of her in a drunken state. While sober, she consensually cheated on him with his best friend for her own thrills. Kick her to the curb immediately and never so much as touch her skank ass again.


If that is truly how you feel, then there really isn't anything else I can say, is there?

I happen to believe that we all make mistakes, some of them can be rather large and catastrophic. But I don't believe that there is any mistake that cannot be forgiven. The woman nearly tortured herself in grief over her actions, if that doesn't show true repentance for ones mistakes, I dunno what more you would want.

If my understanding of the Deegan Timeline is accurate, Jayden was under a Guilt Enforced Vow of Silence for a year. Then went on a Holy Pilgrimage to try and repent for her sin. I'm not a super religious type, but honestly now? The girl messed up, and while no action can undo that mistake, I think it's obvious that her repentance is sincere.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 am

Re: One Good Comic a Week? (5/3/2013)

Postby daveshan on Mon May 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Lumino wrote:
daveshan wrote:Hang on a second. No one's saying she crashed Milov's car by accident, she threw out his favorite childhood memorabilia because she thought it was for his own good, or someone took advantage of her in a drunken state. While sober, she consensually cheated on him with his best friend for her own thrills. Kick her to the curb immediately and never so much as touch her skank ass again.


If that is truly how you feel, then there really isn't anything else I can say, is there?

I happen to believe that we all make mistakes, some of them can be rather large and catastrophic. But I don't believe that there is any mistake that cannot be forgiven. The woman nearly tortured herself in grief over her actions, if that doesn't show true repentance for ones mistakes, I dunno what more you would want.

If my understanding of the Deegan Timeline is accurate, Jayden was under a Guilt Enforced Vow of Silence for a year. Then went on a Holy Pilgrimage to try and repent for her sin. I'm not a super religious type, but honestly now? The girl messed up, and while no action can undo that mistake, I think it's obvious that her repentance is sincere.


Good job ignoring what everyone else said, too.

If he wants to forgive her, that's fine. Like I said, if someone cheated on me and then helped me defeat a psychopathic monster, I'd forgive her and have no problem with her walking around my neighborhood, heck, I may even invite her into my house. However, forgetting what she did would be something I couldn't do. It is asking too much to trust her in a relationship again.


yadumey wrote:derailing your argument there...just realized with Pam's panel...

How does a nurse-turned-mayor of a small town become QUEEN OF THE COUNTRY?


Because she's a friend of the Deegans.
User avatar
daveshan
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:11 am

 
Next

Return to Dominic Deegan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron