Don't worry, there's still time for an asspull (4/16/2013)

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

Don't worry, there's still time for an asspull (4/16/2013)

Postby The Traveler on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:41 pm

I mean yes, from an artistic standpoint, you're good right here. This is fine, this is fitting.

Thus, it won't end here.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Don't worry, there's still time for an asspull (4/16/201

Postby Sonoran_Simpleton on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:05 pm

I get why dime store warforged and salad woman are there, but why is weird bromance angel guy there, isnt he ONLY a personal friend of dominic and unrelated to the heroes of that particular war?
Last edited by Sonoran_Simpleton on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shari wrote:you're Mexican,etc...
Sonoran_Simpleton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Traveler on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Sonoran_Simpleton wrote:I get why dime store warforged and salad woman are there, but why is weird bromance angel guy there, isnt he ONLY a personal friend of dominic and unrelated o the heroes of that particular war?
Klo Tark was Acibek's student.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sonoran_Simpleton on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:11 pm

The Traveler wrote:
Sonoran_Simpleton wrote:I get why dime store warforged and salad woman are there, but why is weird bromance angel guy there, isnt he ONLY a personal friend of dominic and unrelated o the heroes of that particular war?

well its been so long i legitimately forgot that. JEEZ MOOKIE WRITE MORE MEMORABLE CHARACTERS
Shari wrote:you're Mexican,etc...
Sonoran_Simpleton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Katharos Ombre on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Sooo... Dominic did exactly as Rillian asked, but Rillian got told by Luana that Dominic is doing his own thing. Errr.

Either I'm confused or Dominic's always right thanks to the laws of bullshit. It's also not friday, so I'm expecting our usual deux ex dominica.
I don't understand. 0_0
Katharos Ombre
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby IrishFino on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:44 pm

I still don't get how Dominic wasn't impaled by any teeth...
There is a baby on my booby.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lumino on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:15 am

Sonoran_Simpleton wrote:
The Traveler wrote:

well its been so long i legitimately forgot that. JEEZ MOOKIE WRITE MORE MEMORABLE CHARACTERS

It was actually a huge part of the Storm of Souls arc that Rilian and Klo Tark knew each other. Like when Rilian invaded Dominic's dream with Klo's help, or when he confronted D&L in the aftermath, remarking that 'I have lost my last friend so you could cuddle, he must have seen something in this relationship that I do not.'

There is a lot in this story you CAN blame on Mookie, your own forgetfulness isn't his fault.

That said, it took a long time to get here, but I may actually be satisfied with this ending. I don't think he'll have Dominic survive, but the Eld still haven't shown up so you never know. Only time will tell I suppose.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bahamutkod on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:09 am

Sonoran_Simpleton wrote:I get why dime store warforged and salad woman are there, but why is weird bromance angel guy there, isnt he ONLY a personal friend of dominic and unrelated to the heroes of that particular war?

I think Mookie forgot the Sylvan Oracle's design. The character depicted is not salad lady here but the regular dryad who, to the best of my knowledge, isn't dead and had no bearing on Rilian's life. For once, Mookie had characters that could be discerned as unique from a distance and he pulls out the wrong design...

I'm glad Rilian is getting a noble send-off of sorts at least, but I'm bugged somewhat by how things were handled. The last couple comics were all "No, Rilian, you're wrong and Dominic is right"...but Dominic is proceeding to do EXACTLY what Rilian told him to do, only from inside the beast's mouth for some reason. Yes, I suspect it's to ensure the beast is dead and no longer a threat but at least he could have had Dominic say "I understand... but not yet, not like this." instead of "No, my way is better."
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby daveshan on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 am

Dom lives.

He only sacrifices his ability to have mind breaks and his brittle bone disease which he doesn't really have in the first place.
daveshan
Keenspot Despot

Postby IrishFino on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:16 am

bahamutkod wrote:
Sonoran_Simpleton wrote:I get why dime store warforged and salad woman are there, but why is weird bromance angel guy there, isnt he ONLY a personal friend of dominic and unrelated to the heroes of that particular war?

I think Mookie forgot the Sylvan Oracle's design. The character depicted is not salad lady here but the regular dryad who, to the best of my knowledge, isn't dead and had no bearing on Rilian's life. For once, Mookie had characters that could be discerned as unique from a distance and he pulls out the wrong design...

I'm glad Rilian is getting a noble send-off of sorts at least, but I'm bugged somewhat by how things were handled. The last couple comics were all "No, Rilian, you're wrong and Dominic is right"...but Dominic is proceeding to do EXACTLY what Rilian told him to do, only from inside the beast's mouth for some reason. Yes, I suspect it's to ensure the beast is dead and no longer a threat but at least he could have had Dominic say "I understand... but not yet, not like this." instead of "No, my way is better."

When the Oracle died and went to hook it up with Rillian, I remember her growing three sizes that day.

I don't think it was ever explained as to why, but I clearly remember her becoming a woman.

[insert more growth jokes]
There is a baby on my booby.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby PantherScott on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Allow me to call it, he sucks in the power of the beast and everyone else, becoming a demi-god of magic. Then to make sure no one can use the power to dominate the world again he ascends to a higher plane of existence, thus being allowed to benefit with no actual sacrifice. Though he'll always be able to come back for short stints of time. Thus everyone gets a half-arsed happy ending that any 12 year old that rides the short bus would write.

By the way, hi guys.
PantherScott
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Dominic Deegan