In which the protagonist fucks the world (2013-03-22)

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

In which the protagonist fucks the world (2013-03-22)

Postby yadumey on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Can't do it, you say? Bullshit. You're self-contained in a magical artifact, no chance of hurting anyone not willing to die right here and now (and let's face it, those two are dead anyway).
yadumey
Keenspot Despot

Re: In which the protagonist fucks the world (2013-03-22)

Postby TheBlackPaladin on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:01 pm

*Goes to flip the table, but before he can he starts repeatedly smashing his head into it*
Brett:Yeah? How about I break your face instead?!
Rachel:I invite you to try, Taggerty.
KRAK
Brett:AAAAAGGH!
Rachel:I break things with my face.

He's an uncontrollable arachnophobic cyborg on the edge. She's a provocative impetuous detective in the wrong place at the wrong time. They fight crime!

Which FF Character Are You?
TheBlackPaladin
Keenspot Despot

Postby IrishFino on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Fuck the woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorld.

Bitches.
There is a baby on my booby.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby daveshan on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Because Dominic had come to the realization that he lives in a world where a rapist is celebrated as a hero. He's finally doing the right thing.
daveshan
Keenspot Despot

Postby bahamutkod on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:09 am

daveshan wrote:Because Dominic had come to the realization that he lives in a world where a rapist is celebrated as a hero. He's finally doing the right thing.

If only... if only...

Luana/Rilian: "We're the best mages of the past and I've even been set up as magic Jesus and your sacrifice will do great things while your inaction will-"
Dominic: "Screw you guys, I"m Dominic Deegan and I'll have an idea that will keep me alive and MAKE EVERYTHING METAL FOREVER!"
Luana/Rilian: "How wrong we were to doubt Dominic Deegan! What an amazing hero and whoever chronicles his deeds must be a genius!"
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ZaneS on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:08 am

Would it be bad of me if he had used the word "memory" over "ghost" or hell even "soul" I'd have been much less annoyed by this update. Yes I know it necromancers can come back, but as picky as it is, the soul has been shown to be transferable to different planes of existence well after death, calling it a ghost has many implications I dislike.

As for the update on the whole, aww a bit but really the beast is "OMFG STRONG LA GA" Yes it is a cosmic horror and all but I can't be the only one tired of this asswit. So much could have been done with the theme of corruption besides "Evil makes you weak" (which considering the comic, doesn't match up.) This feels like a wasted villain who honestly isn't even a threat anymore. I know Dominic will win, I just don't know how or who else is gonna die.

Bumber and Quilt have died, Jacob is a new Rilian, and Rilian is "dead" The Maestro was fucking wasted, in both a chance to express a powerful character who could have sided with the king and as a mage and character as a whole. Instead of making everyone enchanted scream "MY MIIIIIIIND" why not mix enchantment with illusion? Can only the good guys lie? Hell Maestro could have easily joined in the fight planning and sowed in seeds of doubt, but wait that is good and smart writing. If the characters doubted themselves more then normal perhaps by an enchantment on the Maestro that spreads a feeling of dread to those around him, now where in this comic have we seen that? Oh that's right, the demon whose influence rotted self control to let rage be on the fore front. Yes this was done by a demon, however if magic can create the soul of storms, why can't it effect mood, like say the control runes and the spell of dread that caused. Those were enchantments.
ZaneS
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Dominic Deegan