Yes, drag this out some more (12/20/2012)

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

Yes, drag this out some more (12/20/2012)

Postby The Traveler on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:17 pm

http://dominic-deegan.com/comics/20121220.gif

Oh no, even though we blocked all the blight bombs, the king's making more!

Oh no, even though they've got the world's worst Stormtrooper aim, the Battlecasters are firing again!

Oh no, even though we've just had an out-of-left field review that Quilt is extra super duper special and the key to winning, the king's known he's down there the whole time and has apparently been ignoring him!
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Yes, drag this out some more (12/20/2012)

Postby rpgdemon on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Who's causing a distraction for whom, Kingy-ding.
Nocturn wrote:Well, I planned to respond to Ekim, but yet you were faster and ninja'd me.

Woot I Ninja'd!

<Something witty and ironic.>
rpgdemon
Keenspot Despot

Postby bahamutkod on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:02 am

"That room only needs one guard... who lets people in and allows my captive necromancer to explain the only way to stop my rampage."

If Davey knew about the tunnel, if he knew what was coming, he would have either collapsed it or trapped it or otherwise dealt with these chuckleheads well before now!

Also, Mookie, stop pretending that this is a cliffhanger. You already proved that you're too sissy to kill off Luna back in Maltak. The guard is going to be the Infernomancer. As for King D? You've spent the last few comics having him dick around and not get anything accomplished and the comics BEFORE that breaking him down from the admittedly interesting set-up you gave him. A self-made man beloved by the people enough to be king by POPULAR VOTE turns out to be a sneaky, conniving, racist cheat guilty of regicide... oh, and his otherworldly horror turns out to be his eyes with a condition.

You've hobbled your bad guys and so your precious attempts at "cliffhangers" are falling short of even the most trite and boring known literary works.
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Reaver225 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:58 am

bahamutkod wrote:"That room only needs one guard... who lets people in and allows my captive necromancer to explain the only way to stop my rampage."

If Davey knew about the tunnel, if he knew what was coming, he would have either collapsed it or trapped it or otherwise dealt with these chuckleheads well before now!
To be fair:
1: is that really Rillian they're speaking to?
2: Taking hostages is necessarily a bad thing?

Overly complex plans are what the king does, after all.

Still: Luna punching nukes is still a most incredibly silly thing.
| Mental note: Refrain from using the Force while drunk. | Caption contest winner! | "Screw it. Rocks fall, everyone dies." |
I shall delete you, recreate thyself. - Mutamu
"All citizens to either go to the graveyard and dig up corpses or become corpses for not complying." - hazardswake
Maldraugedhen wrote:That would only be if stupidity was a Boolean thing, or if it was like always multiplying a pair of negative numbers (assuming positive is intelligent).
Stupidity has its own infinite continuum, from bordering on the brain dead to just shy of normal.
...I need to not delurk right after a long coding session.
Reaver225
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ZaneS on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:50 pm

The Traveler wrote:Oh no, even though we've just had an out-of-left field review that Quilt is extra super duper special and the key to winning, the king's known he's down there the whole time and has apparently been ignoring him!

Just feel the need to point this out, Quilt has been used multiple times for his necromantic prowess. his EXISTENCE, caused the Storm of Souls arc, as it heralded it to the prime plane. now his ability is no were near as strong as he himself is if he was used as an energy source. So while not the best twist, it isn't completely a bullshit left field one.

Oh and I'm voting TIM is the guard.
ZaneS
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LordGolbez on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Moreover, considering who made Quilt, it's entirely possible that it's the very purpose he was created for... just a thought.
LordGolbez
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Dominic Deegan