2012-12-14 Star Wars Extravaganza (cont.)

Oracle For Hire!

Moderators: NevrMore, DominicDeegan, Silvsilvchan, TdotOdot2k

Forum rules
Due to popular demand, the Dominic Deegan Forum will remain online indefinitely. Happy Holidays!

1. Keenspot is not responsible for the actions of any posters or moderators.
2. Once warned to stop a behavior, stop.
3. Posts in violation of rules will be edited by moderators and noted
4. Contact NevrMore if you have a problem with another poster, do not flame troll or spam them
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=101683 and http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=99473 for the full list of rules.

2012-12-14 Star Wars Extravaganza (cont.)

Postby detrius on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:13 am

No, Mookie, the movie where the "Good Guys" were split into four teams doing stuff at the same time was actually "Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace", and it had not one but two raids on a palace in it. "New Hope" was actually more straightforward since it had just one line of action during its climax.

On the other hand, Miranda's attack on the Sanctuary and the King's proselytizing of Dominic (who surrendered himself to protect his friends & family, just like Luke did in the movie) are strongly reminiscent on the rebel attack on the second Death Star from "Return of the Jedi". I, for one, will not be surprised if the Beast turns out to be his father and the Eld will surely make fabulous Ewoks. Will they sing the original Yub Nub or the weaksauce new victory celebration song at the end?
Last edited by detrius on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Humans, eh? Think they're lords of creation. Not like us cats. We know we are. Ever see a cat feed a human? Case proven."

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
detrius
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: 2012-12-14 Star Wars Extravaganza (cont.)

Postby yadumey on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 am

detrius wrote:Will they sing the original Yub Nub or the weaksauce new victory celebration song at the end?

It's Michael. Was it ever a question?
yadumey
Keenspot Despot

Postby detrius on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:38 am

The comic will end with Dominic's baby brother (I forgot his name) performing a "heavy metal" version of Yub Nub.

And since it's a comic, we'll be told to just imagine how it's supposed to sound.
"Humans, eh? Think they're lords of creation. Not like us cats. We know we are. Ever see a cat feed a human? Case proven."

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
detrius
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby bahamutkod on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 am

Today... on Dominic Deegan...

Angry women!

Terrified men!

An ancient, proud race taught how to "return to the elements" by the white man and his intrepid runt! Forced to leave their great warships behind and realize too late that they CAN NO LONGER BREATHE THEIR OLD WORLD'S ATMOSPHERE!!

Oog.
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lumino on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:03 am

They already know they cannot breathe there, hence the breather one of them gave to Nimmel.
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Traveler on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 am

Which is still why I think them not being able to breathe there is a good enough reason to not return to their world. I mean, they created a cataclysm that changed the very nature of the planet and made it unlivable to them. They don't need a crazy storm further separating them, and no amount of warm fuzzy oneness with the elements is going to change that.
The Traveler
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby IrishFino on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Maybe by becoming one with the elements they mean to die to power up our heroes the Deegans.
There is a baby on my booby.
IrishFino
Keenspot Despot

Postby bahamutkod on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Lumino wrote:They already know they cannot breathe there, hence the breather one of them gave to Nimmel.

Ahh... fair point. However, that brings up another point that the Traveler brought forward.

Why did they have these breathing masks if they were banned from their home... and how does it allow people who breathe what I presume is oxygen rather than filter in only the gases the Eld breathe?
bahamutkod
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fenrisson on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:16 am

Wow. This update actually made me register for this. I mean, WTF. So the Eld have been exiled from the prime plane for thousands of years, and NONE of them have EVER thought that hey, maybe we need to get outside our ships and everything will be alright? This... just... it hurts my brain. Even more than the March Across Maltak.
Fenrisson
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Sin_City_Assassin on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:25 am

And then it flashes to the one guy who doesn't really feel like leaving the ship because the darn couch protecting him from the elements is too comfortable.
Sin_City_Assassin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lumino on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:24 am

In their defense, if there was a massive whirlpool between you and your destination as you were sailing a ship, would you think that the secret to getting past it would be to jump overboard?
Lumino
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby daveshan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:10 am

Lumino wrote:In their defense, if there was a massive whirlpool between you and your destination as you were sailing a ship, would you think that the secret to getting past it would be to jump overboard?

You just explained why Mookie's story is a load of crap.
daveshan
Keenspot Despot

Return to Dominic Deegan